SM3 Novel?

S

Sillabub

I searched the threads to make sure this wasn't previously discussed before I started a new thread (I know how much that's frowned upon), and couldn't find anything so . . .

Does anyone know when the novelization of Spider-Man 3 is coming out? And if so, is Peter David still the author? I hadn't heard anything about the release, and I heard a rumor that Peter David wasn't going to write the novels anymore . . . which would basically break my heart, I'm not gonna lie.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who reads the novels and loves them. It might just crush my spirit.

Sillabub said:
I searched the threads to make sure this wasn't previously discussed before I started a new thread (I know how much that's frowned upon), and couldn't find anything so . . .

Does anyone know when the novelization of Spider-Man 3 is coming out? And if so, is Peter David still the author? I hadn't heard anything about the release, and I heard a rumor that Peter David wasn't going to write the novels anymore . . . which would basically break my heart, I'm not gonna lie.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who reads the novels and loves them. It might just crush my spirit.
i think the spiderman3 novel will be around the same time like a month befor the movie comes out.

Well, I assumed so, but I wondered if anyone knew any details.

I too am sure there will be a SM 3 novel. :dry:

***redacted***

Last edited:
Ongie said:
What really gets me is that Sony is so ridiculously secretive about what they're doing at all times, failing to show us screenshots from video games, and busy keeping things hush-hush...

And then they go and release a novelization spelling out the entire plot a month before the film comes out just to make a few extra bucks from fans eager to see what happens pre-release.

Seriously... like Spider-Man 3 is REALLY going to need extra revenue.

I hope they release the book on the day of the film's release.

This is true, however . . . I am just one of those fans eager to see what happens pre-release. Call me an over-eager dork, but you know, a rose by any other name . . . :woot:

I hope sm3 gets a novilisation - can't say I read number 2 but number 1 was great, and it showed me that spidey is such a cool character that he can fit in any media - bong.

I'm going to buy the book before the movie comes out and I'm going to ruin it for you people who want to be spoiled like crazy.

There will be a novel for SM3.

I can guarantee it.

I ruined X3 by reading SHH! for a year and reading the novel. Spidey 3 is NO DIFFERENT!

X3 was ruined the night before it came out. I was on SHH.

GhostRider5006 said:
X3 was ruined the night before it came out. I was on SHH.

Correction: X3 was ruined the day the scripts and costume designs were approved.

I am pretty sure Peter David is writing it, Newsarama had an interview with some ppl a while ago, and he opted to sit out b/c he was doing the novelization.

eggyman said:
I hope sm3 gets a novilisation - can't say I read number 2 but number 1 was great, and it showed me that spidey is such a cool character that he can fit in any media - bong.
there will defenitley be a spiderman3 novel, im sure of it, its ganna be great.

you aren't the only one who likes movie novelizations sillabub

Yup Peter David wrote and he talked about it on his site.

August 15, 2006

Okay, that's done

Just finished the novelization for "Spider-Man 3." I have to admit, there's a certain sort of smug satisfaction seeing clips and trailers and knowing where all the scenes fit in to the overall story.

Will it be a great film? No idea. Anyone who knows anything about films will tell you that you can never judge what the final movie is going to be like based upon the script. I do know I like it better than the script for SM 2, and tons of people loved that film. So fingers crossed.

And don't even bother asking for details: I signed a non disclosure agreement, so that's that.

PAD
Source: http://peterdavid.malibulist.com/archives/004683.html

Its been released on March 27, 2007 an can be pre-orderd here already. Apparently its 320 pages long.
http://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-3-...=pd_bbs_1/104-5232330-0467966?ie=UTF8&s=books

3dman27 said:
you aren't the only one who likes movie novelizations sillabub

Oh, thank God. ^_^ So I'm not the only one who goes out and buys the novels the day they come out and read them within the day? Sweeeeeet.
God, I'm SO glad Peter David's still writing it (darned unreliable sources getting me all in a tizzy!). My heart is now happy.

the spiderman3 novilization is ganna be great, peter david does a great job at making the spiderman movies comic adaptions, its ganna be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"