Superman & Lois Original Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it will be true or not but it seems interesting, POSSIBLE SPOILER
of the villain.

All I can say is that I hope those rumors about a Kingdom Come Superman show, featuring Brandon Routh, is accurate because I am not feeling it for this show.

To anyone who still follows "Supergirl", so what's going on with Lex Luther? I mean is he still viewed as having been Superman's greatest enemy in this new timeline? Or has he been converted into being a Supergirl villain only? The fact that we haven't heard about his involvement in this show is also concerning.

And if those so called leaks are true, then this show would have the weakest premise for a pilot in the Arrowverse.

- Arrow Pilot: Oliver returns to Star City after 5 years of being MIA and vows to right his father's mistakes as the Green Arrow.

- Flash Pilot: Barry becomes the first public metahuman superhero of his Earth and seeks to unravel the mystery surrounding his mother's death and the aftermath of the Particle Accelerator's explosion with his new crew.

- Legends Pilot: A group of misfits are recruited by a Time Master to prevent Vandal Savage from conquering the Earth in the future.

- Supergirl Pilot: Kara begins her career as Supergirl as she works with the DEO in combating against alien threats while making a name for herself outside of her famous cousin's shadow.

- Black Lightning Pilot: Jefferson comes out of retirement and resumes his duties as Black Lightning to combat against a growing threat.

- Batwoman Pilot: Kate takes on the role of being Gotham City's newest guardian after the disappearance of her cousin, Batman.

I'm hoping that most of the leaks were wrong and that we're in for something special like Elizabeth had teased about in a prior interview. Otherwise, I don't expect to see this show develop much of a fan base.

To anyone who still follows "Supergirl", so what's going on with Lex Luther? I mean is he still viewed as having been Superman's greatest enemy in this new timeline? Or has he been converted into being a Supergirl villain only? The fact that we haven't heard about his involvement in this show is also concerning.
Short answer Lex is running Luthor Corp out of National City. To the general public he's a hero who won the Nobel Peace prize. He's having fun messing with Kara and Lena but recently has been clued into Leviathan and believes the organization is a threat to him. Clark hasn't been mentioned at all but we've only had two post CoIE episodes and they were filmed back in November.

Long answer how much if any of Jon Cyrer's Lex appears on Superman and Lois is entirely up to Cryer. He's always listed as a special guest of Supergirl. He's an expensive actor for a CW show yet he doesn't need the money. He's likely taking a pay cut because he's enjoying himself. He asked to be in CoIE and from interviews he's having a ball with the part. Part of that fun however is working with Melissa Benoist and Katie McGrath. He's an actor who enjoys working with people at or near his level especially if they're "giving" to the other actors in the scene. Both Melissa and Katie are known for being "giving" to their scene partners. If Cryer can't have the same fun on Superman and Lois he's got no reason to be a significant part of the show.

Such overreactions to the leaked plot. Fact is no one can fairly judge until they’ve seen it. Although the fact a certain negative someone has decided it’s already terrible and won’t gain a following because they don’t like what they’re hearing isn’t surprising at all.

Such overreactions to the leaked plot. Fact is no one can fairly judge until they’ve seen it. Although the fact a certain negative someone has decided it’s already terrible and won’t gain a following because they don’t like what they’re hearing isn’t surprising at all.

Yeah just like how someone here likes to label anyone who has an actual opinion as a troll.

A plot about Clark and Lois moving back to Smallville after the former gets laid off while having the likes of the Lana Lang and her abusive husband as main characters doesn't need to be seen in live action to know that the plot is underwhelming.

And when Superman's greatest villain has yet to be confirmed in starring on the show after being treated as Supergirl's primary nemesis then I think that should raise a few eyebrows.

The plot sounds pretty.... different. Will await the execution to see how it goes.

the plot for the Joker movie sounded useless on paper but it was quite a good film

Yeah just like how someone here likes to label anyone who has an actual opinion as a troll.

A plot about Clark and Lois moving back to Smallville after the former gets laid off while having the likes of the Lana Lang and her abusive husband as main characters doesn't need to be seen in live action to know that the plot is underwhelming.

And when Superman's greatest villain has yet to be confirmed in starring on the show after being treated as Supergirl's primary nemesis then I think that should raise a few eyebrows.

It’s not your opinions that make you a troll it’s the way you project them onto all fandom. I have no issue with you disliking the leaked plot but you’re acting like you’ve already seen it. I’ve honestly never met someone whose a fan or a character who is just so pessimistic and negative about anything. It’s why I question if you’re even really a Superman fan or just a troll.

It’s not your opinions that make you a troll it’s the way you project them onto all fandom. I have no issue with you disliking the leaked plot but you’re acting like you’ve already seen it. I’ve honestly never met someone whose a fan or a character who is just so pessimistic and negative about anything. It’s why I question if you’re even really a Superman fan or just a troll.

