Thanos and Loki

jaqua99

....I need a horse!
Reaction score
Mods or anyone if you wanna close this thread, go for it.

But I figured, make it, since it seems important enough.

Will Thanos appear in this movie? At all?

We know he will be out to get Loki based on what was said in The Avengers. And as far as we KNOW, The Infinity Gauntlet is in Odin's vault.

Thanos being the Big Bad of the MCU it seems like, what do you guys think?

Will we see him in Thor:TDW??

The payoff to this subplot (Loki failing Thanos) needs to be in an Avengers sequel, not a Thor sequel.

The payoff to this subplot (Loki failing Thanos) needs to be in an Avengers sequel, not a Thor sequel.

the thing is though, I don't think Asgard will be in an Avengers Sequel, its to Thor orriented. And Secondly, I would bet my life that Loki will not be in any Avengers movie. Literally. I'd bet my life

lol not sure that's a bet you should be making. The filmmakers made a big point of how bad Loki's punishment would be in the first Avengers movie, they'll follow it up in whichever Avengers sequel features Thanos. You don't need Asgard to have Loki in it.

nah. I just don't see it being covered in another Avengers movie. Tom is more than likely done with Avengers movies. Thanos will appear in multiple films. I would be shocked if Loki appears in another Avengers movie. I find it very doubtful

Based on the demand for more Loki I could see him appearing at least in a limited role where he shows up in the beginning/middle and then again at the end

nah. I just don't see it being covered in another Avengers movie. Tom is more than likely done with Avengers movies. Thanos will appear in multiple films. I would be shocked if Loki appears in another Avengers movie. I find it very doubtful
There are three or four long-ish conversations about how bad Loki's punishment is going to be in Avengers. That isn't material they aren't going to cover in the sequels.

I kind of doubt Thanos will appear in any level beyond that of the reference of ending cameo. However, that's because I am, personally, skeptical that Thanos is going to be the villain of Avengers 2.

He'll cast a shadow on Thor 2, by way of Loki's presence and punishment ( and likely scenes of interrogation ). However, it would not shock if Thanos doesn't actually appear at all.

yeah, I figured it would be covered in Thor 2.

Obviously. We are gunna go into Thor 2, and what happened to Loki during the avengers will be skipped out? I doubt it

I kind of doubt Thanos will appear in any level beyond that of the reference of ending cameo. However, that's because I am, personally, skeptical that Thanos is going to be the villain of Avengers 2.

He'll cast a shadow on Thor 2, by way of Loki's presence and punishment ( and likely scenes of interrogation ). However, it would not shock if Thanos doesn't actually appear at all.

that's how I see it.

Reference, or a line or two. Nothing plot related.

the thing is though, I don't think Asgard will be in an Avengers Sequel, its to Thor orriented. And Secondly, I would bet my life that Loki will not be in any Avengers movie. Literally. I'd bet my life

I won't ask you to bet your life. But yes, I agree.
Having a Thor-based villain already in Phase 1 will likely cancel out his continuation of significance in the following Avenger films. Or at least it should, in my mind. It would be like having two separate series of Thor films.

yeah, I figured it would be covered in Thor 2.

Obviously. We are gunna go into Thor 2, and what happened to Loki during the avengers will be skipped out? I doubt it
Odin'll punish him. Then we can assume he'll free himself, or Malekith will free him, or somehow he'll be freed. And then, down the line, in a later film, Thanos will punish him :oldrazz:

Thanos doesn't *need* to punish Loki. It was just a threat.

I'll say it again: Thanos manipulated Loki. All he wanted was to get the Cube back to Asgard, so that Thanos can get into the vault and get his cherished glove back. He doesn't need to "punish" Loki, because it was all a ruse.

Odin, however, certainly has reason to punish Loki, and he'll probably either wind up in his mythological/Marvel place in chains with Jormungandr eternally dripping acid into his unblinking eyeballs (look it up if you don't believe me), or he'll wind up redeeming himself by saving Asgard from whoever invades it in Thor 2.

Yeah, I think Thanos will have a bit part in Thor 2. I think it'll come at the end of the movie, when Asgard lies in ruins after Surtur destroys it, and Odin lies dead, and Thor takes the throne. The movie ends, or post-creds, with Thanos finding the Gauntlet in the ruins, and putting it on.

