Superman in the Marvel Universe (a purely theoretical discussion)

They'll destroy him.
First they will exploit him to make as much money of off him as they can.
Second they will have him fight everyone.
Third they will do their version of killing him off.
Then lastly they will bring him back only a shadow of what he once was.
Kind of like the Rocky movies.

They'll destroy him.
First they will exploit him to make as much money of off him as they can.
Second they will have him fight everyone.
Third they will do their version of killing him off.
Then lastly they will bring him back only a shadow of what he once was.
Kind of like the Rocky movies.

Except that it would probably be an improvement

Except that it would probably be an improvement
Seems possible:
Superman Heading To Marvel?

supes08.jpg
With the news that Warner Brothers last week lost a court case to determine who had rights to Superman (the case was ruled in favour of the heirs to co-creator Jerry Seigel), the jewel in DC Comics' crown may well find himself a new home with Marvel Comics.
Now that they've won, there’s no obligation for the Siegel family to maintain a relationship with DC Comics - or for that matter, Warner Brothers, who have a "Superman Returns" sequel in the pipeline, not to mention the long-troubled "Justice League" - leaving the way clear for Marvel to secure the rights to the Man of Steel.
The heirs to co-creator Jerry Seigel are set to be paid a healthy sum for domestic profits from the use of the character dating back to 1999 - a number that could run into tens of millions of dollars. However, that figure could double if co-creator Joe Shuster's heirs follow the Siegel family's lead in five years (which is when they're eligible to do so).
The Siegel family had been destitute for years after Jerry sold the rights to Supes for $130. Siegel died in 1996.
For all the messy details, go here:
http://www.variety.com/article/

Share This Story...

i dont see how just because Supes rights are in the air means he'd go strait to marvel? lol hell he could go to dark horse... or image.... i see no marvel talk anywhere except in headlines

i dont see how just because Supes rights are in the air means he'd go strait to marvel? lol hell he could go to dark horse... or image.... i see no marvel talk anywhere except in headlines

I think it's mainly cause marvel has more money.

Well, if Warner Brothers wants to keep milking his movie franchise, I'm sure they could outbid Marvel and keep Superman at DC if it actually becomes a bidding war.

Yeah, but WB has so many characters. Supes is prolly number 25 on their list. If they make more movies with numbers 12-14 they will make up the money they lost.

At least that's how I see their train of thought.

:thing: :doom: :thing:

Yeah, but WB has so many characters. Supes is prolly number 25 on their list. If they make more movies with numbers 12-14 they will make up the money they lost.

At least that's how I see their train of thought.

:thing: :doom: :thing:
But Superman's also a beloved American icon to a certain extent. Your average schlub may not actively associate Superman with DC or Time-Warner, but if they want Superman merchandise or the license to use Superman for anything, they have to pay Time-Warner. And there's a lot of Superman merchandise out there.

It'd be worth it just to see him knock some sense into the Sentry, I think. "You're the best blatant rip-off these guys could come up with?" :D

The best ripoff is Hyperion. :D

If it happened I give Doom about 2 months before he's either siphoned off Supes powers or he's body switched with him.

:doom: :doom: :doom:

God, Doom with Superman's powers would kick so much ass. They really need to have an event where Doom is the main villain.

Hyperion's irrelevant, by the way. :oldrazz:

Hyperion's a *****.....................cat.

Seems possible:
Superman Heading To Marvel?

supes08.jpg
With the news that Warner Brothers last week lost a court case to determine who had rights to Superman (the case was ruled in favour of the heirs to co-creator Jerry Seigel), the jewel in DC Comics' crown may well find himself a new home with Marvel Comics.
Now that they've won, there’s no obligation for the Siegel family to maintain a relationship with DC Comics - or for that matter, Warner Brothers, who have a "Superman Returns" sequel in the pipeline, not to mention the long-troubled "Justice League" - leaving the way clear for Marvel to secure the rights to the Man of Steel.
The heirs to co-creator Jerry Seigel are set to be paid a healthy sum for domestic profits from the use of the character dating back to 1999 - a number that could run into tens of millions of dollars. However, that figure could double if co-creator Joe Shuster's heirs follow the Siegel family's lead in five years (which is when they're eligible to do so).
The Siegel family had been destitute for years after Jerry sold the rights to Supes for $130. Siegel died in 1996.
For all the messy details, go here:
http://www.variety.com/article/

Share This Story...
I have a bridge I would like to sell.

Superman in 616? DC most recongnizable character? Never gonna happen.

I have a bridge I would like to sell.
Dude your funny.Seriously think about it.If you had the copyrights in your hands wouldn't you hold out to the highest bidder.After the company that ripped off your Dad of made trillions of dollars off of the Character and all your dad had for his troubles was a lousy $130 bucks???And he died Broke you don't believe they are going to shop arround now that they have DC by the n**ts.And you think Marvel won't jump at the Chance?Are you guys that naive.I mean I know were all fans here but come on!!!

This may seemed like something that is too good to be true, but if Seigel's family get the copyrights back and are able to sell the rights, I'm sure Marvel will be their top choice. Having Superman in 616 will be a shockwave that sends ripples throughout the comic industry, and a coup for Marvel. I'd love it if it can come true, but there are probably too many legal roadblocks to make it happen.

This may seemed like something that is too good to be true, but if Seigel's family get the copyrights back and are able to sell the rights, I'm sure Marvel will be their top choice. Having Superman in 616 will be a shockwave that sends ripples throughout the comic industry, and a coup for Marvel. I'd love it if it can come true, but there are probably too many legal roadblocks to make it happen.

Exactly.. DC's had the character for 70 years now, and they're likely to appeal as far as they can go. That might be interesting to see thought, imagine the justices of the Supreme Court discussing Superman. While they were at it, maybe we could get them to rule on the constitutionality of the Superhero Registration Act.

Dude your funny.Seriously think about it.If you had the copyrights in your hands wouldn't you hold out to the highest bidder.After the company that ripped you Dad of made trillions of dollars off of the Character and all your dad had for his troubles was a lousy $130 bucks???And he died Broke you don't believe they are going to shop arround now that they have DC by the n**ts.And you think Marvel won't jump at the Chance?Are you guys that naive.I mean I know were all fans here but come on!!!

Do you think for a second DC would give away their franchise player? That's like the Bulls not resigning Jordan in his uber prime.

Do you think for a second DC would give away their franchise player? That's like the Bulls not resigning Jordan in his uber prime.
What you said is exactly my point it's up to them to resign him but it's up to him to except.Once he is a free agent he has choices.If you were Jordan wouldn't you check out your options?

If Marvel did get Supes, I wonder if they'd put him in a Avengers movie.

What you said is exactly my point it's up to them to resign him but it's up to him to except.Once he is a free agent he has choices.If you were Jordan wouldn't you check out your options?
The difference, of course, being that Superman is a fictional character, so he doesn't actually have choices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"