Taken... Again

DarKJediKnight

Civilian
Reaction score
http://www.craveonline.com/entertainment/film/article/liam-neeson-signs-up-for-taken-2-126299

Liam Neeson Signs Up for 'Taken 2'

This time Liam Neeson is kidnapped, only to be saved by a badass Maggie Grace. Nah... Probably not. That's pretty stupid.
by William Bibbiani

Not long ago, Crave Online received the following, simple e-mail:
Hi there,

Please please please suggest a taken 2 to the movie people as i loves that film.

Thanks [name withheld]

Our response: "Yeah, sure. We'll get right on that." And whaddaya know? It worked.
Liam Neeson has just signed on to reprise his role in Taken 2, the sequel to the hit 2009 action-thriller (and this critic's perhaps-controversial choice for the best film of that year). Original Taken writers Luc Besson and Robert Mark Kamen have reunited to pen the sequel, in which someone else will presumably get taken. It's that or not calling it Taken 2, after all.
The sequel was being prepped as early as last November, but Liam Neeson wasn't eager to reprise his role as a former CIA officer and absentee father eager to make up for lost time. He didn't officially sign on until today, forcing producer Besson to seek alternate casting possibilities. According to the article at Deadline, Taken 2 could have starred The Wrestler's Mickey Rourke, The Patriot's Jason Isaacs, Harry Potter's Ralph Fiennes, Black Death's Sean Bean or Sexy Beast's Ray Winstone, but that's a moot point now. Liam Neeson is back... eventually.
Yes, it seems that the reason for Neeson's reticence was that he wanted to go on vacation, damn it. He's a busy guy, having spent the last year or so working non-stop on such films as Joe Carnahan's The Grey, Battleship for Peter Berg and the upcoming Clash of the Titans 2. He wanted some time off, and Besson has decided to give it to him. Production on Taken 2 will begin in late 2011 or perhaps even early 2012, a timetable we're not exactly taken with. No... No rimshot, please. That's just how we feel about it.
Crave Online will return with more reader requests as soon as we magically fulfill them. You're welcome.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2011/03/17/taken-2-is-a-go-with-neeson/

I saw Taken as a one-off type of film but I don't mind watching Neeson kicking some ass again

I agree. Neeson = cool... but that movie doesnt need a sequel.

Unknown could have very easily been Taken 2. But instead it was Liam Neesons version of Bourne & not only that but all 3 movies in one film

Neeson was pretty much the only decent thing in that movie.

I love Liam Neeson, and will watch a movie even if it sucks if he's in it. but it seems lately he has just been in alot of crap well below his belt.

How dare they tease us Taken with the amazing Sean Bean.

Im curious where this story will go because like another poster said, I really thought the first was a good stand alone film. In the sequel the only ideas I can see are:

- His daughter gets taken again (although it would be redundant).
- Another family member is taken.
- He's become a full blown hire for help person who goes after people who have been taken.
- He's taken and must fight his way out.
- He sees a story on tv like natalie holloway and instantly feels compelled to intervine.

I love Liam Neeson, and will watch a movie even if it sucks if he's in it. but it seems lately he has just been in alot of crap well below his belt.

Makes one wonder why the hell he involved himself in the film but I guess a pay cheque's a pay cheque.

Well, his wife died a few years ago, so he's probably been taking whatever comes his way in an effort to distract himself.

Taken doesn't need a sequel, per say. But the character Brian Mills was compelling and relatable enough that he can be expanded. Taken may have been a mindless, fun popcorn movie but there was something very unique about Mills. He was an unassuming, polite, middle aged man in the midst of a midlife crisis. He just also happened to be an absolutely bad ass trained killer. I feel like there are a lot of ways to further explore the character.

That said: I personally feel like they should change the title and maybe try something new with him being the only common link.

The sequel to Taken should be called Returned. :o

Still seeing this. Will watch anything with Liam Neeson in it.

Taken doesn't need a sequel, per say. But the character Brian Mills was compelling and relatable enough that he can be expanded. Taken may have been a mindless, fun popcorn movie but there was something very unique about Mills. He was an unassuming, polite, middle aged man in the midst of a midlife crisis. He just also happened to be an absolutely bad ass trained killer. I feel like there are a lot of ways to further explore the character.

That said: I personally feel like they should change the title and maybe try something new with him being the only common link.

Pretty much how I feel about the whole thing too. Mills was an awesome character and his team was pretty cool too (though you didn't see much of them). I'd like to see them get called up to go on a mission or something. It would be okay if it was another kidnapping of some sort (someone important, like a political or military official); I just hope they don't do the exact same thing again.

Just rename it Liam Neeson Is a Badass.

lol, yeah... I wish they would give movies titles like that. For example, I would go see that Priest movie in theaters if it was called Paul Bettany With a Cross On His Head.

Seriously, I would.

Im curious where this story will go because like another poster said, I really thought the first was a good stand alone film. In the sequel the only ideas I can see are:

[...]
- He's become a full blown hire for help person who goes after people who have been taken.

Yeah, I think that is the best thing to do with a sequel, I just saw the first one the other week when it premiered on tv and thought it was a blast.
It will be difficult for it to be as full on relentless as the first one I think, and that was what was so good about that one. But, they can go at it from different angles, he was friends with other ex-agents iirc, so maybe have them invloved A-Team style.
And you could have it, that he is hired to go after one woman, but then decides, fug it, let's blow the roof off of this thing on a larger scale since the authorities don't seem to be doing much about it.

Hell, Dolph Lungdren directed and starred in a movie called "Dolph Lungdren Is The Killing"!!! (it's actally "The Killing Machine", but the first title is what came up on my Comcast info!)

Doesn't seem like a sequel is really necessary ... but I'll definitely check it out. I love Taken and will be there opening night of a sequel.

They should do a Super Spy Team up movie

Daniel Craig as James Bond
Tom Cruise as Ethan Hunt
Matt Damon as Jason Bourne
Liam Neeson as Bryan Mills
Angelina Jolie as Salt

All in one movie imagine that

Personally, I thought they should've cast Sean Bean and have a brand new story with new characters and settings, but because it is Liam Neeson I'd watch just about any movie he's in. Maybe they can have another plot where a beautiful young lady is kidnapped and Neeson has to save her, instead of an old hag or his former war buddy. But this time, I hope Fox won't be so stupid to release the tuned-down version of this movie; I still want to see the R-rated Taken that was released in Europe and elsewhere.

Gonna join everyone else and say 'huh?'. I liked Taken but I honestly don't see how a sequel will work unless they're just going to make a whole franchise of Neeson rescuing people over and over again, but man that'd get old fast. It isn't like a TV show or book series or whatever where you can have whole segments about back story to break it up. Unless they're planning on making a prequel too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"