Supes Power level.

About his power level, it may be kinda cheesy, but I was thinking that for the teaser have a voiceover speaking while we see superman out running a bullet, stopping a train, and straight up jumping to the top of a skyscraper.

Of course the voiceover would be faster than a speeding bullet, etc etc, you know the rest.

The coolest thing about Superman as a character, is that with all his powers, he could rule the Earth as a tyrant if he chose to. But because he loves humanity, he protects rather than abuses them.
I’d say this is the distinguishing characteristic of Superman’s morality — indeed, of his moral superiority. There much truth in the adage that “power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.” Yet, Supes utterly defies that adage.

Some folks get fixated on various other ethical questions. Especially the “no kill code.” But those are all debatable and/or context dependant. Whereas, never being corrupted by absolute power has been a constant throughout Superman’s existence.

About his power level, it may be kinda cheesy, but I was thinking that for the teaser have a voiceover speaking while we see superman out running a bullet, stopping a train, and straight up jumping to the top of a skyscraper.

Of course the voiceover would be faster than a speeding bullet, etc etc, you know the rest.
I am half expecting a voice over for the trailer.

I’d say this is the distinguishing characteristic of Superman’s morality — indeed, of his moral superiority. There much truth in the adage that “power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.” Yet, Supes utterly defies that adage.

Some folks get fixated on various other ethical questions. Especially the “no kill code.” But those are all debatable and/or context dependant. Whereas, never being corrupted by absolute power has been a constant throughout Superman’s existence.
I don’t think that with Superman that you can differentiate his care, humility and morality from his refusal to take life. They are all part of his character. Some folks may not like Superman’s respect for life, but that’s on the reader/viewer. At his core, Superman as a character doesn’t kill. That’s not a fixation of the audience. That’s the character. Like it or not.

I want to see him have to move something that really makes him strain, like beads of sweat popping out on his forehead level of straining.
Perhaps an asteroid or some giant alien ship or something.

I want to see him have to move something that really makes him strain, like beads of sweat popping out on his forehead level of straining.
Perhaps an asteroid or some giant alien ship or something.
For some reason, this makes me picture Superman being constipated.

Does that make me immature?

I don’t think that with Superman that you can differentiate his care, humility and morality from his refusal to take life. They are all part of his character. Some folks may not like Superman’s respect for life, but that’s on the reader/viewer. At his core, Superman as a character doesn’t kill. That’s not a fixation of the audience. That’s the character. Like it or not.
Fair to say that the famous “no kill code” is morally tricky. Indeed, it’s probably more coherent as a rule for writers: “never put Superman in a situation where killing might be morally justified.” And for this reason, I don’t think “the code” fundamentally defines the character.

Whereas… Superman being uncorrupted by omnipotence strikes me as more intrinsic.

Fair to say that the famous “no kill code” is morally tricky. Indeed, it’s probably more coherent as a rule for writers: “never put Superman in a situation where killing might be morally justified.” And for this reason, I don’t think “the code” fundamentally defines the character.

Whereas… Superman being uncorrupted by omnipotence strikes me as more intrinsic.
I kind of understand what you're saying, but overall I disagree.

I think Clark not killing IS intrinsic to his character.

He may not overtly verbally confirm 'I have a code that says I don't kill' as much as Batman, but that's because the respect for and valuation of all life he feels, is such a core part of him, it almost doesn't need to be verbalised as a stated rule in the same way... its just who he is.

Batman has to draw a hard line in the sand, and reinforce that a lot, because crossing that line is often tempting/would seem justified.

For Clark, it's not tempting to kill because he's naturally averse to it. It is intrinsic.

I think with Clark it also comes with him being aware of how easy it would be to even accidentally kill someone for him. His life is one of restraint, it has to be. He can't let his anger get the better of him or get too carried away when using his powers, because ONE slip up could all-too-easily result in a loss of life. And the moment that happens, he has become the scary alien menace he's spent his life proving to humanity he'd never be. For him, it's about being worthy of humanity's trust.

Clark had a great speech in S&L about this:

Batman's code is a whole other thing.

I think with Clark it also comes with him being aware of how easy it would be to even accidentally kill someone for him. His life is one of restraint, it has to be. He can't let his anger get the better of him or get too carried away when using his powers, because ONE slip up could all-too-easily result in a loss of life. And the moment that happens, he has become the scary alien menace he's spent his life proving to humanity he'd never be. For him, it's about being worthy of humanity's trust.

Clark had a great speech in S&L about this:

Batman's code is a whole other thing.

100% agreed, and I love that scene.

Personally I prefer him to be hugely powerful. Superman is THE superhero and when he shows up it should be a game changer, even for the Justice League.

As others have said, making him mega powerful also creates some good drama. What did Batman say in I think it was 'For Tomorrow?' 'You could crack the planet with a punch,' but the fact that he chooses not too and to be a force for good instead is what makes him Super.

I'm in between on his power level.
Not planet moving strong, but able to bench press an aircraft carrier or cruise ship.

I’d love to have a scene or sequence where we see Superman working out somehow, like Mr. Incredible. Maybe circling the planet 1000 times as the equivalent of a light jog

I’d love to have a scene or sequence where we see Superman working out somehow, like Mr. Incredible. Maybe circling the planet 1000 times as the equivalent of a light jog
That would be cool. And to see him out in the desert somewhere, lifting 10k ton boulders for a lite workout. ( not that he needs to workout )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"