Terrible soundtrack news

Yeah it's not very good, but in the grand scheme of a potentially 3 hour movie, it doesn't bother me. It's to be used during the credit, correct?

Norman, I'd like to consider myself one of your biggest fans, but you need to back the F*** off. It's a Superhero movie forum. People are allowed to be anal about movies, even (relatively) small details. Nobody is forcing you to read this thread.

I find this thread incredibly entertaining.

Now I fully admit was comment was over the top, there are many in this thread who are simply voicing their dislike in the idea (its an idea I don't like either, hell I would go as far to say its a horrible, stupid idea) - but when people are trying to act like this decision gives us reason to doubt the movie as a whole, for us to question Snyder as a whole, that the entire quality of the movie rests on the quality of the CREDITs music, people deserve to be ridiculed.

I like you.

Thanks, laudanum09. I'm glad the "mounted singing doc manhattan genitalia" wasn't lost on everyone.

Good job quoting comic-book villains to try and show everyone how tough you are. Scarecrow, from one newbie to another, please just back off and stop making confrontations while you're (kinda) ahead, you're just going to wind up with egg on your face, and it's getting us off topic.
But while we're all having some immature fun here, I might as well join in.
Scarecrow, there is no god. Because if he did exist in the first place, he would have killed himself out of shame for letting a clown and his prostitute sister reproduce and create you. Also, your wife is expensive.

Very nice killshot, Bubastis. When you kick 'em in the balls, hope that you shatter at least one testicle.

Also, Plissken? You're my favorite. +5 points for you.

Cheers. You are indeed an accomplished ******* like myself. Here's to us.

Y'know....some Talking Heads would be nice.The eighties was an amazing time for music, I guess that's another big part of why this bothers me.

Some Oingo Boingo would be awesome.

Is Elvis Costello, Devo or Billie Holiday going to make the cut?

Anyone?

Hell some of Bob Dylans 80's records are classic stuff. The Jokerman (The Comedian) would be a good song.

The song is up on Youtube. I'm not going to argue about MCR itself, the quality of the band or the quality of the cover. All I'm going to say is that the song doesn't fit for one simple reason. It's very loud and fast. Too loud and fast (and even a bit up-beat) to compliment the ending, which is slow, quiet and depressing.

In case this post actually gets recognized:

Zack, Mr. Snyder, the director of Watchmen, we implore you to reconsider and use Dylan's original version.

wow. i hope it's different in official version. It has no tune or rythym at all! and you're probably right on the speed, it should be reflective, not "get and leave"

The song is up on Youtube. I'm not going to argue about MCR itself, the quality of the band or the quality of the cover. All I'm going to say is that the song doesn't fit for one simple reason. It's very loud and fast. Too loud and fast (and even a bit up-beat) to compliment the ending, which is slow, quiet and depressing.

In case this post actually gets recognized:

Zack, Mr. Snyder, the director of Watchmen, we implore you to reconsider and use Dylan's original version.

I think people and under the impression that it's confirmed they're using that specific song. If you listen specifically to what Zack said, it was that they were going to work on a song, and it would probably be a Dylan cover, like Desolation Row, or something. Which I find interesting, because it would kind of imply that Snyder didn't know they'd already covered Desolation Row.

My mistake in that case, I indeed was under the impression it's been confirmed.

Well, there's still the problem that they're considering a cover. I don't understand why though, because the original song's pacing would be perfect for the ending.

I find this thread incredibly entertaining.

Now I fully admit was comment was over the top, there are many in this thread who are simply voicing their dislike in the idea (its an idea I don't like either, hell I would go as far to say its a horrible, stupid idea) - but when people are trying to act like this decision gives us reason to doubt the movie as a whole, for us to question Snyder as a whole, that the entire quality of the movie rests on the quality of the CREDITs music, people deserve to be ridiculed.
It's an elitist thing, guys. We wouldn't understand.

just wait for some fanboy to make a fan-edit without that song in the credits....

here's a thought:

This hit me the earlier today, and i had to check up on the book just to be sure. So, perhaps instead of using My Chemical Romance over the end-credits, use their cover of Desolation Row in the actual film. It wouldn't be lingered upon(at least i hope not), so Snyder could probably get away with it, and it COULD work, given the time period(mid 80's) and the style MCR (unfortunately) wants to convey the song in(hardcore, more or less anyway.)

Chapter 8, page 25, 2nd panel, one of the guys from the Knot-Tops is holding a radio. I'd like to assume he's listening to music, though from what's said, he probably listens to the news, but apparently not during that time, as he's unaware of the reports that Dan and Laurie just sprung Rorshach from prison. That said, it wouldn't be too "out there" for MCR's version of Desolation Row to be playing on the radio for the brief time that the Knot-Tops are gathering at the newstand.

Now, with it being MCR, i'm sure the song will sound like major label friendly "punk" music, which works anyway, as you wouldn't hear the real stuff on the radio anyway. That said, the song could be in the movie, as basically background music. Then for the rest of the scene, use some tense, dramatic, orchestral music.

That way, there's really nothing to complain about. It would fit with radio standards, the type of music one could assume the Knot-Tops listen to(close enough, anyway), and if you weren't paying attention to the radio, you probably wouldn't even notice it. And then Snyder could use the original over the credits.

thoughts?

EDIT: Completely forgot the filming is finished, like an idiot. So the odds this will happen are quite slim. Though it probably is possible for them to dub the song in during post, i doubt it'll happen. That being said, nevermind.

I like the idea of doing a cover of a well-known song and maybe fit it into the movie itself. Now that it's an alternative world they could re-record some classics from the 80's. Would be cool to have, for instance, Duran Duran re-record an alternative version of Wild Boys with an older darker take on that song and have it play on a radio. Or over the end-credits even.

I don't mind them using a non-period song for the end credits, but one would've appreciated a little more maturity in the current choice and artist.

I'm not a fan of MCR and I feel the song is a poor choice for the ending credits. Something instrumental that leaves you thinking on the difficult decision would be ideal.

I did dig up my old pumpkins cds after hearing the trailer. I think something instrumental along the lines of The beginning is the end is the beginning's instrumental parts would be great for the song.

I love how presumptuous and snarky the majority is being about this, that's pretty disappointing.

I did dig up my old pumpkins cds after hearing the trailer. I think something instrumental along the lines of The beginning is the end is the beginning's instrumental parts would be great for the song.

BRILLIANT! :wow:

Stop whining, people. We could have this song in the movie...

[YT]YqeTpbV9nt0&feature=related[/YT]

I'm not going to complain about the song being in the movie, but I will say that I can't imagine it being the first song to be played in the credits. Assuming the ending is the same, a slower song would probably start, and the cover would play later.

Or could this be.....MCR......as....PALE HORSE......playing....

DESOLATION ROW??!!

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AuzrPK_YGbQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AuzrPK_YGbQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]
Confirmed, I guess.

Well...at least he said it's going to sound like a 80's punk song. Which still doesn't fit with the end of the movie, but at least it fits with the era of the movie.

But still, ugh.

Whoever said Oingo Boingo has the right idea....maybe something along the lines of Dead Man's Party, or Insanity. If you wanna get downright creepy, perhaps their cover of Don't Fear the Reaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"