Supernatural: Tribes - The CW Trying Out SPN Spinoff

Character Details

ENNIS ROTH | The de-facto star of the potential series, Ennis is “likeable, strong-willed, resolute, with a strong sense of justice.” He’s the son of a cop who grew up in poverty. He’s en route to the police academy himself when someone he is close to is murdered — presumably by some kind of monster. He meets up with Sam and Dean and “learns the staggering truth” that Chicago is run by five families of monsters (including, but perhaps not limited to, werewolves and shape shifters). And with that, a new monster-hunter is born. Fun fact: Producers are looking to fill this role with an African-American actor in his early 20s.

DAVID HAYDEN | A shape-shifter from one of Chicago’s ruling monster families. He’s been living as a human for some time, but a tragedy propels him back into the life. David is in his early 20s.

MARGO HAYDEN | David’s “professional, strong-willed, determined, ambitious” shape-shifter sister. She’s an “ex-punk rocker gone corporate” who sets out to be the new head of the family in the wake of a tragedy. Margo is in her early 20s.

VIOLET DURANT | A werewolf and part of the wealthy, powerful Durant family. In a twist right out of West Side Story, the early-twentysomething is hot for family rival David (see above), but their love is forbidden.

JULIAN DURANT | Violet’s “savagely handsome, strong, arrogant” twentysomething brother and Ennis’ arch nemesis.

FREDDIE COSTA | A world-weary copy in his 30s, Freddie has a soft spot in his heart for Ennis (he knew his dad back in the day). Fun fact: Eddie’s got a secret.

All in their early twenties exccept the cop who is in his thirties and yet knew the lead character's father... It's not surprising they casted so young although I wish they'd have scattered a few older "veteran/seasoned" characters in there.

Although I do think they deserve credit for going for a black male lead in the Ennis.

Yeah the lack of age diversity is kind of annoying. I'm hoping that's not entirely accurate. I mean, yeah, Sam and Dean were both twenty-somethings when things kicked off, but so many of the great supporting characters over the years haven't been that young.

Throw some adults in there, for God's sake.

So it's Romeo & Juliet with monsters & 5 feuding families instead of 2?

Werewolves & shape-shifters are confirmed for two families. Vamps & witches to make up 2 of the other 3 families? I hope there isn't a ghost or demon family. It should be clowns. Evil clowns.

I can't see ghosts being a family. Demons seem equally unlikely but not impossible.

Zombies, wendigo, mermaid/man, leviathan, and fairies also are out I'm fairly certain.

Revenants are a possibility. We've seen them encountered before. I'm not thinking of any other monsters prominent enough to be considered unless they go with something new. There are some I can't think of off the top of my head but they'll want something more than a monster of the week we've seen come and go without another word about.

Oh, yeah, there's no way Leviathans are in on this. The whole five families angle makes me think it's been a long-standing thing, I can't imagine one of those families being a species that only came into existence on this earth, like, three years before the start of the series.

Leviathans were on the Earth long ago but then God put them all in purgatory and supposedly none came out again before three years ago. I also doubt they'd be willing to share power either.

Jefferson Starships?

[YT]KoQTFQe0wTE[/YT]

Leviathans were on the Earth long ago but then God put them all in purgatory and supposedly none came out again before three years ago. I also doubt they'd be willing to share power either.

Well, you know what I mean. Virtually no character but Death had any awareness of the Leviathans ever actually being a real thing. I assume that goes for monsters as well.

What if the 5th family is a family of Gods? Greek? Norse? Or something...

Reading the character descriptions lowered my expectations for this show. It made me more certain that this show will be more about drama bs than hunting and dealing with monsters.

I also don't buy the idea that there could be five families of monsters who run Chicago since you'd think that hunters would have taken them down if they are that well known.

I´m also not thrilled with monsters that have been shown to be solitary creatures all of a sudden become group types. Haven't all shape shifters on the show been loners?

