Sequels Superman 2-who do you want to direct?

Honestly, I hate it when people come on these boards and pick fights over stupid topics, but did you actually READ the Abrams script? Let us not forget that JJ was primed and ready, alongside Brent Ratner, to butcher the Superman mythology. Let's just review a few alleged elements of that story:

1. Lex Luthor is a Kryptonian
2. Krypton never exploded
3. The suit is the source of Superman's powers
4. Superman is a playboy who constantly makes Lois jealous
5. Jimmy Olson is gay

Shall I go on?????

Listen, I know a lot of people weren't happy with Returns, but I think it did its job. Remember, Singer had to completely reintroduce the Superman Universe to the modern day moviegoer, who at the ripe old age of 16, has never even seen the Donner movie. Was it a little long? Perhaps. Did they try to channel a little too much Hackman in Spacey's Luthor? Absolutely. But no one prior to Singer presented a script or story idea that did any justice to the classic Superman lore. Long or not, you've gotta give credit where credit is due:Singer did a masterful job bringing this character back to the silver screen with the grace and majesty that made him different from other superheroes.

In short, despite its length SR still felt like a 'Superman movie,' not just another comic book themed action-fest. For that reason, I'm anxious to see what Singer and co. can do for a sequel, therefore making him my choice to direct.
you seem to forget that after the first draft, there were rewrites of the script that got rid of the crappiness of the first draft, and it was MUCH better

Would you prefer a McG superman, another smallville, or maybe another X3. Listen Superman Returns is just the begining. Singer has said that the next superman will be his Wrath of Kahn. X2 was much better than X-Men 1. Just give the guy a chance. I trust him, we should all trust him, he loves Supes, and knows how to make good movies. Let's go out there and let the world know that the next Superman MUST be a SINGER/ROUTH Superman. Let's give them a chance, because the alternative is horrifying!:super: :super:

Script, screenplay, Director -Kevin Smith.
The man knows comics,knows the characters in the Superman mythology, and he won't make something concerning the subject, that you wouldn't be proud to add to your collection.:supes:

i think that is a perfect idea, smith would be perfect. You can tell from this quote from when he had signed on to write superman lives back in hte ninties

'They had a script for ARCHITECTS OF FEAR that they felt didn't work,' says Smith. 'I read it and felt there was nothing I could do with it. With BEETLEJUICE, I figured leave well enough alone. But Superman was one that I was kind of intrigued by, because of my love for comic books and because I read the script they were working from at that time and hated it. Batman is about angst; Superman is about hope. That was the thing that bothered me about Greg Poirier's draft: they were trying to give Superman angst. They had Clark Kent going to a psychiatrist at one point. Superman's angst is not that he doesn't want to be Superman. If he has any, it's that he can't do it all; he can't do enough and save everyone. It's not enough to make him want to quit being Superman; it's enough to make the guy stay up at night so he's out doing **** constantly.'

he obviously has the right vision.

Who'd you want as composer?

Some candidates:
- Danny Elfman
- Marco Beltrami
- Michael Giacchino
- James Horner
- John Powell

It's a shame Jerry Goldsmith died. A Superman (or any) score by him would've been just amazing.

Who'd you want as composer?

Some candidates:
- Danny Elfman
- Marco Beltrami
- Michael Giacchino
- James Horner
- John Powell

It's a shame Jerry Goldsmith died. A Superman (or any) score by him would've been just amazing.

That's getting Off Topic though. The subject of this thread is directors. I'm sure you could set up your own thread for composers, if there isn't one already.

If Bryan Singer does not return:

1. Zack Snyder
2. Louis Leterrier(can't wait to see what he does with Clash of The Titans)
3. Wolfgang Petersen
4. JJ Abrams

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"