• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Dark Knight Rises TDKR Viral Hunters Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the viral marketing puts more light on the minor characters of TDKR, like the previous one did for Brian Douglas, Maroni, Dent, etc.

I hope the viral marketing puts more light on the minor characters of TDKR, like the previous one did for Brian Douglas, Maroni, Dent, etc.
I highly doubt it. These virals aren't as drawn out like TDK ones. They pop up briefly, we get a "prize" at the end, and they disappear until the next one.

I highly doubt it. These virals aren't as drawn out like TDK ones. They pop up briefly, we get a "prize" at the end, and they disappear until the next one.

Damn. I liked the CIA stuff. Well, as long as we get some tidbits of other characters (like we got with Dr. Pavel), then I'll be satisfied.

The Brian Douglass thing was the highlight of the Virals to me. It adds a dimension to the film one couldn't fully appreciate if they didn't participate in that ARG

Just talked to one of my old "informants" and he was saying there's a very real possibility of the trailer being show tomorrow night with the prologue screenings.

Has anyone else had rumblings of this or is it just common un-supported gossip as of late?

- Jow

It'd be nice but very odd if they did that.

idk if it'd be odd. They had special early previews of the trailer for TDK if I recall correctly. -- not the December trailer but one of the later ones.

- Jow

Just talked to one of my old "informants" and he was saying there's a very real possibility of the trailer being show tomorrow night with the prologue screenings.

Has anyone else had rumblings of this or is it just common un-supported gossip as of late?

- Jow

I've just been dreaming about it when I sleep at night :awesome: never really thought it could actually happen though...I'll be very happy if it does!

idk if it'd be odd. They had special early previews of the trailer for TDK if I recall correctly. -- not the December trailer but one of the later ones.

- Jow

yeah the Virals lead to a trailer screening of trailer 2 but I can't see us getting the prologue and the trailer in the same night.

Its a bit to swallow in one night and then again as I've said, its attached to Sherlock Holmes and I'm sure they want every penny they can get from Batfans to SH2.

But the universe is a big place and full of many possibilities.

- Jow

If this ends up being the case, then I'm going to be dissapointed that I didn't pull the trigger on the Prologue tickets.

yeah the Virals lead to a trailer screening of trailer 2 but I can't see us getting the prologue and the trailer in the same night.

Its a bit to swallow in one night and then again as I've said, its attached to Sherlock Holmes and I'm sure they want every penny they can get from Batfans to SH2.

But the universe is a big place and full of many possibilities.

True enough. I know they love little surprises tho. And also this is a WB marketing event now, not 52 - so they could be a little more confident in less problems or being like "Hey! Here's a bonus - cuz we're awesomer than 52!"

idk - at the very least - I'm anticipating some swag with the screening.

- Jow

If this ends up being the case, then I'm going to be dissapointed that I didn't pull the trigger on the Prologue tickets.

which is why, aside from my guy, I think they're gonna have an ace up their sleeves. They've gotta be aware that peeps could be apathetic to the virals seeing as they could just go see MI4 - and WB sees none of that money (or do they? idk). Something extra will get word of mouth going and encourage more participation in the future.

- Jow

But they did this last time with No trailer.

No reason to give the goodies away like that.

The prologue will make everyone forget there is a trailer for a while

idk - i was just checking in to see if my guy still had clout or not.

whateves. lol

- Jow

Don't know if this has been mentioned already, but I just spoke with the theatre director at the Chicago Navy Pier IMAX, and she told me that the prologue prescreenings are NOT overbooked.

I was curious because Chicago is one of the cities with both 10:00 and 10:30 screenings, and it didn't make sense to overbook and then open up another time.

Obviously I can't confirm this for every city, but I'm guessing they'd have the same policy. I'd still call to make sure. The women I spoke to was very helpful and friendly about. Now I don't feel like I have to get there 5 hours early. :yay:

True enough. I know they love little surprises tho. And also this is a WB marketing event now, not 52 - so they could be a little more confident in less problems or being like "Hey! Here's a bonus - cuz we're awesomer than 52!"

idk - at the very least - I'm anticipating some swag with the screening.

- Jow
I know this is nitpicking Jow, but if you continue to make this mistake/typo it's going to bug me to no end - 42 Entertainment. :funny:

Don't know if this has been mentioned already, but I just spoke with the theatre director at the Chicago Navy Pier IMAX, and she told me that the prologue prescreenings are NOT overbooked.

I was curious because Chicago is one of the cities with both 10:00 and 10:30 screenings, and it didn't make sense to overbook and then open up another time.

Obviously I can't confirm this for every city, but I'm guessing they'd have the same policy. I'd still call to make sure. The women I spoke to was very helpful and friendly about. Now I don't feel like I have to get there 5 hours early. :yay:

how early is everyone planning on getting to the theaters?

I know this is nitpicking Jow, but if you continue to make this mistake/typo it's going to bug me to no end - 42 Entertainment. :funny:

Whoopsie. I actually did legit just keep remembering it to be 52.

Sowwy - will attempt to re-write my memory darling.

- jow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"