Terminator Salvation: Review Central

As one of the rare posters who doesn't kiss Bale's ass but find him to be a solid actor most of the time, I honestly don't think that most "hated" his performance. I think that they were just terribly underwhelmed by it and part of that is because his character was woefully underwritten I admit.

Lets get one thing straight here I wasn't asking for the greatest characterization of all time, it's an action movie after all,I just wanted enough to help me to give a f**k.

It's as simple as this:

In T1 when Sarah and Kyle were in danger I gave a f**k.

In T2 when John, Sarah and even the g-ddamn Terminator were in trouble I gave a f**k. I even cared about what happened to Dyson. (Eventhough John was an annoying little bastard I cared if he lived or died)

In T3...er, lets skip this one shall we?

In T4 well I didn't really give a f**k about anybody but I admit to having some residual giving a f**kness about John Connor at the end of the movie because he's the savior of the world. I liked Anton as Kyle to but he was so underused that it was hard to care.

I think the only reason I don't hate Salvation is because the ending reminded me of T2's. By ending, I mean the factory show down.
true true

i also think he problem is that there was no danger in the movie. i dont think this happened because of the PG13 rating. blood has nothing to do with this. but the direction and story.

IMO Reese was not in danger. IMO Bale was not in danger. and thats also a huge problem.

I'm going to! I swear I will :D

Sometimes things are more important. And ISS, you are very articulate and should give yourself a break.

i will say that i liked the colors in the movie. i like MCG's explanation that the nuclear bombs changed the sky and atmosphere. and because of that it looked different through the day. i like this.

Last edited:
I liked the movie's look too.

It looked good and the action scenes were well handled but I still wouldn't take any of them over T2's...so what does that tell you?

I liked the movie's look too.

It looked good and the action scenes were well handled but I still wouldn't take any of them over T2's...so what does that tell you?
it doesnt touch the action in T2. but its good action for todays movies.

it doesnt touch the action in T2. but its good action for todays movies.
The first chopper crash reminded me of something out of Children of Men. It had me wishing that that director had did the film after the movie ended.

Last edited:
As one of the rare posters who doesn't kiss Bale's ass but find him to be a solid actor most of the time, I honestly don't think that most "hated" his performance. I think that they were just terribly underwhelmed by it and part of that is because his character was woefully underwritten I admit.

Lets get one thing straight here I wasn't asking for the greatest characterization of all time, it's an action movie after all,I just wanted enough to help me to give a f**k.

It's as simple as this:

In T1 when Sarah and Kyle were in danger I gave a f**k.

In T2 when John, Sarah and even the g-ddamn Terminator were in trouble I gave a f**k. I even cared about what happened to Dyson. (Eventhough John was an annoying little bastard I cared if he lived or died)

In T3...er, lets skip this one shall we?

In T4 well I didn't really give a f**k about anybody but I admit to having some residual giving a f**kness about John Connor at the end of the movie because he's the savior of the world. I liked Anton as Kyle to but he was so underused that it was hard to care.

I think the only reason I don't hate Salvation is because the ending reminded me of T2's. By ending, I mean the factory show down.

I'm not a Bale ass-kisser either, I like him as an actor though and thought he was more than solid in TS. I thought he was very good in some points, particularly the last 30 mins or so. Him, Worthington and Yelchin were at the least very good for me. Oh and definately cared when John nearly died at the end.

I'm not a Bale ass-kisser either, I like him as an actor though and thought he was more than solid in TS. I thought he was very good in some points, particularly the last 30 mins or so. Him, Worthington and Yelchin were at the least very good for me. Oh and definately cared when John nearly died at the end.
You aren't alone in liking his performance either, Jamie did too and so did some other folk on here.

I'm not saying that the people who liked his performance didn't like it legit, I just didn't care for it.

Is he getting bashed too much for it? Yeah because I have seen worse but I've seen better too.

As for Worthington I don't get the buzz surrounding him based on TS. I thought that he was okay but the wobbly accent was, as Bale would say, "F**king distracting!" lol

i think this has everything to do with the script it was first written for Marcus and Kyle. so thats why they are better in the movie. Nolan's rewrittes were not to make him better but to show him more.

i think this has everything to do with the script it was first written for Marcus and Kyle. so thats why they are better in the movie. Nolan's rewrittes were not to make him better but to show him more.
That was a huge problem but the orginal script was an even bigger problem as it pissed all over the Terminator franchise. So I look at what we got as the lesser of two evils.

That was a huge problem but the orginal script was an even bigger problem as it pissed all over the Terminator franchise. So I look at what we got as the lesser of two evils.

Same. People may call this a pointless movie but I figure at least it didn't completely trash the first three films.

