World Superman Lives!

well, anyways, im look forward to this documentary being released :)

Great to see Burton confirmed. And all that stuff this guy is selling to put this thing together the way he wanted to... incredibly commendable. Can't wait for this.

Yeah, it's so awesome to see Tim Burton is in the documentary and the confirmation that the storyboard recreations, recreation scenes, animations are being made! And I expect a Nic Cage interview will be upcoming, too. He definitely sounded positive about the documentary and called it a good idea.

And now another insulting post from BH/HHH calling me a "sod". There are rules against insults on the boards. Polite disagreements are fine with me, I was just trying to clear up misunderstands such as you wondering if Lexiac was "Beaten via the power of love?" and have a polite discussion and script comparisons. The hostile bashing and name calling is totally uncalled for.

Jesus buddy you really are super sensitive if you call those insults. Just don't reply to my posts in future seen as though you can't stand anyone disliking this script.

Calling anyone a "sod" and a "smart-ash" are definitely insults and if you keep on engaging in insults it's only going to eventually lead to probation, or possibly banning. If I was super sensitive I would be engaging in emotional responses and I'd be the one defensively engaging in the emotional insults, but obviously it's the other way around. I haven't flown off the handle and called you any disrespectful names whatsoever. I am free to respond to your posts in a civil manner, politely defend myself, and report you to the moderators when you engage in insults, as well as clearing up any disinformation about Wesley Strick's Superman script. Again, I'm not saying you have to like Wesley Strick's Superman script. Polite disagreements about the scripts and overall film project are fine, but of course name-calling, personal insults, are not, and are against the rules of the board. Get back on the topic of Tim Burton's Superman film.

Last edited:
They aren't exactly what I'd call bad insults you're just been over sensitive. You were came across like you were trying to be clever when up you said its called Superman not Superman Lives. It had nothing to do with my post at all it was showing off, right then you set the tone. Polite convos are fine but you basically call peoples opinions wrong and I just called you on it. Seems I touched a nerve. ApAll I'm saying is if you get upset over the words sod and smart ash then you clearly need to lighten up.

Also I don't appreciate you saying because I don't like Strick's script
I won't like a documentary on it. You don't know me nor have you seen the documentary. I swear anyone has a differing opinion to you on anything by Tim Burton and Frank Miller you can't stand it.

I'll be happy to get back on topic too.

Last edited:
Calling anyone a "sod" and a "smart-ash" are definitely insults. I'm calm actually, but it seems you are trying to touch a nerve.

In your post you called Strick's script "Superman Lives" and so I just corrected you and pointed out a little known fact that Tim Burton didn't want the movie to be called "Superman Lives" and the script he intended to film isn't called "Superman Lives", just Superman. I quoted Tim Burton from his book Burton on Burton explaining, "I was pushing for it to be called Superman. I always hated those titles like 'Batman Forever'. I have high problems with some of those titles."

And I said that if you think the Superman script by Wesley Strick is "poorly done", "purely atrocious", "terrible", "unbearable," "garbage," etc., that means that you probably wouldn't like the Superman documentary since according to Jon Schnepp it's primarily focused on the Wesley Strick script that Tim Burton was going to film, including Wesley Strick interviewed, Tim Burton interviewed, storyboard recreations, the recreation scenes, animations. As Jon Schnepp said, "Wesley Strick's script is the most important since that is the script Tim Burton was going to film."

Calling anyone a "sod" and a "smart-ash" are definitely insults. I'm calm actually, but it seems you are trying to touch a nerve.

In your post you called Strick's script "Superman Lives" and so I just corrected you and pointed out a little known fact that Tim Burton didn't want the movie to be called "Superman Lives" and the script he intended to film isn't called "Superman Lives", just Superman. I quoted Tim Burton from his book Burton on Burton explaining, "I was pushing for it to be called Superman. I always hated those titles like 'Batman Forever'. I have high problems with some of those titles."

