• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TENET

I agree with almost all of that but I feel like Dunkirk is really good, it's just a little hard to follow if you don't know the history or watch Darkest Hour. I almost feel like those films feel like one big movie if you watch them one after the other. But yeah, Interstellar sucks. After he goes into the black hole, the movie turns into a joke.
I agree that Dunkirk is a return to form for Nolan after Interstellar. For me, it is among his best and is eminently rewatch-able.

As in, Interstellar & Dunkirk were both kinda overindulgent blahhh.

Robert Pattinson used Wikipedia to get his role in sexy space movie 'High Life'

Not that Pattinson has any room in his schedule for a second career. He recently finished shooting Netflix's Henry V drama "The King" with Timothee Chalamet, premiering later this year, and will spend the rest of 2019 in production on Christopher Nolan's highly anticipated follow-up to "Dunkirk," expected in theaters July 17, 2020.

The actor says he's "sworn to secrecy" about the project, which has been described as a "massive, innovative action blockbuster."

"I got locked in a room to read the script – I don't have it myself," he says. "I've been a little wary of doing big movies for years and years, but there's just something about Chris Nolan's stuff. He seems like the only director now who can do what is essentially a very personal, independent movie that has huge scale. I read the script and it's unreal."

Nolan be dishin' the goods, fam.

"He seems like the only director now who can do what is essentially a very personal, independent movie that has huge scale. I read the script and it's unreal."

giphy.gif

Robert Pattinson used Wikipedia to get his role in sexy space movie 'High Life'

Not that Pattinson has any room in his schedule for a second career. He recently finished shooting Netflix's Henry V drama "The King" with Timothee Chalamet, premiering later this year, and will spend the rest of 2019 in production on Christopher Nolan's highly anticipated follow-up to "Dunkirk," expected in theaters July 17, 2020.

The actor says he's "sworn to secrecy" about the project, which has been described as a "massive, innovative action blockbuster."

"I got locked in a room to read the script – I don't have it myself," he says. "I've been a little wary of doing big movies for years and years, but there's just something about Chris Nolan's stuff. He seems like the only director now who can do what is essentially a very personal, independent movie that has huge scale. I read the script and it's unreal."
Since Pattinson read the script, I have one question for him.
Care to share ?

Christopher Nolan Taps 'Hereditary' Editor Jennifer Lame for His New Movie (Exclusive)

For the first time in a decade and a half, Christopher Nolan will have a new picture editor.

Jennifer Lame, who last worked on horror indie hit Hereditary, has been tapped to serve as editor on Nolan’s newest project, an untitled action adventure that is to star John David Washington, Elizabeth Debicki and Robert Pattinson.

Nolan’s main man has been Lee Smith, the Australian editor who first collaborated with Nolan on 2005’s Batman Begins. That began a relationship that last through The Prestige, The Dark Knight, Inception, The Dark Knight Rises, Interstellar and most recently, Dunkirk. Smith won an Oscar for the 2018 movie, as well as the American Cinema Editors’ Eddie Award, and gathered a nomination for Dark Knight.

Smith, however, is unavailable because he just stepped onto 1917, the World War I epic being made by Sam Mendes, with whom he previously worked with on the 2015 James Bond movie, Spectre.

Entering the Nolan arena is a major movie for the WME-repped Lame, who has spent most of her career in the world of small-budgeted dramas and has been the go-to person for Noah Baumbach. She has worked with the filmmaker since 2012’s Frances Ha as well as on While We’re Young, Mistress America, The Meyerowitz Stories and his latest project, an untitled feature recently wrapped that stars Scarlett Johansson and Adam Driver. Other credits include Paper Towns and Manchester By the Sea, that latter earning her BAFTA, ACE, and Spirit Awards for her editing work.

Little is known about the new Nolan project but sources have described it as a globe-trotting adventure that has shades of the mind-bending nature of Inception but does involve the time continuum.

Last edited:
Christopher Nolan Taps 'Hereditary' Editor Jennifer Lame for His New Movie (Exclusive)

For the first time in a decade and a half, Christopher Nolan will have a new picture editor.

Jennifer Lame, who last worked on horror indie hit Hereditary, has been tapped to serve as editor on Nolan’s newest project, an untitled action adventure that is to star John David Washington, Elizabeth Debicki and Robert Pattinson.

