Talledega Nights... (SM3 teaser?)

Menthol

Civilian
Reaction score
Hi people, I don't post much on here but read everything quite often. I posted today to ask if everyone is looking forward to the new Will Ferrell movie "Talledega Nights". It's a sports comedy about NASCAR. ANyway I heard a rumor that in the previews to this flick we would get to see the SM3 teaser trailer. Does anyone have anymore info on this. I apologize if this is old news or false, cuz really I have no idea myself. Just wondering if anyone else heard that... or am I going insane? :O

We have a wonderful FAQ thread sitting right at the top of this forum. Please use it. It is your friend, and it might be able to help you.

oops! So sorry to waste your time. Thanks tho. I'll stick to what I do best and just READ this board

i can't wait for the teaser but yelledega nights looks dumb.

they should tie it to a more popualr film.

I guess they figure all the fan boys will go see the movie just for the trailer and Sony gets the box office sales. GOod marketing strategy. Plus people out their do love Will Ferrell.

your thoughts serve you well young jedi

E.Brock said:
your thoughts serve you well young jedi

and your ripped muscles serve you well :eek:

man e.brock, where you been. glad your back from your mini-absence :)

Menthol said:
oops! So sorry to waste your time. Thanks tho. I'll stick to what I do best and just READ this board

you need to be careful at what threads you post. you could get beat up pretty quickly in this lions den. most people here are above a black belt.lol!:)

Menthol said:

Don't be discouraged to post... we were all noobs at some point... but fresh ideas are needed even from noobs every now and then...

The Riddler said:
i can't wait for the teaser but yelledega nights looks dumb.

they should tie it to a more popualr film.

To have the teaser with Superman would make more sense, and Pirates wouldn´t be a bad idea either. One of thoose two movies should be the most seen movies this summer.

CRASHNBURN12198 said:
you need to be careful at what threads you post. you could get beat up pretty quickly in this lions den. most people here are above a black belt.lol!:)

It's cool. I trained 6 years under water, with Navy Seals to perfect my skills. I think I can handle most. :D Thanks tho!

Anyway yeah, Pirates I think would be a much better flick to put the trailer in front of. But you know any Ferrell movie is going to draw.

So what does everybody think it will be like? Probably this bank truck/chase scene we keep hearing (and see pix) about between Spidey and Sandman?

I hope it either start with a clip from part 2

harry with the blade, surprised to see Peter under the mask
"Peter.... you killed my father"
"there are bigger things happening here than just me and you" (forget exactly how it goes)

or a new scene from 3 with dialogue (like the 2 teaser)
followed by quick clips of the movie

Reikowolf said:
I hope it either start with a clip from part 2

harry with the blade, surprised to see Peter under the mask
"Peter.... you killed my father"

or a new scene from 3 with dialogue (like the 2 teaser)
followed by quick clips of the movie

they'll definitely show spider-man in his regular costume and they'll show sandman.

i doubt they'll show the black spidey costume, although i'm hoping for it.

and as far as harry, they will show him definitely, but i want his dialogue to be evil and sinister.

Sean Adisano said:
they'll definitely show spider-man in his regular costume and they'll show sandman.

i doubt they'll show the black spidey costume, although i'm hoping for it.

and as far as harry, they will show him definitely, but i want his dialogue to be evil and sinister.

This is a teaser so I doubt that they will show that much. What is the average lenght of a teaser? 40 seconds or something like that? So I doubt we will get much dialogue, usually in teasers we see action shots and some sort of narration telling us vaguely what the story will be like. Like Brando in the Superman Returns teaser, Captain Davy Jones in the Pirates II teaser or Obi Wan in the Episode III teaser. Teaser are always short on dialogue, usually it´s just one liners and screaming.
They can have Harry do a narration, that would be pretty cool - "I was a friend of Peter until I found out his secret" or something like that.