And I said that if you think the Superman script by Wesley Strick is "poorly done", "purely atrocious", "terrible", "unbearable," "garbage," etc., that means that you probably wouldn't like the Superman documentary since according to Jon Schnepp it's primarily focused on the Wesley Strick script that Tim Burton was going to film, including Wesley Strick interviewed, Tim Burton interviewed, storyboard recreations, the recreation scenes, animations. As Jon Schnepp said, "Wesley Strick's script is the most important since that is the script Tim Burton was going to film."

Didn't say they weren't I simply said they weren't exactly bad insults.

But there was no reason for the correction it didn't need to be mentioned.

But its a documentary not the finished film. I love to watch documentaries on all sorts. I watch docs on films I don't like because I find them interesting, I'll watch docs on on Jack the Ripper and such but it doesn't mean I like to see people get killed etc.

Any name-calling insults are bad and not allowed on the board.

The reason for the correction was for accuracy.

Well, hopefully you watch and enjoy the documentary.

Any name-calling insults are bad and not allowed on the board.

The reason for the correction was for accuracy.

Well, hopefully you watch and enjoy the documentary.

Okie doke well I apologise for offending you

Last edited:
Some bits of info from Jon Schnepp.

[YT]A1ACpQLZUco[/YT]

Jon Schnepp teased: "Within just this last week I've seen things that will blow your mind. Footage that I cannot talk about yet, which I will be able to talk about in about a month, which will change everyone's perspective on what they thought."

Jon Schnepp posted on March 22nd: "Shooting at Tim Burton's amazing home!"
9669e62eb76711e39e200ed7e3db63ea_8r.jpg

00f5c9f6b1cb11e3835312819a72a48f_8.jpg

"This documentary just got the key person I've intended on speaking with since I started this journey last March. Now we are going to get the last few important interviews in April and May, and get the finishing funds raised to make this documentary as special as it should be (making the extra scenes, animations, storyboard recreations, and more)."

Jon Schnepp today: "I'm back in Hollywood, after interviewing Tim Burton in London! I still have lots to do, so please help and donate":
http://www.schneppzone.com/supermanlives/

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1270411036/the-death-of-superman-lives-what-happened/posts

"... footage I can not talk about yet." Oh, god. Imagine if he meant test footage of Cage in the suit(s).

I am very curious to know more In context what the Tim Burton Superman film would have been like.

Even if he doesn't get Cage (which I hope he does) this documentary is gonna be extremely interesting.

I just wonder when its done how is it gonna be available exactly?

"... footage I can not talk about yet." Oh, god. Imagine if he meant test footage of Cage in the suit(s).

That's exactly what he's got...

And also he wants to show photos from other cancelled projects like Justice League: Mortal.

And also he wants to show photos from other cancelled projects like Justice League: Mortal.

How do you know that?
Not that I am doubting your word, but I'm curious to know how you found this information.

How do you know that?
Not that I am doubting your word, but I'm curious to know how you found this information.

Yeah, please explain. How could he get his hands on JL:M stuff... :huh: Not that I'd complain if he did.

Give Schnepp few more weeks, guys. ;)

I just wonder when its done how is it gonna be available exactly?

[YT]ensJ0L5kP6w[/YT]

Jon Schnepp said in March at the Meltdown Comics store in Los Angeles, California while selling his comic collection for more funding for finishing the film: "The Death of Superman Lives: What Happened will be coming out on August 1st. I will be premiering it at the San Diego Comic Con (July 24th-July 27th). There will be tickets available. I will probably be pre-selling the tickets towards the end of April. I will be doing a lot of promotions. There will be secret screenings. There will be a lot of other opportunities to see the Death of Superman Lives: What Happened. I'm talking to a lot of people like Darren Bousman and Kevin Smith. They're giving me a lot of tips on doing a tour with it. They've helping me out with some real cool tips. I'm almost locking in a deal for distribution with a real cool company which I'll be announcing in the next couple of weeks. I've got major announcements for the actual film with people I'll be filming. But I just can't say it until I actually have it 'in the can' and then I'm going to make the announcements. That's just how I roll."

