Swamp Thing support

str8raz0r said:
Plus, if they were smart, they'd hire David Cronenberg to direct. Cronenberg can balance the disgusting aspects of a monstrous character with some solid, introspective moments. Check out his earlier horror efforts, and you'll see a man who knows how to make us squirm with bio-horror, such as Seth Brundle's degradation into Brundlefly. Check out later stuff (especially the vastly underrated Spider), and you'll see that he can show characters that are tortured mentally and emotionally.

Thank you! I can't believe it took this long for his name to come up. Cronenberg is the only man who could make this movie the way it has to be made: at once horrific, and philisophical. I really want a Swamp Thing in the style of Alan Moore: the plant that thinks it's human. It could be brilliant.

And another. I so want to see a new Swamp Thing movie. Thank you guys for this thread!

Here's to hoping that powers that be visit here & read this.

Swamp Thing would rock if done with todays effects!

Sandman138 said:
Thank you! I can't believe it took this long for his name to come up. Cronenberg is the only man who could make this movie the way it has to be made: at once horrific, and philisophical. I really want a Swamp Thing in the style of Alan Moore: the plant that thinks it's human. It could be brilliant.

Cronenberg would be awesome. You know who'd be interesting? Alfonso Cuarón. I bet he could really imbue Swamp Thing with some really emotional pathos.

Peyton Westlake said:
Here's to hoping that powers that be visit here & read this.

Amen to that.

I really do like the idea of Cronenberg directing a revamped Swamp Thing film. I'm not sure if WB would consider whatever Cronenberg's vision (whatever that may be if he would even be interested in helming the project) to be something that could be translated as something commercially successful, but I believe he is definately a director that can both make a truly unique Swamp Thing movie, and one that truly memorable as well. :up:

I think Swamp Thing, more then Flash or WW, has more chance of grabbing an audience.

Peyton Westlake said:
I think Swamp Thing, more then Flash or WW, has more chance of grabbing an audience.
I don't know . . . I love Swampy but I love Flash too . . . I like WW but not so much. I do, however, haveb great admiration for Whedon's stroy telling and character development. That is due to Astonishing X-Men and Firefly. Firefy was a great show . . . one of my favorites.

Well if you think about it, Swamp Thing has many elements it can draw from to create a good audience. It its written well, it can build on a strong horror type plot for horror buffs, have some special effects for the masses, and its own fans from the comics.

Well people, there is one thing you have to realize that this is WB and Hollywood and you to think there logic. They would probably get some fresh or recent director that has horror on his plate, not someone 10 to 20 years ago. Now here is thought no one has thought, Francis Lawrence who did Constantine.

Depends if you want go back to the original Len Wein and Berni Wrightson version of Swamp Thing which is a man transformed into a plant and becomes misunderstood hero fighting various bizarre monsters, then I'll pass, but if you want make an adaption based on Alan Moore take of the character, that'd be awesome :up:

I would love it if they would do a Swamp Thing movie! It would great!!!

tecnowraith said:
Well people, there is one thing you have to realize that this is WB and Hollywood and you to think there logic. They would probably get some fresh or recent director that has horror on his plate, not someone 10 to 20 years ago. Now here is thought no one has thought, Francis Lawrence who did Constantine.

The reason nobody's thought of him is because Constantine was terrible and we don't want to screw up another of Moore's works.

Peyton Westlake said:
Well if you think about it, Swamp Thing has many elements it can draw from to create a good audience. It its written well, it can build on a strong horror type plot for horror buffs, have some special effects for the masses, and its own fans from the comics.
Agreed! I've always found Swamp Thing very intriguing. He's got a great story.

Movies205 said:
Depends if you want go back to the original Len Wein and Berni Wrightson version of Swamp Thing which is a man transformed into a plant and becomes misunderstood hero fighting various bizarre monsters, then I'll pass, but if you want make an adaption based on Alan Moore take of the character, that'd be awesome :up:

agreed. moore's work has almost infinite possibilities.

batbat_29640 said:
Agreed! I've always found Swamp Thing very intriguing. He's got a great story.

Thanx for the vote of confidence.

I would love to see a big budget movie featuring The Swamp Thing.
David Cronenberg has another vote!

Another director I thought of, who did a cult fave movie of mine is Stuart Gordon. He directed the Re-Animator. He would be another choice of mine.

Croenburg is great, but it might be a bit too inspired since The Fly tackles very similar themes, but then again, it'd be ****ing awesome so I say bring it on...

I don't know about a Swamp Thing movie but I think a Toxic Avenger movie would rock.

jrpstarwars said:
I don't know about a Swamp Thing movie but I think a Toxic Avenger movie would rock.

Well, I think Toxic Avenger is not even B-List , its more C-List on a Hollywood scale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"