All the shapeshifters we've seen on the show =/= ALL the shapeshifters

What if the 5th family is a family of Gods? Greek? Norse? Or something...

Possible but I think most of them got the axe during that big meeting at the hotel a few years back.

My guesses are vampires, skinwalkers, 5th family could either sirens, vetalas, or wraiths.

rename freddie and get matt davis to play him.

I don't see angels and demons/Heaven and Hell being a big part of this show, but do you think Purgatory could get some play since the main focus seems to be monsters?

I love how the "world weary cop" is in his 30s...

rename freddie and get matt davis to play him.

that guy had his chance to lead in Cult with Jessica Lucas. Hmm... rename Denis Roth & get Jessica Lucas to play her. :hubba

Jessica Lucas needs to be Iris in the new Flash tv series.

Saw on twitter than the spinoff will spend a few days filming in Chicago next month.

5 families. Almost everyone in their 20's. A secret forbidden love with werewolf's and shape shifters. Not the mention that I'm almost certain that one of those families will be vampires. Can anyone else see the similarities to Vampire Diaries... Their going to make a sappy drama and totally ruin the SPN universe. All we need is another Twilight story line to entertain the masses.

If they stick to basics and have the same atmosphere as SPN than we may have a glimmer of hope in a show worthy to be called a spin-off, but I doubt they will have that x files "essence" to the show and over time it will pretty much become another teeny drama.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/supernatural-spinoff-tribes-nathaniel-buzolic-lucien-laviscount-cw/
Nathaniel Buzolic & Lucien Laviscount Land The Leads In CW’s ‘Supernatural’ Spinoff
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

Aussie Nathaniel Buzolic and Brit Lucien Laviscount have landed the leads in Supernatural: Tribes, the planted Supernatural spinoff, which will air as an episode of the veteran sci-fi series on April 29. The choices blend the CW‘s strategies of casting standout players from its existing series as pilot leads, which is the case with Buzolic, a recurring on The Vampire Diaries and guest star on offshoot The Originals in his role as Kol, as well as bringing completely new faces, like Laviscount, whose only U.S. credit is an arc on the BBC/Showtime comedy Episodes. Other recent examples include Arrow star Stephen Amell, who first appeared on TVD, and the star of last year’s The Selection pilot, Yael Groblas, who had no previous U.S. credits. Buzolic and Laviscount also continue the trend of overseas actors getting pilot leads this season.

Written by Andrew Dabb and directed by Robert Singer, Supernatural: Tribes is described as a sweeping drama about the various mafia-esque monster families that unknowingly to humans “run” the underbelly of Chicago and who are being tracked by a newly minted Hunter who’s trying to stop them and rid Chicago of anything or anyone supernatural. Buzolic plays David Hayden, a shapeshifter from one of Chicago’s ruling monster families; he has been living as a human, having given up the monster life years ago. Laviscount plays Ennis Roth. When his fiancée is killed in the crossfire of the monster war, the resolute police academy trainee learns the truth about what lurks in the shadows and becomes a monster-hunter himself.
Oh Gaaaaaawd. They cast Kol. The TVD fangirls must be lighting twitter and tumblr on fire right about now.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/supernatural-spinoff-tribes-nathaniel-buzolic-lucien-laviscount-cw/

Oh Gaaaaaawd. They cast Kol. The TVD fangirls must be lighting twitter and tumblr on fire right about now.

Annnndddd there went my interest. This is gonna be typical CW fangirl boo****. I really hope they dont tie this series into tightly with Supernatural so that I can avoid this thing altogether.

Also does it worry anyone else that the showrunners of this Tribes show may effect the story in Supernatural? I really dont want Supernatural having to work around the dumb crap the showrunners of Tribes come up with.

Why would a series that's been around for almost a decade have to "work around" it's spinoff?

And you're delusional if you think this casting is any different than Jensen and Jared being cast back in '05.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"