Spider-Man 3:The Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spider-man game future:

Far fetched: 616 spidey game with like 50 alternate costumes, 2 alternate characters to play as, a working camera for Peter, MJ and other characters exist in the game world and don't just teleport in during missions, amazing gameplay that continues after beating the game...

Probable: Rushed/lazily made game with half of the things that quite obviously were going to be there, more of a focus on graphics/style than gameplay..

Actual Game: friend or Foe 2

I have Spider-Man 3 for the PS3 (CE) and PC (got for like ten bucks).
I finished them both.
The game has many flaws but I thought it was a lot of fun. The swinging parts were dead on.

I also loved Assasin's Creed.

Figures, I have completed SM3 and AC but still have much more to go in Halo3 and Gears of War (finally finished COD4 though).
I have SM3 for the PS3 aswell. I'm replaying right now to keep me busy while I wait for SM3 for the DS.

Spider-man game future:

Far fetched: 616 spidey game with like 50 alternate costumes, 2 alternate characters to play as, a working camera for Peter, MJ and other characters exist in the game world and don't just teleport in during missions, amazing gameplay that continues after beating the game...

Probable: Rushed/lazily made game with half of the things that quite obviously were going to be there, more of a focus on graphics/style than gameplay..

Actual Game: friend or Foe 2

Been a Spidey guy ALL my life but refused to buy Friend or foe just to show I wont go for it! Take that Activision.

Been a Spidey guy ALL my life but refused to buy Friend or foe just to show I wont go for it! Take that Activision.
Friend or Foe is underrated, it defenitley is a really fun game even though it's not the greatest Spidey game ever.

I have Spider-Man 3 for the PS3 (CE) and PC (got for like ten bucks).
I finished them both.
The game has many flaws but I thought it was a lot of fun. The swinging parts were dead on.

I agree with ya. I have it for PC and haven't played it all that much (since it takes up like 6 gigs of space) but from what I've mostly played (web swinging through the city and beating up punks) I found it to be pretty fun.

Next time I install it I'll try to start some missions. So far I'm not disappointed with the game but what I am disappointed with is how poorly optimized the PC version is.

Is the news about a new Spidey game this year true?

Wonder what it will be about? I hope it is a sequel to Ultimate Spiderman. That game was fun!!

so a new spidey game is coming.... hope this one will be better

i hope its like the old n64 spidey game. that kicked @$$.

I wonder what the new game will be about. Maybe it will focus on the classic comics.

Hey guys, Is anyone capable of ripping all the dialogue from this game? I'm going to attempt to make my own cut of the movie and I think if I had all that extra dialogue I could really make some interesting changes for the better. Is there anyone that can help me?

i hope its like the old n64 spidey game. that kicked @$$.
Have you played it again recently? I have. I still have my copy. Trust me, it's way overrated. It doesn't hold up well at all. More so after Spider-Man 2 was released. The swinging is terrible, the voice acting...ok. The fight engine TERRIBLE! The dialog, the worst in the history of man kind. People remember it fondly because we grew up with it. Trust me, it sucked.

Have you played it again recently? I have. I still have my copy. Trust me, it's way overrated. It doesn't hold up well at all. More so after Spider-Man 2 was released. The swinging is terrible, the voice acting...ok. The fight engine TERRIBLE! The dialog, the worst in the history of man kind. People remember it fondly because we grew up with it. Trust me, it sucked.

You are my new best friend. :p About time someone else besides me realizes how bad the game really is and that's not comparing it to anything else..it just is.

I'm apparently one of the very few who loved this game when first played, and still love it.
Just finished it for the 42nd time, I really love it, it feels like having different experience in different gameplays, so this game got better for me after more replays.
I read some comments saying this is a watered down version of Spider-Man 2 from the same developers, I still can't agree with them, Spider-Man 2 obviously did some things in a better and more fun way, but the improvements in this game made it more fun than Spider-Man 2.

I wanted to play a sequel to this game, I still wonder if it would have been a good thing if we had one, if Raimi was allowed to direct his 4th movie, in 2 different scenarios:

A) Treyarch were still the developers, and Bobby Kotick did not decide their Spider-Man games after the first movie 1 game suck.

B) The game developed by Beenox, and we got that instead of Edge of Time, what was it going to be like? Would we still have Shattered Dimensions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"