Justice League Next version of Superman needs to be powered down...a lot!!!

DC fans are the worst. We spend decades begging to give us a real Superman fist fight. Now that we actually have a Superman who can fight, and fly, and lift, and sprint.. and now, it's too much.

As far as I can tell, Superman is an exceptionally difficult character to work with. Too nice, not nice enough, too boy scout, not boy scout enough, not enough smiles, too many smiles, too happy, too sad, not heroic enough, not hopeful enough, must be this strong, no, not that strong. Give me a break.

QFT, there's always someone not happy with the way Superman is portrayed. I have accepted many versions as long as he's not portrayed as dumb or unintelligent like he was in Smallville. I think the Steppenwolf fight could have just been longer and had him fighting back more; as it was it made him look weaker than he should be.

Superman's greatest strength is his ability to inspire others to want to be good people. I'd say Zack Snyder's version is considerably underpowered. He's just a puncher. Not that much different from the movie version of Steppenwolf really when you think about it.

I agree he's a puncher/brawler and that's something I didn't like and was tired of it after MoS. But I remember him being the puncher/muscle in some JL episodes.

I agree he's a puncher/brawler and that's something I didn't like and was tired of it after MoS. But I remember him being the puncher/muscle in some JL episodes.

To be fair, MOS would have been the first time Superman would have ever been in a fight. BvS would have been the first time he ever fought a human, a human who actually had a gas weapon that could kill him. This is not the more experienced Superman who has had many opportunities to fight powerful and smart foes and use his array of powers creatively.

I'm really tired of this "more experienced" rhetoric. I've been hearing it for 4yrs and I'm personally over it. This isn't the comic books or a TV show; I'm ready to just focus on one movie at a time and not worry about experience levels based on what might happen in the future; especially when this "experience growth" isn't depicted in the films. We technically only saw it once in the MoS Smallville fight, but it's never come up again except in fan interpretations.

I'm really tired of this "more experienced" rhetoric. I've been hearing it for 4yrs and I'm personally over it. This isn't the comic books or a TV show; I'm ready to just focus on one movie at a time and not worry about experience levels based on what might happen in the future; especially when this "experience growth" isn't depicted in the films. We technically only saw it once in the MoS Smallville fight, but it's never come up again except in fan interpretations.

I'm not sure whom you are replying to or what you are trying to say.

I dont think he is underpowered.

Would like to see frost breath.

Cyborg could make "red sun" light to weaken him for long time,
Make a curved mirror to reflect heat beams from his eyes.

Batman could have kryptonite Brass knuckles in batshape and a batsympol that grows green like cryptonite or red like crypton suns. Blinding him with light granade and using ultra sound of his bat symbol like black canary does.

Wonderwoman is on similar power level, would rather see how she reflects his heat beam with braceless and how he frees himself from her lasso. Or how she negates his flight with that brace slap of her.

If Flash would use his powers properly he could rip his heart out easy or send him back or forwards in time.
If using arms to do tornado he could send back supermans frost breath.
Walk through him when moving very fast or avoid his hits when in place and using right body frequency and let him hit water or something. Extreem speed avoiding his laser sight.

Aquaman could drown him with a water bubble and use that trident to do lighting or stab and hurt him.

To battle Superman there is a need of templay of the Justice League.

Hope Luthor or someone uses that blue cryptonite or a colar to control him next time and they give us such a battle.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"