And yet I'm always the one that you end up singling out whenever any criticism is shown for the product.

I'm not the only one here that posted their issues/concerns regarding the supposed leaks for the series pilot.

And in case if you hadn't noticed by now, the character of Superman hasn't exactly been portrayed and utilized well as of late. With the exception of a few great animated projects, Superman has been sorely misused in the live action department.

And yet I'm always the one that you end up singling out whenever any criticism is shown for the product.

I'm not the only one here that posted their issues/concerns regarding the supposed leaks for the series pilot.

And in case if you hadn't noticed by now, the character of Superman hasn't exactly been portrayed and utilized well as of late. With the exception of a few great animated projects, Superman has been sorely misused in the live action department.[/QUOTE

You’re the only one who is making baseless comments that the show won’t gain a following for a pilot you haven’t even seen.

Also misused in your opinion, I’ve seen the types of complaints you have and they’re mostly always superficial cause Superman doesn’t get the final blow against a villain and such.

Whatever dude. Frankly, I'm tired of having to explain myself so I'm just going to add your to my ignore button already.

Officially renaming this gif My Herolee & SuperRouth Gif:

JcuVZR.gif

Back to topic, one of the TV folks over at Spotted Ratings also read the script to this pilot and liked it. Said it was "really interesting" and described it as a Smallville/Black Lightning/Supergirl hybrid. Unfortunately they did not get more descriptive than that.

You guys might want to check this out as studios have script readers before they either recommend to series or pass on it.

Superman & Lois: Pilot Preview - PRIMETIMER
A "spiritual follow-up to Lois & Clark but darker" sounds just up my alley.

This person also says it shares more DNA with Black Lightning than any of the other CW shows, which I'd consider a very good thing.

The Superman and Lois pilot script is off to a good start with the hybrid of Lois & Clark, Smallville, Supergirl, and Black Lightning. Notice that no one from Supergirl appears as Superman doesn't need anyone guesting in the pilot and has immense starpower.

In terms of the Jon and Jordan Kent casting, I hope Alexander Garfin is the one playing Jon Kent as he looks more like him and is the 'aw, shucks'-type.

I wonder if we will get the same General Sam Lane and Morgan Edge from Supergirl or a recast due to the Crisis.

I agree it may have a good chance had this been on the larger networks like CBS, where Supergirl originally came from.

Last edited:
If they execute this script well its going to be the best damn CW pilot there's been. Its a wonderful take, full of homages and great character moments & some heartbreaking stuff.

Some of the stuff in this pilot deserves a bigger budget than the CW can give them, so yeah, I hope they can find a great director who can make the most of what they've got.

The script definitely works for me, though! Really enjoyed it. This is SO the Superman I want to see. The only thing "CW" about it are the few scenes with just the teens, and I could imagine their drama grating on me throughout the show, but the family stuff is A+, imo. It's the same with Black LIghtning for me, so I certainly get the comparisons. Thankfully though, there's some great Superman content to balance it out.

David Nutter or Glen Winter seem like the most likely candidates. I would prefer Nutter, though. Larry Teng is another Arrowverse alum I'd be ok with taking this on. He did the best action stuff on SG.

Honestly I am buzzing after reading that, it’s the best characterisation of Superman in live action maybe ever but certainly since the first two Supes appearances on Supergirl & better than any of the movies made post the Reeve era. There’s a particular exchange he has with a young kid in the early parts of the script that is just Superman to an absolute T.

Honestly I am buzzing after reading that, it’s the best characterisation of Superman in live action maybe ever but certainly since the first two Supes appearances on Supergirl & better than any of the movies made post the Reeve era. There’s a particular exchange he has with a young kid in the early parts of the script that is just Superman to an absolute T.
I have also read it, I loved it and it leaves you wanting much more! Just need to see how it looks on the screen, I also wonder if I will have a new suit or maybe more than one for the flashbacks?

Read it. It's significantly, if not fundamentally, flawed. Clark comes across particularly badly, and Lois doesn't get nearly enough focus. I'm friends with several Lois, Superman, Clois, and SMALLVILLE fans, and they have been sharing their valid criticisms, anger, and heartbreak about how bad it is on Twitter. These were people pushing for this show and championing the actors. For them to be this upset indicates a serious misfire.

Can't say I'm surprised at your reaction, misslane. You've been against the show and this version of Superman from the start. If you had liked it, I would've been beyond shocked. But obviously, based on those of us on this site who've read it and those on other sites who also praised it, you and your Twitter circle not liking it =/= "misfire."

It's not bad AT ALL, imo. In fact, I'd argue it's better than any superhero pilot the CW has done.

I was open to the show. These other fans were even more keen on it than me. It's their outrage that I saw first before I read the script. This isn't a case of bias. It's got major problems. Read this for more (profanity warning).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"