Superman 2-who do you want to direct?

Discussion in 'Superman Sequels' started by Excel, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Super Kal

Super Kal Proud Conservative

you seem to forget that after the first draft, there were rewrites of the script that got rid of the crappiness of the first draft, and it was MUCH better

2. EagleVision

EagleVision Man - Myth - Legend

JJ Abrams or maybe Wolfgang Petersen.

3. Would you prefer a McG superman, another smallville, or maybe another X3. Listen Superman Returns is just the begining. Singer has said that the next superman will be his Wrath of Kahn. X2 was much better than X-Men 1. Just give the guy a chance. I trust him, we should all trust him, he loves Supes, and knows how to make good movies. Let's go out there and let the world know that the next Superman MUST be a SINGER/ROUTH Superman. Let's give them a chance, because the alternative is horrifying!:super: :super:

4. DarkSovereignty

DarkSovereignty Ooga Chakka

i think that is a perfect idea, smith would be perfect. You can tell from this quote from when he had signed on to write superman lives back in hte ninties

'They had a script for ARCHITECTS OF FEAR that they felt didn't work,' says Smith. 'I read it and felt there was nothing I could do with it. With BEETLEJUICE, I figured leave well enough alone. But Superman was one that I was kind of intrigued by, because of my love for comic books and because I read the script they were working from at that time and hated it. Batman is about angst; Superman is about hope. That was the thing that bothered me about Greg Poirier's draft: they were trying to give Superman angst. They had Clark Kent going to a psychiatrist at one point. Superman's angst is not that he doesn't want to be Superman. If he has any, it's that he can't do it all; he can't do enough and save everyone. It's not enough to make him want to quit being Superman; it's enough to make the guy stay up at night so he's out doing **** constantly.'

he obviously has the right vision.

5. Noir

Noir Registered

Luc Besson :csad:

6. fabman

fabman Registered

Who'd you want as composer?

Some candidates:
    - Danny Elfman
    - Marco Beltrami
    - Michael Giacchino
    - James Horner
    - John Powell

It's a shame Jerry Goldsmith died. A Superman (or any) score by him would've been just amazing.

7. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Superman

That's getting Off Topic though. The subject of this thread is directors. I'm sure you could set up your own thread for composers, if there isn't one already.

8. Excel

Excel O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

38 months later...am I good or what? :p

9. rogue trooper

rogue trooper Registered

If Bryan Singer does not return:

1. Zack Snyder
    2. Louis Leterrier(can't wait to see what he does with Clash of The Titans)
    3. Wolfgang Petersen
    4. JJ Abrams