Nolan’s main man has been Lee Smith, the Australian editor who first collaborated with Nolan on 2005’s Batman Begins. That began a relationship that last through The Prestige, The Dark Knight, Inception, The Dark Knight Rises, Interstellar and most recently, Dunkirk. Smith won an Oscar for the 2018 movie, as well as the American Cinema Editors’ Eddie Award, and gathered a nomination for Dark Knight.

Smith, however, is unavailable because he just stepped onto 1917, the World War I epic being made by Sam Mendes, with whom he previously worked with on the 2015 James Bond movie, Spectre.

Entering the Nolan arena is a major movie for the WME-repped Lame, who has spent most of her career in the world of small-budgeted dramas and has been the go-to person for Noah Baumbach. She has worked with the filmmaker since 2012’s Frances Ha as well as on While We’re Young, Mistress America, The Meyerowitz Stories and his latest project, an untitled feature recently wrapped that stars Scarlett Johansson and Adam Driver. Other credits include Paper Towns and Manchester By the Sea, that latter earning her BAFTA, ACE, and Spirit Awards for her editing work.

Little is known about the new Nolan project but sources have described it as a globe-trotting adventure that has shades of the mind-bending nature of Inception but does involve the time continuum.

Why not his usual editor, Lee Smith I wonder ?

He is busy doing the Sam Mendes film 1917.

This was put on the 4chan /tv/ board a few days ago but now Hollywood Reporter says it might involve time travel too so maybe some truth to it?

It is a sci-fi action-thriller about time travel, with two intersecting storylines, one set in the near future and one in the 1950’s. John David Washington and Robert Pattinson are playing scientists who travel from the future to the past and get caught up in a conspiracy involving a femme fatale played by Elizabeth Debicki. Washington is the main, while Pattinson takes on a more antagonistic role.

The mechanics of time travel are unique, with the leads existing simultaneously in both time periods, and having limits to how far they can go and what they can do in the past. Mark Rylance and William Fichtner will be in the movie as supporting characters in the future timeline, while Lucy Boynton is in early talks for a pivotal role in the past timeline. James McAvoy is being eyed for a very important role in the past timeline as well.

The title isn’t locked in yet, but it is being referred by studio heads as “Tempus Fugit”.

Last edited:
New editor, huh?

That sounds... Lame.

:awesome:

LOL you beat me to it!

That said, Hereditary was ****ing awesome so this movie is going to look great (as if there was ever any doubt).

So Nolan must have seen Hereditary.

This pleases the movie gods.

This was put on the 4chan /tv/ board a few days ago but now Hollywood Reporter says it might involve time travel too so maybe some truth to it?

It is a sci-fi action-thriller about time travel, with two intersecting storylines, one set in the near future and one in the 1950’s. John David Washington and Robert Pattinson are playing scientists who travel from the future to the past and get caught up in a conspiracy involving a femme fatale played by Elizabeth Debicki. Washington is the main, while Pattinson takes on a more antagonistic role.

The mechanics of time travel are unique, with the leads existing simultaneously in both time periods, and having limits to how far they can go and what they can do in the past. Mark Rylance and William Fichtner will be in the movie as supporting characters in the future timeline, while Lucy Boynton is in early talks for a pivotal role in the past timeline. James McAvoy is being eyed for a very important role in the past timeline as well.

The title isn’t locked in yet, but it is being referred by studio heads as “Tempus Fugit”.

I would be fully on board for that, and it sounds right up Nolan's alley.

Well that sounds great and the most Chris Nolan-y thing possible. :funny:

Is Nolan still continuing his tradition of shooting on film for this next project?

No, it's been confirmed by a source close to the project that Nolan is aiming to make history with this by filming the entire thing on potatoes.

No, it's been confirmed by a source close to the project that Nolan is aiming to make history with this by filming the entire thing on potatoes.

Mind bending, time altering potatoes.

Mendes be damned. First he stole Deakins from Dune and now Smith from Nolan. :p

A time travel film from Nolan could be really cool. I’m definitely down for that idea and sounds right up his alley.

That sounds awesome. I believe that Pattinson
would be a great villain character. He's actually not a bad actor, he's just associated with a particularly bad role - kind of the opposite of Hayden Christensen who took a famous role and made it bad

I'm up for anything Nolan directs - loved all of his movies so far.

Mind bending, time altering potatoes.

Trailer Announcer- He brought you to the brink of tears with corn. Now prepare for a mind bending movie with 5th dimension potatoes

Nolan- They bake themselves before they meet......

I still remember the parody posters for Interstellar dealing with corn

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"