Superman Returns Superman Returns - Extended Cut

Now I feel like watching this film again... I like the fact that Superman is seen actually saving people in Superman Returns, something I find missing in MOS

Now I feel like watching this film again... I like the fact that Superman is seen actually saving people in Superman Returns, something I find missing in MOS

Yeah cause Superman didn't save people in Man of Steel i.e. The oil rig workers, bus full of kids. (including Pete Ross separately) as a kid, the soldier that fell out the helicopter, Colonel Hardy when Faora was about to kill him with a knife, the family that Zod tried to kill, Lois Lane several times and oh yeah the entire human race!

Saving in a cheesy heroic manner :D :o

Well you got me there :oldrazz:

It will come back one day, everything has its day, right now we're in the serious moments but one day I reckon they'll go back to been more lighthearted. May be not cheesy per se but something that's more about the heroic nature rather than angst.

Yeah I hope the triumphant heroism comes back sooner or later. There's actually a bit of that in MOS - the scene where Superman's in the prison. Looks like Henry Cavill was channelling Christopher Reeves there and I loved it :D

I love Man of Steel but as with anything things change in future so
I reckon we'll definitely get a different incarnation once again in future. I actually have an idea for a lighter hearted version that still maintains a serious edge, based on Grant Morrison's Action Comics origin run.

I've just watched the Superman Restored Cut and I think its definitely a more improved cut than the one we saw in cinemas or on TV, Blu Ray, etc. Now don't get me wrong it isn't perfect, there are one of two moments where his editing was a little off but nothing major. From a personal stand point ?I wanted the deleted scene where Lex and co are heading to the Fortress adding in but the editor obviously didn't feel it was needed. Bosworth still grates on me (although thankfully a little more than less with some nice editing), the kid aspect is obviously still there and the ending is still bloated but some problems cannot be fixed by simply re-editing. However, he did re-edit many things and to great effect:

Adding in the Return to Krypton Sequence, more Smallville portions of the film (i.e. restoring Ben Hubbard's scenes and Clark burying the ship) and adding the voice over conversation between Clark and Martha over the flying scene (in place of the Jor El speech) go a long way in making this feel more like Clark's film. I felt the theatrical cut really made it seem like Lois Lane/Lex Luthor Returns featuring Superman but not in this version.

Another note on adding in Clark's conversation with Martha VO really hardens back to Superman the Movie where his Father (Glen Ford) is telling him he was sent here for a reason, especially with the similar imagery of Superman flying towards the clouds. I loved that about it.

I think omitting the Brando dialogue was clever in certain scenes, as other than Superman the Movie fans I can imagine people wouldn't understand why it was there.

I think what this guy did best with his cut of Superman Returns though was simply in re-editing. He makes scenes fly by (no pun intended) with the way he cuts them. No longer do certain scenes seem slow and laboured but thrilling and fun, this is most notable in the way he cut the museum robbery in with Kitty's car trouble.

To be honest I think this cut makes Singer seem look worse as a director he didn't seem to know how to edit his film to better the pacing. Here some guy off the street has come in and re-edited this from an average film to a good film. If there is one thing this edit proved its that simply re-adding the scenes won't make the film any better but doing that along with some re-editing (to make the pacing better) would. I will definitely re-visit this from time to time and had this version been what was released I'd definitely give it a 7.5-8/10.

Are you talking about the tomahawk link or the one people can't seem to find referenced earlier? Got a link to this re-edit in not the tomahawk? Who love for a full on director's/uncut came out... personally liked SR a lot despite the Donnerisms that it still kept in play.

Are you talking about the tomahawk link or the one people can't seem to find referenced earlier? Got a link to this re-edit in not the tomahawk? Who love for a full on director's/uncut came out... personally liked SR a lot despite the Donnerisms that it still kept in play.

All I know is it's called Superman Restored. I'm unsure who made it, sorry.

good afternoon

I edited an extended version of Superman Returns. He got 169 minutes.
I used 10 of the 12 deleted scenes.

