Teen Murderer Says Jail Is Too Hard

Matt said:
Actually, it has been proven that it costs more for a state to execute someone than it does to keep them in prison for life.

Only because the system is so complex, people spend forever sat around on death row waiting and there is so much red tape in place. The only costs should be the drug, the however many medical staff involved [its what, three?] and the paperwork. I don't think that costs more than taking care of someone for thirty+ years.

Kyalesyin said:
Only because the system is so complex, people spend forever sat around on death row waiting and there is so much red tape in place. The only costs should be the drug, the however many medical staff involved [its what, three?] and the paperwork. I don't think that costs more than taking care of someone for thirty+ years.

How very democratic of you. You see, in this country, we have that "Red tape" as a form of "Checks and balances" so the government can't just go around putting the innocent to death.

Kyalesyin said:

How very democratic of you. You see, in this country, we have that "Red tape" as a form of "Checks and balances" so the government can't just go around putting the innocent to death.

Kyalesyin said:

Yeah, lets get rid of those court systems and just throw people in jail without proving them guilty.

Isn't it going to get a lot harder for him in 3 years when he's moved from juevinile detention to regular prison? :up:

Matt said:

Which is a shame, since it eats up a lot of cash from your system that could be going into your education system. If someone has been told 'you're gonna die in prison and thats about it' then its kinder to kill them. Absolute waste keeping em around.

tie him up and let eight hobos jump on his ribcage see how he likes it

Kyalesyin said:
Which is a shame, since it eats up a lot of cash from your system that could be going into your education system. If someone has been told 'you're gonna die in prison and thats about it' then its kinder to kill them. Absolute waste keeping em around.

Its called an appeals process, because I don't know if you knew this but *gasp* we've killed innocent people before.:wow: :wow: :wow:

I hate stupid kids that think their actions have no consequences. I also hate the fact that a lot of jails do become more like a free vaction, that is a pitty. All prisoners should have to work hard labor for at least 10 hours a day. They don't need gyms and weight equipment make them dig ditches with plastic spoons and when the ditches are done, make them fill em in and start over.

Darthphere said:
Ill wager the homeless guy wouldve liked it in jail. A nice bed, food 3 times a day, clean clothes, a shower. Sorry kid, tighten that anus and ride it out, because youre a dumbass.

A-****ing-men

"gawd....I'm so bored, there's nothing on TV I guess I'll just go out and kill hobos"

what the ****? maybe 2 decades of big bubba love will set him straight, I doubt it, but I'll chuckle about everytime I can.

Darthphere said:
Its called an appeals process, because I don't know if you knew this but *gasp* we've killed innocent people before.:wow: :wow: :wow:

I'm well aware innocent people have been killed before, there are flaws in every system. However, it could still be made a lot more efficient.

by killing people right away dammit! do away with the questions. :cmad:

Mr Sparkle said:
A-****ing-men

"gawd....I'm so bored, there's nothing on TV I guess I'll just go out and kill hobos"

what the ****? maybe 2 decades of big bubba love will set him straight, I doubt it, but I'll chuckle about everytime I can.

This all couldve been solved with a Nintendo Wii.:csad:

Darthphere said:
This all couldve been solved with a Nintendo Wii.:csad:

everything can be solved with a Wii, Bono just doesn't want you to know.

He killed a guy because he was bored. That's not "falling into a bad crowd." That's sociopathism*. He should have read a book or flew a kite or color. Not murder. No constest.

Zaed said:
http://www.wftv.com/news/10458584/detail.html

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- One of the teenagers responsible for beating a Holly Hill homeless man to death asked a judge to reduce his 22-year prison sentence Monday. Warren Messner and three other teens pled guilty to killing the man because they were bored, but Messner said prison is too hard.

Messner is a big boy. He was 15 at the time he was brought into the woods to see the homeless man his friends had been beating. Even at that young age, he outweighed the victim, Michael Roberts, by 200 pounds when he jumped on his chest, crushing his ribcage. Roberts died.

"Did you feel bad when you are doing it?" Messner was asked during questioning.

"Not really, no," he replied.

He didn't feel bad then, but he does now. He has been in juvenile detention for eight months, locked in a small cell and occasionally allowed to go to class.

Messner and his attorney said he has already learned his lesson and is ready to go home to help others.

"I want to be an inspirational speaker for troubled teens," he said Monday.

Messner got the lightest sentence of the four boys. Teens Jeffrey Spurgeon, Justin Stearns and Christopher Scamahorn got 27 to 35 years. They all cut plea deals to avoid life in prison.

The state attorney said that's as much leniency as they should get and the judge agreed.

"I can't think of some reason to change the sentence. I'm going to deny the motion," said the Hon. Joseph Will.

Messner's parents broke down at the denial. His mother said it's unfair, that her son fell in with a bad crowd and prison is killing him.

"He's not getting the mental health, the schooling. He's not getting anything, anything but locked in a cell all day long," Lori Messner said.

The judge and the state both argued that being deprived services and being locked away is precisely the point of prison. Warren Messner will spend the next 22 years in prison without the chance for parole.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, can't feel sorry for this jackass or his parent's. Maybe your kid would be getting the mental health and schooling he needs if you taught him killing people (any person, regardless of economic status) is wrong. Maybe if he showed some remorse before getting thrown in prison he could get a lesser sentence. Here's some schooling for ya Warren, when you get to big boy prison, don't drop the soap. Actually, drop it, then you'll feel what it's like to have a huge person jump on top of you.

If this kid had the Squirrel Master he'd make it

hbaked10.jpg

If the boy doesn't feel sorry for the crime why should he be let out earlier than 22 years? With that attitude he would surely kill again, I'm thinking they should lock him up for life.

samurai black said:
It is a sad story. One mistake and this kid misses out on the best years of a young man's life. He'll be in prison for his 18th and 21th b-day, will lose his virginity to inmate 67178-23 (often called "Big Daddy"), and probably come out a bitter and broken man. But he did take a life, and there's no coming back from that. I mean how bored can you be? At 15, i was into Mortal Kombat, cars, and was beginning to appreciate the female anatomy. Never a dull moment.

Yeah? Well, I was already appreciating the female anatomy by 13! :o

And this article is the strangest thing I've had the chance to read today. The title alone left me with a "What the f**k?" feeling, and that feeling surpressed a slight giggle I want to release when reading the whole thing. Of course juevinile detention is going to be hard, and a regular prison is going to be much harder. So, I guess he was already missing out on a proper education before being locked up if he thinks playing some sympathy vote is going to aid in making his sentence any shorter. He deserves whatever happens to him after killing an innocent homeless person out of boredom.

Erzengel said:
Isn't it going to get a lot harder for him in 3 years when he's moved from juevinile detention to regular prison? :up:

oz-2nd-season.jpg

huskerwebhead said:
Suck it up, Tubby. That's the point of prison....it's not supposed to be a pleasure cruise.

It is for his cellmate named Hank.

I would have made his sentence longer for asking if I could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"