That's where my bet for Thor 2 is going. :)

I'll say it again: Thanos manipulated Loki. All he wanted was to get the Cube back to Asgard, so that Thanos can get into the vault and get his cherished glove back. He doesn't need to "punish" Loki, because it was all a ruse.

Odin, however, certainly has reason to punish Loki, and he'll probably either wind up in his mythological/Marvel place in chains with Jormungandr eternally dripping acid into his unblinking eyeballs (look it up if you don't believe me), or he'll wind up redeeming himself by saving Asgard from whoever invades it in Thor 2.

Yeah, I think Thanos will have a bit part in Thor 2. I think it'll come at the end of the movie, when Asgard lies in ruins after Surtur destroys it, and Odin lies dead, and Thor takes the throne. The movie ends, or post-creds, with Thanos finding the Gauntlet in the ruins, and putting it on.

That's where my bet for Thor 2 is going. :)

You are really sold on Surtur being in this.

Let me ask you two things.

One. Do you think it will set up continuing a Surtur twilight thing for Thor 3? While Thor rules?

Two, is there something you are not telling us? Or something you are trying to tell us? lol

have you heard "word"? in all honesty, because all of us find it very unlikely, however, you speak as if you know for a fact. 0.o

Yeah, i think Thanos will possibly have a role, but i don't think he's that interested in punishing Loki, if anything it will be the "other" the one who does that.

It's tough. I mean, if Thanos isn't gunna do anything to Loki, then aside from the gauntlet, he doesn't need to be in it. I think it is too early for him to get the gauntlet, especially if some of us think he will stretch all the way to avengers 3.

If he doesn't punish Loki, as Sam said, won't Loki sort just, have no reason to fear him anymore?

I think they'll keep Loki in Avengers 2 as well. He is more popular than many avengers alone.

It's tough. I mean, if Thanos isn't gunna do anything to Loki, then aside from the gauntlet, he doesn't need to be in it. I think it is too early for him to get the gauntlet, especially if some of us think he will stretch all the way to avengers 3.

If he doesn't punish Loki, as Sam said, won't Loki sort just, have no reason to fear him anymore?

Maybe it was Thanos' plan to get Tesseract in Asgard. Loki has been manipulated so he doesn't need to get punishment for his failure.

I don't think it was a ruse. It was a win-win in either scenario. The Other was pretty freakin' stern about their other-dimensional ambitions once they go their hands on the cube, even raised his hand to Loki.

Nothing could be better from a story telling perspective than having the red-headed step child bringing arguably the universes' most feared right to Asgard's doorstep because of his continued poor choices. This leaves the brother and the father left with the duality of knowing the problems/deaths Loki has caused but also dealing with the desire to protect their brother/son.

I don't think it was a ruse. It was a win-win in either scenario. The Other was pretty freakin' stern about their other-dimensional ambitions once they go their hands on the cube, even raised his hand to Loki.

Nothing could be better from a story telling perspective than having the red-headed step child bringing arguably the universes' most feared right to Asgard's doorstep because of his continued poor choices. This leaves the brother and the father left with the duality of knowing the problems/deaths Loki has caused but also dealing with the desire to protect their brother/son.

Like Troy.Stupidty of Paris brought Agamemnon and caused destruction of Troy and death of Hector.

Nice.:cwink:

You are really sold on Surtur being in this.

Let me ask you two things.

One. Do you think it will set up continuing a Surtur twilight thing for Thor 3? While Thor rules?

Two, is there something you are not telling us? Or something you are trying to tell us? lol

have you heard "word"? in all honesty, because all of us find it very unlikely, however, you speak as if you know for a fact. 0.o

Nope.
No "inside info," no "proof," just conjecture.
Just a reasonable assumption, based on how Simonson's story plays out; on casting calls for extras that almost certainly point to fire demons; and simply my firm belief that Marvel Studios intends to go a lot bigger in this movie.

You know, this got me thinking what if Thor and Loki are marooned on Earth, bereft of their powers without the technology of Asgard to bail them out because of Ragnarok and that's when Thanos decides to invade Earth?

Thanos doesn't need them powerless, though. He's all powerful. And a whole movie with powerless Thor and Loki would kind of be the pits, haha

Also, being marooned on Earth wouldn't make either of them powerless. Thor was only powerless because Odin stripped him of his powers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"