Superman effects

You are totally right, SR did give us some good moments; I too like the bit were he turns in mid air and heat-visions the glass and the plane sequence is still awesome (even if I dont particularly like the way they did the heat vision, lol).

You are totally right, SR did give us some good moments; I too like the bit were he turns in mid air and heat-visions the glass and the plane sequence is still awesome (even if I dont particularly like the way they did the heat vision, lol).

And while discussing that scene let us not forget that it started with him catching a guy and setting him down while flying off. As you said, SR gave us some good flight stuff.

Besides Smallville

1. Confusing the hell out of general audiences
2. Having lame TV actors
3. Just milking the Superman character for a cheap buck
4. And last but not least having a low buget for special effects

Thats why I have not sat down to this day and seen 1 full espisode. The whole Smallville idea was stupid.

Don't worry you will see special effects better than in SR and that will be damn good!. The airplane sequence in SR is the most exciting stunning piece of cinema ever in a comic film IMO. It surpassed anything in Spiderman, the Hulk, FF4, Iron Man & I thought Thor was great with a good story. But as for speciall effects thats 1 area I'm not concerned about. Synder will spend the money there. I loved 300, everything look great.

agreed

After seeing the latest Transformers trailer I wish that Bay supervising the effects for the film. At the very least I hope that MoS has a similar look to Transformers. I'm liking the rich colors and sharpness. Could you imagine Superman flying through some of these scenes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c9F6SQI1ZM

dude that would be sick...I'd love to see a Superman film look like that...without all the Transformers though

I wonder who will be the VFx studio that will handle the bulk of the shots.
We can rule out WETA because they'll be doing the VFX for Hobbit prt 1 and 2 .
I did check the website of ILM and as of now on only Battleship and THe Avengers are lined up as their 2012 projects. COnsidering that both movies will come out in May 2012 that could potentially give ILM enough time to work on Man of Steel.

Sony Imageworks can also be considered. AFter all they handled the shots in GL , SUperman Returns , Watchmen and the Spider-man movies.Although i'm thinking that with them being busy on SPider-man 4 ( which comes out in JUly 2012) , they might not be available.

Well your assuming that they won't split the workload and of course these films above are filming right now while Superman has yet to. So maybe they will be able to fit this in.

I think Heat Vision really needs to get some upgrade. its just an powerful offensive ability that could generate one helluva light bonanza. Think Star Trek and transformers type projectiles.

Well your assuming that they won't split the workload and of course these films above are filming right now while Superman has yet to. So maybe they will be able to fit this in.

I think Heat Vision really needs to get some upgrade. its just an powerful offensive ability that could generate one helluva light bonanza. Think Star Trek and transformers type projectiles.

Nope , that is what ypou're concluding.
I do know that many studios will work on MoS however there will be one studio that will handle the bulk and also the biggest shots.

I seriously doubt that WETA is going to be able to handle more shots considering the mammoth task they have to create the shots for Hobbit.
Hell when they were doing Avatar , the only other movie they worked on was District 9 ( they were responsible for the mecha shots and the scenes featuring the giant mothership).

sometimes sony imageworks' work looks a bit too plastic for me. and there's something cartoony about all their work that i really don't like. I hope they aren't on this on. Even their CGI superman (besides being bizarre) looked cartoony. eyes were kinda big...head seemed big. and a lot of the GL creations were overly plastic/cartoony.

Last edited:
The opening sequence from the aliens on Ryut to Abin Sur crash landing on Earth seemed like a video game sequence.

Right now I don't think even the WB knows what will happen next if Green Lantern fails as expected.

"we may not get much of a profit from green lantern"
"well shoot. The budget on hangover 2 was around 80 million, how much we earn on that??"
"around 500 million now"
"nice. and the final harry potter comes out next month?"
"yep. so who gives a **** about how much GL makes".

Right now I don't think even the WB knows what will happen next if Green Lantern fails as expected.

on a serious note. I hope the superhero trend chills out after next year. Marvel will peak with avengers, and characters like superman/batman/spidey transcend any trends anyway. But if WB is gonna put so little into their scripts, then just leave the comics alone.

The thing is WB doesn't really do Superhero flicks outside of Superman and Batman. They've done Blade and that was okay, and they've done GL and that's about it.

Come to think of it, most of WB's tentpoles over the last few years have been provided by Chris Nolan and the Harry Potter franchise.

Personally I'd rather they slow down, take some time and find the right people rather than rush films out just to keep up with the Joneses.

Marvel are setting the pace and outrunning WB. I'd rather WB be the tortoise and just go slow and steady.

agreed. If anything, they'd probably make more money if they waited on like a flash movie. this summer was just over-saturated with movies. i love summer movie season, but there's just so many this year. 4 big releases a month is pushing it.

I'm 100% sure WB has a lot more than superhero movies sitting on their desk as potential tent poles. Disregard the "superhero fad" and do one of those others films. You can do another superhero movie in a few years.

The thing is WB doesn't really do Superhero flicks outside of Superman and Batman. They've done Blade and that was okay, and they've done GL and that's about it.

Come to think of it, most of WB's tentpoles over the last few years have been provided by Chris Nolan and the Harry Potter franchise.

Personally I'd rather they slow down, take some time and find the right people rather than rush films out just to keep up with the Joneses.

Marvel are setting the pace and outrunning WB. I'd rather WB be the tortoise and just go slow and steady.
Blade is Marvel:dry:

After seeing the latest Transformers trailer I wish that Bay supervising the effects for the film. At the very least I hope that MoS has a similar look to Transformers. I'm liking the rich colors and sharpness. Could you imagine Superman flying through some of these scenes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c9F6SQI1ZM

You know it's the same cinematographer, right?

Wasnt sure of that myself. So there's a good chance MOS will have that crispy epic look. Maybe that's why they chose Amir M. Mokri. Because of Transformers: DOTM and because Nolan's a fan of Bay. I guess they want a similar look. Maybe a hint there.

Last edited:

Wasnt sure of that myself. So there's a good chance MOS will have that crispy epic look. Maybe that's why they chose Amir M. Mokri. Because of Transformers: DOTM and because Nolan's a fan of Bay. I guess they want a similar look. Maybe a hint there.
sweet! they got Amir for MOS? when did that break? that's news to me!

sweet! they got Amir for MOS? when did they break? that's news to me!

Well, I dont remember. I think I read it when we learned that Snyder werent going to use his usual crew. It's also listed on IMDB, but dont beat me with it.

But no, it's not official, but I can imagine it will be.

I did not know that but that is good news. Does anyone know who will be in charge of the effects?

How much influence would a DP have over the effects of a movie? For some reason I'm really glad Snyder is going with a new team. If Superman has the color palette of Transformers, I'd be really happy.

I think the DP will help provide a view on how shots can be achieved taking any CGI into consideration and so on and so forth.

Ultimately the colour palettes are down to the post production team. For example Routh's suit was actually brighter before the film went through colour processing in post production.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"