BvS Superman's power level? (SPOILERS )

hurley711

Civilian
Reaction score
I know Snyder has made it known that this isn't an all powerful Silver Age Superman and I enjoy that aspect but I would love to hear people's opinion on Supes strength level in BvS and going forward.

Obviously he was quite affected by breathing in the Kryptonite gas but he was able to regain his strength pretty quickly until a 2nd bomb did him in again. It seemed to render him absolutely powerless, then able to defend himself at a mere mortal level where Batman beat him up pretty good then within a moment he had full power back until Bats shot the 2nd bomb.

They showed brief scenes with him flying with the tip of the rocket and then dragging a huge freighter over his shoulder.

The Doomsday fight. Seemed pretty clear that Doomsday was much stronger initially? Supes got in a few punches but that seemed to more irritate Doomsday and he ended up tossing Supes around like a ragdoll around the statue scene. Which brought us to...

The fly into space scene where he got hit with the nuke. Obvious homage to the comics with him turning white/face pretty fractured it seemed until the sun helped him regenerate. Also Doomsday survived and they acknowledged in the film it most likely made him stronger. In that scene I couldn't tell if Superman didn't fully recover from the sun bath ....did he recover just enough to rejoin the fight?

To me he seemed a little more depowered than I would have liked. WW seemed to handle Doomsday better. I'm concerned with how he can handle a big baddy on his own. Or what he can do against a Darkseid considering Doomsday beat on him pretty good.

I think his power level has been pretty high actually. He's impervious to anything conventional, but other super-powered beings require a bit more effort. I've also noticed there's been a progression throughout the movie, when he's wandering around in MoS he's clearly obscenely strong, but not nearly as strong as he is when he manages to bolt through the World Engine.

In BvS though
I'd say this Doomsday was stronger than any of the animation or comic iterations, in addition to there probably being residual effects from the kryptonite gas from not too long before he engages Doomsday.

Hard for me to call either way. If you write him too strong, it's hard to make a compelling story. He's basically God at that level. Write him too weak, and he's boring.

I was fine with his power in this movie.

The Kryptonite/nuke clearly had him weaker than peak while Doomsday kept getting stronger. Superman has no limits as long as he keeps pushing them, but he doesn't feel the need to. I would like for a sundip to power him up offensively rather than just healing him next time.

I got it like this:
-Nuke made Doomsday A LOT more powerful;
-Superman recovered by sun and was at his prime, but Doomsday was a lot stronger at that point;
-Superman couldn't outblast him with heat vision after that;
-Diana had tools to fight Doomsday, that's why she was more effective;
-Kryptonite spear made Superman significantly weaker, so Doomsday was able to penetrate his chest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"