welcome back Watchmen!!!!!!

director is important and i like snyder (fellow GB native) but its all in the script i hope they don't do anything but mildly revise hayter's script because that was damn impressive and i also hope they allow the film to be long there is just so much and a three hour watchmen film would be just fine in my mind so yeah good luck snyder i hope we finally get to see a proper watchmen film in my lifetime

sorry about punctuation

Apology accepted.

I'm not totally buying this. Snyder would be the third proposed director this.

This movie has been thrown around by studios like a beach ball.

This also isn't the first time Moriarty has reported about a new director attached to Watchmen.

Just saying, at this stage of the game, things can change at the drop of a hat.

And since when did you guys appreciate the reporting of AICN? Which you all hate so much.

The last attempt got so close that they even had an official website made. All it had was wallpaper but still, it's as close as weve ever gotten

Not to be an ass, but the last two directors Moriarty reported being on WATCHMEN...were. And ended up working on two versions of the project. This probably has some truth to it, though I've heard that James McTeigue and The Wachowskis were interested in this as well, and Greengrass would still like to do it.

I really hope Watchmen gets made this time. I get the feeling from these articles that WB really want to get it off the ground now.

I'm glad they're using Hayter's script even if they polish it some. Wether it will be Snyder, Greengrass, McTeigue or someone else isn't too important to me right now. I trust WB to find the right one. I feel like after Batman Begins they really put some effort into trying to get their comic book movies done right.

300 looks pretty b***hin' so far (haven't seen Dawn, 'cause...well...I'm a ***** and I HATE zombies), so I'd be willing to give Snyder a shot. :up:

I just reread "Watchmen" and the Rorschak/Night Owl team is GREAT as far as personalities and stuff go. Hope they don't rearrange everything like they've done w/ other comic movies on this one. It's great the way it is.

David Hayter's WATCHMEN script is fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. There are only minor issues with it. Yes, it distills it to the main storylines, but it is still a fantastic script. And it kept the Night Owl/Rorschach stuff intact.

Cinemaman said:
People, can Amazon.com send Watchmen to Russia?
Yes, they probably can. Otherwise try with Amazon.co.uk (or Torrent if you're desperate).

The Guard said:
David Hayter's WATCHMEN script is fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. There are only minor issues with it. Yes, it distills it to the main storylines, but it is still a fantastic script. And it kept the Night Owl/Rorschach stuff intact.

My big problem with it was the introduction. I don't think that tying the "Who watches the watchmen?" movement down to a failure on their part is a good idea.

Sandman138 said:
My big problem with it was the introduction. I don't think that tying the "Who watches the watchmen?" movement down to a failure on their part is a good idea.
That's Sam Hamm's script.

Is there anyway to read the Hayter script

Antonello Blueberry said:
That's Sam Hamm's script.

Ah, okay then. I'd be interested to read Hayter's take on it then. Hamm's script was really bad.

To be honest it's pretty harsh to judge Snyder on Dawn of the Dead since he was probably asked to delivar a fun-horror movie and he did. But from all indication he seems like a good enough canidate.

Well i found Snyder's version of DawnOf The Dead to be thorougly entertaining and still be able to have some good ol'discussions.

I do think that remakes should be made when movies don't age well. And in all fairness the original Dawn Of The Dead doesn't age well.

From the look of 300 , they've got it right. Frank Miller is working with the director so that's a huge huge plus.

Who knows , maybe Znyder will use the same shooting technique of 300 on Watchmen. It would certainly help to bring down the budget.

After seeing V for Vendetta, I think that James McTeigue could do one hell of a job.

If they get a good script make it but if not don't make it. I think Chirs Nolan is the perfect director for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"