Superman 2-who do you want to direct?

Discussion in 'Superman Sequels' started by Excel, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Superman \S/ Registered

Woah?

2. Visionary Registered

RIDLEY SCOTT is the perfect director for Superman. BladeRunner, Alien and Gladiator. He would handle the film like an uncanny master.

3. Excel O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

LISTEN

obviously noonestold you so I will...

in june 2004...m night was the fav to get the job. he wanyted it. w.b. wanted him. the village just bomed, so no more night. but hes a huge fan; hes got a statue of superman on his desk.

4. Showtime Your Friend In Time

Thank you, somebody with some knowledge of the facts. :up:

5. BH/HHH You Are My World

Wolfgang Petersen or JJ Abrams - probably lean more towards JJ.

6. db85usa HeHe!

did i say he didnt like Superman, no. I said he doesn't like superhero movies of that nature. he likes the classic BUILD UP superhero film... you know the origin/development of powers i.e. Unbreakable. Do I give 2 ****s about him having a statue of Superman on his desk? No. Does that mean he'll be directing a sequel to SR. Big No.

7. LostSon88 Registered

I'm not gonna pass judgement until I see Returns. Seems like the logical thing to do IMHO.

Oh and shouldn't this thread be titled, "Superman IV-Who do you want to direct?" :p

8. db85usa HeHe!

google is your best friend. don't be such a lazy ass.

9. Nightwing1977 Want to see my mask??

skruloos is 'da man!! He sure is pimp 'in 'da house. ;)

And once again, I want a director who's known for using good stories with casting someone who does audition, rather than just pick someone who is popular or look the part like some bad directors do. The action, F/X, etc. come after. Someone like Singer, Nolan, etc. Not someone who is known for action like Bay, Emmerich (he better not touch Superman after doing Godzilla, 'Nuff Said :p), etc.

10. Showtime Your Friend In Time

The fact of the matter you haven't brought one thing to the table and all your original points were wrong. It's ok, you don't have to be angry, it doesn't change anything. Please see below:

Originally Posted by db85usa
    there is no way, no how, that M. Night would EVER do Superman or any other superhero film for that matter. i've said it before and every single time someone mentions his name.

You're original point was that HE WOULD NEVER do a Superman movie or any other superhero film, EVEN THOUGH HE WROTE AND DIRECTED Unbreakable. Now you are saying he would only do a Superhero movie if it was an origin story. Make up your mind.

You also wrote, if you read your original post, that HE DOESN"T LIKE THEM. Yet he did Unbreakable and now you are going against your orginal point and posting he is making another superhero film, Unbreakable 2, even though he doesn't like them. MAKES SENSE.

11. Showtime Your Friend In Time

It is a great tool when you use it correctly to pack up your posts, but when you misinterpret quotes and use them as facts, it's just a waste.

I liked Spider-Man a lot. And my favorite part of it was the first hour, again, becoming Spider-Man. That's what I like, and that's what I wanted to make a movie of.

He is refering to the creative process behind wanting to make UNBREAKABLE, he WANTED to create an origin story. You are generalizing to make it sound like this is his stance on everything, that he would only do origin stories. If that is the case why was he interested in doing a sequel to Unbreakable? MAKES SENSE.

12. KaptainKrypton Registered

I thought it also had something to do with him not ever filming outside of Philly. He's kind of weird about that.

13. Kane Guest

I wouldnt mind Singer but it doesnt have to be him. What this franchaise should do is possibly have different directors (considering how long it will last I dont think Singer would want to be tied down to it). Just as Singer continued Donner's vision, the next Director should continue Singer's vision added his own element etc... And obviously only good directors (no Schumaccers).

14. Richard Donner

15. Don Corleone Consigliere

brokeback supes...wouldnt work.
    CGI superman a-la the HULK...erm no no no...i'd have to say Abrams.

16. SUPERSEBAS Registered

I think that we need a director who really like the character, so I chooise The Wachowsky Brothers, they show in matrix trilogy that they like superman.

They made a good V for Vendeta comic adaptation, so they can made a good superman movie

17. Excel O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

bump...i guess?

18. GreenKToo In the fire

I'd have to say either wolfgang peterson, or peter jackson, but there are plenty of capable directors out there.

19. Angeloz Registered

I thought people wanted Richard Donner on the second film. But got the Lester-Donner combo. ;)

For the sequel of last years film I want Singer back. :super:

Angeloz

20. boywonder13 Registered

give Singer a second chance, if he fails again......

crucify him

:p

21. griffolyon12 Registered

I personally think they should let a relative unknown filmmaker do it.Preferrably a guy who has done primarily low budget films,because those people not only know how to use their budget wisely,thus getting more action out of it,but it could also help give the Man of Steel a unique artisitic style that is different from most summer popcorn movies.

22. hammy American Ham

What?!! I was here then and we never discussed M Night as a possibility. I never heard that. Not then, not until now. But he couldn't be any worse than Singer.

23. Angeloz Registered

So would the twist be - it was all a dream as there is no man that flies. :oldrazz:

Angeloz

24. chief103182 The Wrong Harvey

My friend is a HUGE Superman fan. Him and me were talking about this the other day and both agreed Peter Jackson would be fully capable to direct an action-packed, epic Superman movie.

25. NUFFSAID2004 Registered

Anybody but Bryan Singer! C'mon people! You are all praising this guy as though he delivered the greatest super-hero picture of all time. Superman Returns had more holes in it than swiss cheese. Donner's Superman was a classic because Donner had respect and admiration for the actual comic book character. On the other hand, Singer drew his love strictly from Donner, not really giving a hoot, or even realizing the true iconic comic book Superman. I really believe that the sequel should really start off fresh with a new director and cast and forget the failed attempt at a Donner Superman clone movie. (*rest in piece Marlon and Chris*) I've mentioned this before, but I'll say it again. The very best incarnation of Superman, from the comics, was the 1990s Superman:The Animated Series. Bruce Timm, Paul Dini, and company gave us a Superman that was pure genius, along with supporting characters and villians who were unforgetable. Anyone making a Superman film should use this series as a springboard/inspiration. I've only seen Superman Returns once. And that was only because I had nephews from out of town who wanted to see it. Sorry to say, once was enough for me.