And according to the Kickstarter page the Death of Superman Lives: What Happened will be released on a DVD and Blu-ray combo package and Digital Download. Those who donated any amount ranging from $40 or more will be entitled to a free DVD and Blu-ray combo package of the finished film, the Super-thanks with their name in the end credits crawl, and those that donated $1,000 or more have the chance to be interviewed and talk about what Superman means to them for a segment of the film and for the special features section, of which will be many fans talking about Superman, on the Death of Superman Lives: What Happened DVD and Blu-ray.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1270411036/the-death-of-superman-lives-what-happened

[YT]ensJ0L5kP6w[/YT]

Jon Schnepp said in March at the Meltdown Comics store in Los Angeles, California while selling his comic collection for more funding for finishing the film: "The Death of Superman Lives: What Happened will be coming out on August 1st. I will be premiering it at the San Diego Comic Con (July 24th-July 27th). There will be tickets available. I will probably be pre-selling the tickets towards the end of April. I will be doing a lot of promotions. There will be secret screenings. There will be a lot of other opportunities to see the Death of Superman Lives: What Happened. I'm talking to a lot of people like Darren Bousman and Kevin Smith. They're giving me a lot of tips on doing a tour with it. They've helping me out with some real cool tips. I'm almost locking in a deal for distribution with a real cool company which I'll be announcing in the next couple of weeks. I've got major announcements for the actual film with people I'll be filming. But I just can't say it until I actually have it 'in the can' and then I'm going to make the announcements. That's just how I roll."

And according to the Kickstarter page the Death of Superman Lives: What Happened will be released on a DVD and Blu-ray combo package and Digital Download. Those who donated any amount ranging from $40 or more will be entitled to a free DVD and Blu-ray combo package of the finished film, the Super-thanks with their name in the end credits crawl, and those that donated $1,000 or more have the chance to be interviewed and talk about what Superman means to them for a segment of the film and for the special features section, of which will be many fans talking about Superman, on the Death of Superman Lives: What Happened DVD and Blu-ray.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1270411036/the-death-of-superman-lives-what-happened

I live in the UK so I'm hoping it won't be too difficult to obtain. I would have loved to have donated but money is very tight at the moment unfortunately.

This is just fantastic news.

I thought I was the only person who loved the idea of Superman Lives! Back in the 90s, I remember telling people Cage was the new Superman and waiting for the film to arrive. It never did, but thankfully X-Men did, and then Spidey and so on. But at the back of my mind, I always wished we'd seen Burton's Superman. It would have been incredible. I love the Donner movies, Superman Returns and Man of Steel, but I'd love to see Burton's version as well.

Ironically, a lot of people said Burton's idea for an alienated, angsty (and probably subwhat Goth-y) loner Superman wouldn't work. What do we have now in the New 52? Exactly.

This is just fantastic news.

I thought I was the only person who loved the idea of Superman Lives! Back in the 90s, I remember telling people Cage was the new Superman and waiting for the film to arrive. It never did, but thankfully X-Men did, and then Spidey and so on. But at the back of my mind, I always wished we'd seen Burton's Superman. It would have been incredible. I love the Donner movies, Superman Returns and Man of Steel, but I'd love to see Burton's version as well.

Ironically, a lot of people said Burton's idea for an alienated, angsty (and probably subwhat Goth-y) loner Superman wouldn't work. What do we have now in the New 52? Exactly.

I'm also pretty obsessed with Superman Lives. I vividly remember being around 10 years old when my sister broke it to me, after reading about it in Hello Magazine, that Nic Cage was playing Superman. I was like wtf, lol.

Although the script I would have wanted to see being made was Kevin Smith's (easily the best of the bunch, in my opinion), and from what I gather the second Burton stepped in, Smith was out. Gigantic bummer. We all missed out on what could have been a pretty fun and cool Superman flick for the 90s.

Eagerly awaiting this documentary. Have no idea how I'm gonna get to watch it here, though.

Interview with SL's 3-times Academy Award winning costume designer Colleen Atwood confirmed. And this is what Jon Schnepp tweeted two weeks ago:

"Spent all day at Tim Burton's LA Film Unit, photographing things I had no idea existed! Tip of the iceberg indeed!!! #mindblown #holygrail"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"