Superman Returns Tarantino Writing 20-Page Review

Thats just completely nuts. I don't think you could even write a 20-page review of Citizen Kane or the Godfather. Tarantino reminds me of Spike Lee. One of the best filmmakers of his generation, total buffoon when he opens his mouth.

Thats just completely nuts. I don't think you could even write a 20-page review of Citizen Kane or the Godfather.

Like no one believed you copuld make a two and a half hours low budget movie with no much action and no expensive special effects one of the biggest hits of the 1990's. And bring back John Travolta to life at the same time. :)

Tarantino reminds me of Spike Lee. One of the best filmmakers of his generation, total buffoon when he opens his mouth.

I'd say let's read the review first. To critisize and reach conclusion of the kind of "it's not possible" without having read the thing is not too far from hilarity either.

Like no one believed you copuld make a two and a half hours low budget movie with no much action and no expensive special effects one of the biggest hits of the 1990's. And bring back John Travolta to life at the same time.

Except for the part about Travolta, its been done before, constantly. And sorry, I still think the idea of writing a 20 page review of any movie indulgent and absurd.

If it does not waste paper, I do not see the problem :huh:
If you find it absurd do not read it. The idea itself is, IMO, like "some people have really some time to spend on a review". But hell, might be interesting, might be useless. Just like expressing point of view on a message board IMO. But hey I keep doing it. As long as it is not too much and as long as I have a real life out there.
I'd say let's read the review first. To critisize and reach conclusion of the kind of "it's not possible" without having read the thing is not too far from hilarity either.
you know how things are, people have been willing to bring so much negativity about this film, that, in the end, maybe it created a "reflex" of whatever is good on SR is absurd. :(
I liked the movie pretty much. Not everything but I really think the movie is great.

Last edited:
Except for the part about Travolta, its been done before, constantly. And sorry, I still think the idea of writing a 20 page review of any movie indulgent and absurd.

No more absurd than people spending hours of their lives discussing movies in these boards. :huh:

Oh, but he really liked the movie.. cool, I say, and I'd love to read a long review on a movie I love.

If you find it absurd do not read it. The idea itself is, IMO, like "some people have really some time to spend on a review". But hell, might be interesting, might be useless. Just like expressing point of view on a message board IMO. But hey I keep doing it. As long as it is not too much and as long as I have a real life out there.
you know how things are, people have been willing to bring so much negativity about this film, that, in the end, maybe it created a "reflex" of whatever is good on SR is absurd. :(
I liked the movie pretty much. Not everything but I really think the movie is great.

Exactly. And I also think the movie is great.

Payasito = awesome

Oh so you didn't know Tarantino built him a name upon indulgence and absurdity. Watch his movies.

But yes, this is better. You think is indulgent and absurd, it is all good. But earlier you said that "you couldn't" even do it. Now that was hilarious as hell.

If you find it absurd do not read it.

I suspect he will read it and comment it somewhere. Although I hope he will stick to his idea and won't.

The idea itself is, IMO, like "some people have really some time to spend on a review". But hell, might be interesting, might be useless. Just like expressing point of view on a message board IMO. But hey I keep doing it. As long as it is not too much and as long as I have a real life out there.

I think it will be interesting either for the better or the worse.

Now, what can we say if he wants to spend his time writing pages and pages over a movie when all of us spend hours every day doing the same. :joker:

Me too.

I think the hatred for the mere idea of writing this comes from the fact that Tarantino (as Sam Raimi) loved Superman Returns. :)

Oh so you didn't know Tarantino built him a name upon indulgence and absurdity. Watch his movies.

But yes, this is better. You think is indulgent and absurd, it is all good. But earlier you said that "you couldn't" even do it. Now that was hilarious as hell.

I suspect he will read it and comment it somewhere. Although I hope he will stick to his idea and won't.

I think it will be interesting either for the better or the worse.

Now, what can we say if he wants to spend his time writing pages and pages over a movie when all of us spend hours every day doing the same. :joker:

Me too.

I think the hatred for the mere idea of writing this comes from the fact that Tarantino (as Sam Raimi) loved Superman Returns. :)

You know, I'd love to debate this with you, but I've grown really sick of your condescending attitude. Have a nice life.