You aren't alone in liking his performance either, Jamie did too and so did some other folk on here.

I'm not saying that the people who liked his performance didn't like it legit, I just didn't care for it.

Is he getting bashed too much for it? Yeah because I have seen worse but I've seen better too.

As for Worthington I don't get the buzz surrounding him based on TS. I thought that he was okay but the wobbly accent was, as Bale would say, "F**king distracting!" lol

Yeah Worthington's accent was a bit wobbly, but acting wise I thought he was spot on.

Caught an afternoon showing of this yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. After so many iffy reviews, I really wasn't expecting much - but I felt McG delivered.

Good action, great sets, solid performances and a storyline which - for the most parts - fits in the Terminator Universe nicely. Great special effects also. I think they also ended it perfectly and have left space for sequels.

I thought Bale did alright with what he was given, but one of my complaints would be that John Connor's rise to legendary status wasn't explained well enough. He talks to the resistance on the radio and is then involved in a big rescue - was that enough to make him a saviour to all these hardened soldiers?

Sam Worthington was perfect in his role, although the odd accent wobble irritated me a bit.

I don't think it scales the heights of Terminator 1 or 2, but it definitely is a league above T3. I'd give it a solid 8/10

Saw it yesterday and I really enjoyed it. The problem with the Terminator "franchise" is that I don't think that Cameron ever intended for it to be one, but after the success of the first two, the studio wanted to cash in on the movies. So they made a third one, which was terrible in every aspect (except for the hot nude female terminator). So the fourth one is a good new beginning. If they make another one, I hope they'll be more clear of what direction they want to take the franchise.

Truth

Caught an afternoon showing of this yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. After so many iffy reviews, I really wasn't expecting much - but I felt McG delivered.

Good action, great sets, solid performances and a storyline which - for the most parts - fits in the Terminator Universe nicely. Great special effects also. I think they also ended it perfectly and have left space for sequels.

I thought Bale did alright with what he was given, but one of my complaints would be that John Connor's rise to legendary status wasn't explained well enough. He talks to the resistance on the radio and is then involved in a big rescue - was that enough to make him a saviour to all these hardened soldiers?
Sam Worthington was perfect in his role, although the odd accent wobble irritated me a bit.

I don't think it scales the heights of Terminator 1 or 2, but it definitely is a league above T3. I'd give it a solid 8/10

I thought he had their respect because a lot of the things he predicted came true. Dont you remember at the start when they saw the plans for the T-800 and some soldiers said to Connor "its exactly like you said."

true. plus in a time where you are in war and you are losing against the machines you are more open minded IMO.

I still would have really loved to see how the resistance started in the first place. All we had was John and these people in a submarine who we never get any background on. People starting an opposition against machines in a post-nuclear war world would have been really interesting to see.

I still would have really loved to see how the resistance started in the first place. All we had was John and these people in a submarine who we never get any background on. People starting an opposition against machines in a post-nuclear war world would have been really interesting to see.

It doesn't really need to be explained though. This story is about survival and if you want to survive you will have to fight against the machines. They didn't send out invitations and have a meeting to decide what they were going to call themselves.

I think it's a pretty good assumption the leaders and other prominent figures in the resistance were those who had previous military training. John Connor would have been someone who proved himself and moved up the ranks with his eagerness to fight, his insight, and ability to boost morale.

I just saw the movie and all i can say is...i want my money back.
It´s awful, painful awful.
There isn´t only thing in the movie that makes it any good, they even butchered the main theme, one of the best and most iconic musics in movie history.

Every actor was painful to watch, even Bale was awful, the only with some redeeming qualitites was Sam Worthington.
The story was ridiculously bad, just a bad excuse for a lot of action scenes glowed together.
Where to start?
Who the f**k was Marcus and why did any one cared?
When the trailer came out, i tought (anyone did) that he was going to play the part of Arnie, and give us a reason why the Terminator in the movies have his face and body.
That would have made for some dramatic tension.
But no...Marcus was just a nobody, a fricking T-infiltrator

Why the f**k did the T-800 not melt when hit by molten steel?
He was the same model as Arnie, and Arnie melted in the 2nd movie when lowered into it, hell, even T-1000 melted.

Why wanted Dr. Serena Kogan for Marcus Wright to donate his body to ‘research'?
That just stupid, it gives the notion that they are already making terminators even before Skynet went rogue.
It´s just a sorry excuse for him to appear in the movie has a terminator.

The movie is full of this holes and stupid points.
I give a 3, because i´m in a good mood :oldrazz:

Isildur´s Heir;17066894 said:
I give a 3, because i´m in a good mood :oldrazz:

Quite generous of you :hehe:

the only reason I didn't give it a 1 is cause the 'splosions blowed up real pretty like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"