Terminator: Dark Fate

I always liked the idea of a t-800 being sent back in time and is sent back too early... like I want to see a sky net perfection time travel - we, or at least I know nothing of how it managed that..
So imagine a movie where a t-800 is sent to the wrong century.. imagine hitler getting his hands on one, or the Roman Empire, Egyptians...

The terminator scans and realises he failed his mission, so tries to redeem it by finding the source of the blood line, i.e a Connor from a different era - he has no weapons or guns.. what does he do?

I also had this idea that there were other resistance teams, not just John Connor... and that John Connor was on a list of many warriors they wanted to terminate.. you can have a movie where it's in the 80's and another mother/father to a John Connor type was hunted. After all, that was probably the initial 'terminator' strategy and first wave of t-800's sent out.

I also had this idea that there were other resistance teams, not just John Connor... and that John Connor was on a list of many warriors they wanted to terminate.. you can have a movie where it's in the 80's and another mother/father to a John Connor type was hunted. After all, that was probably the initial 'terminator' strategy and first wave of t-800's sent out.
They kind of did that with Terminator 3. The TX successfully assassinated a few other members of the future resistance before going after John.

I always liked the idea of a t-800 being sent back in time and is sent back too early... like I want to see a sky net perfection time travel - we, or at least I know nothing of how it managed that..
So imagine a movie where a t-800 is sent to the wrong century.. imagine hitler getting his hands on one, or the Roman Empire, Egyptians...

The terminator scans and realises he failed his mission, so tries to redeem it by finding the source of the blood line, i.e a Connor from a different era - he has no weapons or guns.. what does he do?

I mean the entire first Terminator movie plot happens because Skynet had an incorrect hypothesis on time travel and how it would work and pan out. The original Terminator movie enforces the whole causal loop thing.

I mean the entire first Terminator movie plot happens because Skynet had an incorrect hypothesis on time travel and how it would work and pan out. The original Terminator movie enforces the whole causal loop thing.
It did? can you link/quote that...

They kind of did that with Terminator 3. The TX successfully assassinated a few other members of the future resistance before going after John.
Yeah, true, but I would use that as a way to tell another story, but without using John Connor - it can be way more suspense driven... a personal story etc.

It did? can you link/quote that...

They sent the T-800 back in time to kill John Connor's mother to prevent his birth and so the resistance wouldn't have a leader. Their actions simply ENABLED the very thing they would try to prevent.

That's definitively what happened.

They sent the T-800 back in time to kill John Connor's mother to prevent his birth and so the resistance wouldn't have a leader. Their actions simply ENABLED the very thing they would try to prevent.

That's definitively what happened.
I saw it as they failed... and that the past can't be rewritten... so.. I mean...

What is your initial point, in relation to my original post.... you've gone all genisys on me.

My initial point was Skynet failed to properly understand and grasp the concept of time travel. They figured if they could send a Terminator back in time to eliminate Sarah Connor they nip it in the bud. No Sarah Connor. No John Connor. resistance problem solved.

Instead, the act of sending a terminator back in time causes the creation of the very event they were attempting to prevent.

In other words, Skynet doesn't consider all the risks and possibilities of time travel and how their actions were part of the causal loop/paradox.

My initial point was Skynet failed to properly understand and grasp the concept of time travel. They figured if they could send a Terminator back in time to eliminate Sarah Connor they nip it in the bud. No Sarah Connor. No John Connor. resistance problem solved.

Instead, the act of sending a terminator back in time causes the creation of the very event they were attempting to prevent.

In other words, Skynet doesn't consider all the risks and possibilities of time travel and how their actions were part of the causal loop/paradox.

cool...

T3 had some great ideas. It wasn’t always executed well, but it’s still an under rated movie in the franchise for me, probably THE most under rated.
The ending was the best part. Everything else was more or less a rehash of T2.

The ending was the best part. Everything else was more or less a rehash of T2.
I just couldn't get onboard with the John Connor casting, it wasn't inspired at all..

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I just played 'Terminator: Resistance' and was curious to see if anyone else had.

The game mostly sucks to be honest. A kind of ugly, bog standard shooter with light rpg mechanics sprinkled throughout. The devs clearly love the franchise though, with tons of references and details, and you can't help but root for them. It's the little game that tried. In one word, I'd call it adorable.

And I'll be damned if it doesn't cobble together a decent enough plot. It's much better than Salvation.
Been meaning to play it but I don’t want to pay full price for the game

I liked Bale’s casting and he was a passable older Furlong. I just wish he had more attitude. Such a bland performance. They needed to bring more of that rock & roll edge to him.

Norman Reedus perfectly embodies that imo.

I liked Bale’s casting and he was a passable older Furlong. I just wish he had more attitude. Such a bland performance. They needed to bring more of that rock & roll edge to him.

Norman Reedus perfectly embodies that imo.
Damn, that's inspired.

I liked Stahl's Connor the most, cause I'm weird.

I actually quite liked Jason Clarke in the role as well. He had a weird take, a much sunnier disposition than most, but he was charming and I bought him as the leader, and a guy who knows way too much thanks to time travel.

T3 had some great ideas. It wasn’t always executed well, but it’s still an under rated movie in the franchise for me, probably THE most under rated.

Cut a few jokes and I think many more fans would approve. It is prime fodder for an alternate cut, but obviously there is no demand for that, so I'm gonna make one myself at some point.

They should have cast Reedus as John in Genisys at least, if only for his striking resemblance to Furlong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"