Terminator: Dark Fate

Cool if the praise is true but I shall see for myself

So, basically, another rehash.

What makes Terminator: Dark Fate succeed where Rise of the Machines, Salvation, and Genisys failed is that it knows that A) less is more when it comes to the T-800/Arnold and B) the first two films worked because they were really about Sarah Connor and not the titular killing machine.

I suppose I might agree with that. Also to me, bringing Arnold back as an aged Terminator for the second time now doesn't make any sense since Terminators aren't supposed to age. Though I'll have to wait and see how Miller & Cameron explain that, since it might be different from Genisys. The only franchise where it would've made sense to bring back Arnold's character is Predator, but that ship has apparently sailed. Certainly would've preferred if that Predator movie from last year had brought back Arnold for a different type of story, instead of mucking up the franchise more!

And I don't get why the Terminator movies need Arnold anymore either. His character and arc effectively ended back in T2, and he's unfortunately been getting less relevant as an actor as the years go by. Particularly in this franchise, where it's making less and less sense for him to keep appearing.

Last edited:
I suppose I might agree with that. Also to me, bringing Arnold back as an aged Terminator for the second time now doesn't make any sense since Terminators aren't supposed to age. Though I'll have to wait and see how Miller & Cameron explain that, since it might be different from Genisys. The only franchise where it would've made sense to bring back Arnold's character is Predator, but that ship has apparently sailed. Certainly would've preferred if that Predator movie from last year had brought back Arnold for a different type of story, instead of mucking up the franchise more!

And I don't get why the Terminator movies need Arnold anymore either. His character and arc effectively ended back in T2, and he's unfortunately been getting less relevant as an actor as the years go by. Particularly in this franchise, where it's making less and less sense for him to keep appearing.

I dont remember that being established in the first two films. Afaik, only the first two films and this film are canon now.

Yeah we've heard Twitter gush before, I'll just wait for more reviews.

Frankly, the fact Twitter is gushing makes me think this film is going to be rotten.:funny:

Last edited:
I dont remember that being established in the first two films. Afaik, only the first two films and this film are canon now.

What I meant was that it doesn't make any sense for what's basically a robot to age, even if it is a cyborg w/ organic tissue over the endoskeleton. Wasn't referring to anything established by the movie, because it didn't. :o

What I meant was that it doesn't make any sense for what's basically a robot to age, even if it is a cyborg w/ organic tissue over the endoskeleton. Wasn't referring to anything established by the movie, because it didn't. :o

These cyborgs have living tissue around their skeleton. Tissue ages and wears out. This probably wouldn't be a problem for a Terminator that has access to Skynet facilities and replacement tissue but the T800 is living in the past.

These cyborgs have living tissue around their skeleton. Tissue ages and wears out. This probably wouldn't be a problem for a Terminator that has access to Skynet facilities and replacement tissue but the T800 is living in the past.

Not trying to argue the point, since I get what you're saying, but if the only canon movies are T1 and T2, then they'd better explain how Arnold's T800 is still alive (to presumably live through the past) since he killed himself at the end of T2.

if its only tissue that aged why is the whole T800 older? people's faces and bodies change when they age . nose gets bigger, bones move different and so on. if only the tissue aged then the T800 should look like Arnold from 1983 with prosthetics. it doesnt make sense. I mean Arnold in 1991 in T2 looked different than in 1983 and noone said that anything. They should made it clear that they just wanted Arnold back and smile.

Didn't realise this was released on wednesday in the UK. Will check it out for sure.

Arnold is in these things because he's basically the face of the movies as far as pop culture goes. Anytime terminator is referenced it's always him that's used.

Not trying to argue the point, since I get what you're saying, but if the only canon movies are T1 and T2, then they'd better explain how Arnold's T800 is still alive (to presumably live through the past) since he killed himself at the end of T2.

Is it confirmed that this T-800 is the exact same one from T2?

And as for his appearance, it's been explained enough times that the Terminators are made of human tissue, which ages. It's as simple as that.
Curiously, makes you wonder whether a T-800 would look like a zombie if they remained functional for some 300 years. What does a human look like after 300 years? :p

I’m glad it’s getting positive reviews but I was hoping for an extension of the story, not just a retread of the first two. Sounds like Linda Hamilton is what makes it great so if they make another, hopefully she’s involved.

Curiously, makes you wonder whether a T-800 would look like a zombie if they remained functional for some 300 years. What does a human look like after 300 years? :p

It probably rots away after many years, leaving the endoskeleton exposed.

Good to see the positive reactions but as always will wait for the official reviews. I have liked the last 3 to varying degrees personally. Salvation was the most disappointing as it should have been amazing but that's what happens when you hire McG. However this new one if doing them won't bother me if it's good.

This was meant to be a T2 screening and they suprised and showed them the new movie. interesting.

Can you imagine finally being able to watch your favorite action movie from you childhood on the big screen and then they show a modern digital action movie? :eek:

Just saw a surprise advance screening of Terminator: Dark Fate last night! All I can say right off the bat is that this IS the Terminator movie I’ve been waiting for since T2. Brutal, visceral with action that’ll make any fan of the series salivate.

I can’t wait to see it again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"