My money is on that we see some webslinging, some Harry and some Sandman and that they save the black suit for the full length trailer.

el brujo138 said:
This is a teaser so I doubt that they will show that much. What is the average lenght of a teaser? 40 seconds or something like that? So I doubt we will get much dialogue, usually in teasers we see action shots and some sort of narration telling us vaguely what the story will be like. Like Brando in the Superman Returns teaser, Captain Davy Jones in the Pirates II teaser or Obi Wan in the Episode III teaser. Teaser are always short on dialogue, usually it´s just one liners and screaming.
They can have Harry do a narration, that would be pretty cool - "I was a friend of Peter until I found out his secret" or something like that.

My money is on that we see some webslinging, some Harry and some Sandman and that they save the black suit for the full length trailer.

well thats what i was getting at. i didn't put my thought out perfectly, but have spidey in his reg. suite swinging around, then have a clip or 2 of sandman, and show harry with background dialogue from him. 1-2-3 teaser trailer.

Sean Adisano said:
well thats what i was getting at. i didn't put my thought out perfectly, but have spidey in his reg. suite swinging around, then have a clip or 2 of sandman, and show harry with background dialogue from him. 1-2-3 teaser trailer.

Ok, yeah that´s what I think too.

I don´t remember the Spider-Man 2 teaser, did the movie have a teaser? Maybe we can make some educated guesses based on how the previous teasers looked. The first one had the web catching the helicopter between the World Trade Center buildings, but I can´t for the life of me remember the teaser for the second movie. Anyone?

el brujo138 said:
Ok, yeah that´s what I think too.

I don´t remember the Spider-Man 2 teaser, did the movie have a teaser? Maybe we can make some educated guesses based on how the previous teasers looked. The first one had the web catching the helicopter between the World Trade Center buildings, but I can´t for the life of me remember the teaser for the second movie. Anyone?

2nd began with peter and m.j in the coffee shop, and she ask if he loves her, he says no, and she ask him to kiss her, she leans over, his spider sense goes off, car comes through window and doc ock shows up...then a few swinging scenes and ock climbing a wall...

thats basically what it was

Sean Adisano said:
2nd began with peter and m.j in the coffee shop, and she ask if he loves her, he says no, and she ask him to kiss her, she leans over, his spider sense goes off, car comes through window and doc ock shows up...then a few swinging scenes and ock climbing a wall...

thats basically what it was

Well the second movie was about Spider-Man getting in the way of Peters life so the teaser makes sense. Peter is having an important conversation that gets interupted by his Spider-Man life.

So what is the third movie about? Harry seeking revenge? Then the teaser should feature clips of Peter and Harry talking and showing their friendship breaking down and finally turning into hate.

el brujo138 said:
Well the second movie was about Spider-Man getting in the way of Peters life so the teaser makes sense. Peter is having an important conversation that gets interupted by his Spider-Man life.

So what is the third movie about? Harry seeking revenge? Then the teaser should feature clips of Peter and Harry talking and showing their friendship breaking down and finally turning into hate.

sounds about right

el brujo138 said:
To have the teaser with Superman would make more sense, and Pirates wouldn´t be a bad idea either. One of thoose two movies should be the most seen movies this summer.

YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS. :confused:

As long as it shows Grace as Brock in some way I'll be happy. No Venom of course but just shows a quick shot of his face with like an evil grin or something. Or maybe even messing with MJ or Peter. Other than that an @$$ load of webslinging and shots of Peter being worried about whatever he's worried about in this one. It should end with a quick shot of GG and a long cackle (But in Harry's voice!). :gg:

By the way wasn't the teaser for 2 a bunch of shots of Doc Ock building his SUN machine, Pete looking depressed and tired, and Aunt May doing the Narration?

Menthol said:
As long as it shows Grace as Brock in some way I'll be happy. No Venom of course but just shows a quick shot of his face with like an evil grin or something. Or maybe even messing with MJ or Peter. Other than that an @$$ load of webslinging and shots of Peter being worried about whatever he's worried about in this one. It should end with a quick shot of GG and a long cackle (But in Harry's voice!). :gg:

By the way wasn't the teaser for 2 a bunch of shots of Doc Ock building his SUN machine, Pete looking depressed and tired, and Aunt May doing the Narration?

those are in the official trailer of spidey 2, not the teaser.

Sean Adisano said:
those are in the official trailer of spidey 2, not the teaser.

Yeah, I just thought of that right after I posted last. :rolleyes: Oh Me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"