Superman & Lois Original Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Superman & Lois' started by Speed Force, Oct 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calvin Ellis Kal-El of Earth 23

As I have said before I am not a big fan of this show but I will give it a shot. I'm just not too trilled with all that I am hearing when it comes to this and I believe that they are making a huge mistake giving him two teenage sons. I just feel they should've focused on fixing Superman and his position in this world then on a family. However it is what it is.

2. Brierrose Registered

I agree with this, functionally Earth-Prime is very much like everyone's pre-crisis homes. So far we seen that the characters we knew pre-crisis haven't changed so I don't think that aspect is going to be explored. It's interesting that the biggest confirmed change is to Superman and Lois's history.

It's true that the general public on Earth-Prime knows who Superman is. What we don't know and can't assume is that Superman's history is the same as it was on Earth-38. We already know from the description of this show that Lois and Clark's history has significantly changed, doesn't it follow that Superman's history has changed too. Even assuming Superman's Earth-Prime history does sorta follow Earth-38 history he still doesn't yet have the personal connections to the Paragons, who retained their pre-crisis connections, and Black Lightning to assume a leadership role in the group.

3. Fran-el Registered

4. Dr. From parts unknown

It's probably a good thing that the series opens with this sort of personal drama and pathos. (Though, execution will be key.)

But another detail (assuming it's true) was more interesting:

"...Smallville, where the series is expected to predominantly take place..."

:hmm

Fran-el likes this.
  5. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

I don't like the idea of Superman and Lois taking place in Smallville. Last thing I need is a Smallville 2.0.

WhoMani and Calvin Ellis like this.
  6. Calvin Ellis Kal-El of Earth 23

If they were going to go about things this way it would've been better to just bring Welling's SV back and instead of him having two girls let him have a son and a daughter and just go from there where they find out their kids have super powers even after he gave up his.

#931 Calvin Ellis, Feb 9, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    vantheman77 likes this.
  7. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

Exactly as this looks inspired by Smallville’s Crisis cameo.

8. WhoMani Registered

I don't like it too since its a rehash of Smallville the show and I would rather we had an actual Superman show in which most of the events takes place in Metropolis instead of Smallville.

vantheman77 likes this.
  9. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

I'm hoping whatever spoiler was posted above is not true, especially from a site we never heard of.

10. Dr. From parts unknown

A prior/rumored plot synopsis claimed that CK would be laid off from the Daily Planet. So that would be consistent with moving back to Smallville (and returning to... farm work?). But the same synopsis said Lois continues as a DP reporter - which would make for a tough daily commute.

:shrug:

11. Calvin Ellis Kal-El of Earth 23

With the way technology is Lois can work for the Planet any place around the world.

12. Boy Scout Registered

What the **** is the point of setting a Superman series in Smallville? I hope that’s not true.

WhoMani and vantheman77 like this.
  13. LL2K2 Maid of Might

I wouldn't mind them making occasional trips to Smallville, but it doesn't need to be every week. The farm could serve as a place for the family to de-stress, whether it's for Lois after a rough stretch - or one or both of the twins showing signs they may have inherited their father's powers.

vantheman77 likes this.
  14. The Guard Registered

Isn't there a run of recent comics where Clark and Lois decide to raise their son in Smallville?

15. Calvin Ellis Kal-El of Earth 23

No they raised him in a place like Smallville when New 52 Superman was alive. After he and Lois died they for the most part took over their lives until Rebirth and then permanently moved to Metropolis.

16. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

In the recent comics, Clark and Lois raised Jon in Hamilton County.

Notice that the rumored premises we've been hearing are from sites we've never heard of. Only thing true so far is their sons Jonathan and Jordan casted last week.

17. Wheels Groovy

Setting this in Smallville is such a garbage idea.

18. herolee10 No More Miracles

Yeah, well it's definitely not doing any favors for those that thought this premise was superior to having a Superman series featuring Brandon Routh's KC version.

19. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I guess Superman will be following in the footsteps of Michael Keaton and having his turn at playing "Mr Mom". :o

20. Wheels Groovy

I don't mind the parental angle at all.

21. herolee10 No More Miracles

Same. I wish I could say the same about the rest of the "leaked" plot for the pilot. Doesn't sound captivating/interesting at all.

vantheman77 likes this.
  22. Wheels Groovy

Agreed.

vantheman77 likes this.
  23. Fran-el Registered

I don't know if it will be true or not but it seems interesting, POSSIBLE SPOILER
    of the villain.

24. SuperRouth Registered

Sounds awesome can’t wait

Also exactly who I thought it would be (kind of).

Fran-el likes this.
  25. herolee10 No More Miracles

All I can say is that I hope those rumors about a Kingdom Come Superman show, featuring Brandon Routh, is accurate because I am not feeling it for this show.

To anyone who still follows "Supergirl", so what's going on with Lex Luther? I mean is he still viewed as having been Superman's greatest enemy in this new timeline? Or has he been converted into being a Supergirl villain only? The fact that we haven't heard about his involvement in this show is also concerning.

And if those so called leaks are true, then this show would have the weakest premise for a pilot in the Arrowverse.

- Arrow Pilot: Oliver returns to Star City after 5 years of being MIA and vows to right his father's mistakes as the Green Arrow.

- Flash Pilot: Barry becomes the first public metahuman superhero of his Earth and seeks to unravel the mystery surrounding his mother's death and the aftermath of the Particle Accelerator's explosion with his new crew.

- Legends Pilot: A group of misfits are recruited by a Time Master to prevent Vandal Savage from conquering the Earth in the future.

- Supergirl Pilot: Kara begins her career as Supergirl as she works with the DEO in combating against alien threats while making a name for herself outside of her famous cousin's shadow.

- Black Lightning Pilot: Jefferson comes out of retirement and resumes his duties as Black Lightning to combat against a growing threat.

- Batwoman Pilot: Kate takes on the role of being Gotham City's newest guardian after the disappearance of her cousin, Batman.

I'm hoping that most of the leaks were wrong and that we're in for something special like Elizabeth had teased about in a prior interview. Otherwise, I don't expect to see this show develop much of a fan base.

vantheman77 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.