Logos WB, Legendary and DC
Initial text
Return to Krypton (deleted)
Initial credits
Lex getting his fortune
Martha and Ben playing crosswords (deleted)
Clark's arrival
Lex's henchman driving the yacht
Kitty prepares a martinee (deleted)
Lex explains about technology
Arrival at the North Pole
Before entering (deleted)
Lex learns from Jor-EL
Clark waking up and viewing the photos in his room (deleted)
Clark remembering his childhood
Clark floating in the barn (extended deleted)
Clark throws the ball to his dog
Clark buries his ship (deleted)
Clark reading newspapers in the barn (deleted)
Clark talking to Martha about his trip
Clark and martha talking (deleted)
The same from the introduction to the Daily Planet,
even when Lex's henchmen warn about the henchman who was crushed by the piano.
The same from, Jimmy checking his equipment after the blackout, until when Lois decides to go to the hospital.
Perry christening the Lex Island of New Krypton (deleted)
The same from Lois' arrival at the Hospital, until Superman's final flight
Thanks to the cast
Final credits

SUPERMAN RETURNS EXTENDED EDITION 1080p - Google Drive

good afternoon

Initial text
Initial credits
Lex getting his fortune
Clark's arrival
Lex learns from Jor-EL
The same from, Jimmy checking his equipment after the blackout, until when Lois decides to go to the hospital.
Thanks to the cast
Final credits

Thank you downloading this now and watching it this weekend. I have always said under my previous username that they should've released a directors cut of this movie given so much of Lex's story was left on the cutting room floor that showed he was more than just Donner's Lex. Would've loved to see him explain to Superman he was the reason why he left instead of that quick vague statement he made in the TC. I also would've seen more to Clark's/Superman story that was in the shooting script.

good afternoon

Initial text
Initial credits
Lex getting his fortune
Clark's arrival
Lex learns from Jor-EL
Thanks to the cast
Final credits

Thanks! Will download and give this a watch!

Ya know I recently been watching some clips from Superman Returns, it's been a long time.

Ya know I just don't get why they formulated this movie back then without physical threat for Superman to fight. By the time Superman Returns released we had:

2 Spider-Man movies
3 X-men movies
5 Batman movies
3 Blade movies
1 Daredevil

You get the point. How did they think this movie was gonna be a hit solely off being a romance movie and Superman saving people? Audiences by then were use to big action spectacle in superhero movies.

It was a damn shame how Superman Returns turned out because I adored Brandon Routh as Superman.

Last edited:
Ya know I recently been watching some clips from Superman Returns, it's been a long time.

Ya know I just don't get why they formulated this movie back then without physical threat for Superman to fight. By the time Superman Returns released we had:

2 Spider-Man movies
3 X-men movies
5 Batman movies
3 Blade movies
1 Daredevil

You get the point. How did they think this movie was gonna be a hit solely off being a romance movie and Superman saving people? Audiences by then were use to big action spectacle in superhero movies.

It was a damn shame how Superman Returns turned out because I adored Brandon Routh as Superman.

I agree with you. That's another reason why I ADORE MOS! It was the Superman film I had been waiting for years to see. Because we get actual physical threats and destruction like Superman The Animated series and Dragonball Z, which is what would happen when beings like that clashed.

I too loved Routh as Superman and Superman Returns problems were not his fault. He was great.

Superman Returns did what it was meant to do. Be a continuation of the Reeve/Donner films and it succeeded at that. However, that was also its fault in my opinion as well.

As you said, no real villains, no physical threat, just more of Superman romance, catching things that are falling etc.

I still enjoy the film and re-watch it from time to time. Its better than Superman III & IV at least.

Honestly if you threw in a villain for him to fight this probably has the best Superman movie story we have gotten to date.

Honestly if you threw in a villain for him to fight this probably has the best Superman movie story we have gotten to date.

With the film opening with him being gone for a 5 years (I believe) and exploring space looking for the "reported remains of Krypton" This film would have been perfect for Braniac as the villain. It was meant for it with the opening alone..... unfortunately, that was not the case. More Lex Luthor, a great portrayal by Kevin Spacey, but yet just more of what we've already seen.
I could have went without the "Superboy" subplot as well but it didnt break it for me.

With the film opening with him being gone for a 5 years (I believe) and exploring space looking for the "reported remains of Krypton" This film would have been perfect for Braniac as the villain. It was meant for it with the opening alone..... unfortunately, that was not the case. More Lex Luthor, a great portrayal by Kevin Spacey, but yet just more of what we've already seen.
I could have went without the "Superboy" subplot as well but it didnt break it for me.
Braniac was meant for the sequel. I always thought they should've done Metallo for this movie and then went on from there. He would've fit right in for the whole island thing.

If anyone has a link to the fan edit Superman Restored, please PM. I’d love to see it but I’m having trouble finding a link.

thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"