The BFI have books out dedicated to one film each. You can write 20 page reviewson a lot of great films if you know enough

The BFI have books out dedicated to one film each. You can write 20 page reviewson a lot of great films if you know enough

You can write 20 pages about almost anything if you have things to say about it. :up:

If anyone can write 20 pages on one movie, QT would be among those that could. And I bet it will be well worth reading regardless of how you feel about the movie.

I've always enjoyed Tarantino's films, and I'd be extremely interested in hearing his opinions on Returns. If for no other reason because I think he has a very unique gift as a director to be able to perceive and conceptualize events and people in ways that are constantly clever and creative. So if he's going to espouse his views on why he thinks this movie was terrific, then you know it's gotta be an interesting read.

Hold up when did Raimi say he liked Returns

I actually remember this. It was from a "Special Summer Movie Preview" edition of Wizard Magazine back in '07 when Raimi was doing press for Spider-Man 3.

Said something to the affect of "I don't get to see that many movies often because I'm too busy making my own stuff. I'd honestly rather spend time with my wife and small children. But one of the few movies I saw recently was Superman Returns and I really liked it."

20 pages is kind of absurdly long but then again i guess if you thought long and hard enough about every aspect of SR you could write a review as long as that.:o

It's nice to hear though that a quality director like him loved the movie so much.:up:

Yeah, 20 pages is long for a traditional sort of review. I'm assuming it's more of a hardcore analysis breaking everything down. Either way, it hardly makes him a "buffoon".

20 pages is kind of absurdly long but then again i guess if you thought long and hard enough about every aspect of SR you could write a review as long as that.:o

It's nice to hear though that a quality director like him loved the movie so much.:up:

Look how much play Kevin Smith has gotten off of hating Superman Returns. This is just the flip of that.
And if I am going to have one director love my movie and one director hate it, I would take Tarantino over Kevin Smith every day of the week. I like both guys and enjoy their movies, but Tarantino beats Smith in just about every way.

Look how much play Kevin Smith has gotten off of hating Superman Returns. This is just the flip of that.
And if I am going to have one director love my movie and one director hate it, I would take Tarantino over Kevin Smith every day of the week. I like both guys and enjoy their movies, but Tarantino beats Smith in just about every way.

Smith was just bitter and resentful that he was kicked out of the Superman project. So his hatred had a lot of personal background.

But I agree, Tarantino beats Smith as a director.

Payasito = awesome

:heart::meow:

Wasn't Kevin Smith in favour of Singer getting to do the sequal?

And I think they're as bad as each other as a director's, I like Smith's films but he has a poor visual style. Tarintino's style is him sitting beside you saying "Here's what I like and why it's cool"

FYI, I have written 6 pages on one film, so I dount the Big Q would have trouble writing 20

Smith did say that Singer should get to do the sequel, but he also slams "Superman Returns" a lot.

I found this rather funny in response to the news about Tarantino's intended diatribe....

First 5 pages of the review will be about his own love for the comics. The next 5 pages will be on how he relates the Superman character to his own movies. The next 9 pages will be of his love for the Donner movies leaving a 1 page review for Returns.

:woot::yay:

damn, i like tarantino and i liked returns, and even i think this is kinda stupid.

Thats just completely nuts. I don't think you could even write a 20-page review of Citizen Kane or the Godfather. Tarantino reminds me of Spike Lee. One of the best filmmakers of his generation, total buffoon when he opens his mouth.

Ever heard of a college thesis?

Plus, as a filmmaker, QT could see and talk about a lot of things we would have no clue about or just fail to see when watching SR. 20 pages doesnt seem absurd to me.

I think it would be an interesting read

That would be great if they got Tarantino to do an audio commentary for the movie.

Negativity always gets more press, not to mention Smith never seems to stop running his mouth. The geek community just hangs off Smith's words so much because he is a geek himself, who always tries to act like he is so cool and hip. Like Payaso said I think there is a lot of bitterness with Smtih in regard to Superman. He has been riding off his Superman/Jon Peters story for years with the nerds.

And you said, I much rather value the opinion of a director like QT than Kevin Smith. The two dont even compare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"