Thanos and Loki

This thread sorta fits a theory I came up with over at The Avengers sequel's news & spec thread. Perhaps, the mind gem is in fact used in the scepter Thanos gave Loki. And considering the scepter was last seen in Black Widow's hand, SHIELD may still l have it.

And in Guardians of the Galaxy, if Thanos is ultimately gathering the infinity gems then, getting the mind gem back could give him a reason to come to earth in The Avengers sequel. Just a theory.

Thanos doesn't need them powerless, though. He's all powerful. And a whole movie with powerless Thor and Loki would kind of be the pits, haha

I wasn't saying that Thanos would want them powerless. I never referred to that being Thanos' intention at all so I don't know where you came up with that idea. In my opinion what you're thinking of, having Thor and Loki always with Godly strength, is as boring as an 80's wrestling squash match. Thor has taken his strength for granted so long what would happen if that was all taken away when he needed it the most? Yes, I know in Thor he was stripped of his powers, but that was until he had learned his lesson about not being so arrogant. I'd rather see something more emotionally riveting like Thor on Earth unable to do anything while Thanos tears the planet apart. As far as Loki goes it would be interesting to see how he would cope with not having his powers, to basically be a frail human on the very planet he wanted to conquer and not the prideful God he wanted to become on Earth. Besides, didn't they have Loki and Thor with aliases on Earth in the Ultimate comics? That would be paying homage to that comic element.

This thread sorta fits a theory I came up with over at The Avengers sequel's news & spec thread. Perhaps, the mind gem is in fact used in the scepter Thanos gave Loki. And considering the scepter was last seen in Black Widow's hand, SHIELD may still l have it.

And in Guardians of the Galaxy, if Thanos is ultimately gathering the infinity gems then, getting the mind gem back could give him a reason to come to earth in The Avengers sequel. Just a theory.

Well, a lot of us, myself included, speculated that the Mind Gem was in Loki's sceptre, and everything in the Avengers movie certainly bolsters that theory, even if it doesn't directly say so.

But here's the thing: Thanos *gave* the sceptre to Loki. (The Other says so.) So why would he *give away* an Infinity Gem? Especially if he was secretly betting on Loki to lose his war on Earth anyway?

Well, a lot of us, myself included, speculated that the Mind Gem was in Loki's sceptre, and everything in the Avengers movie certainly bolsters that theory, even if it doesn't directly say so.

But here's the thing: Thanos *gave* the sceptre to Loki. (The Other says so.) So why would he *give away* an Infinity Gem? Especially if he was secretly betting on Loki to lose his war on Earth anyway?

Yeah I know the whole CBM community speculated the scepter has the mind gem. Thanos secretly betting on Loki to lose his war on earth is speculation as well. Besides, he would need the Cube to explore the "other worlds the tesseract will unveil." What I'm speculating is that it's believable he'd give Loki the mind gem in order to get the cube, which'd open the worlds where he could gather all the other gems. And if Loki had won earth, like he thought he would, I could easily imagine Thanos and The Other double-crossing Loki and getting the mind gem back...if they're really badasses

lmao I'm really a geek for this stuff:woot:

Last edited:
What ever happened to the Spear? ...I Dont remember Thor or Loki bring it back to Asgard?

What ever happened to the Spear? ...I Dont remember Thor or Loki bring it back to Asgard?

As Freshman posted above, it was last seen in Black Widow's hands, so it's safe to assume that SHIELD is reverse engineering it, like they do everything else alien and/or magical.

As Freshman posted above, it was last seen in Black Widow's hands, so it's safe to assume that SHIELD is reverse engineering it, like they do everything else alien and/or magical.

oh? I wonder if that could play a role in the sequel like maybe a reason Thanos goes to earth..to get back his gem..

It's not the Mind Gem. It was said so in the movie and the music used when it was used, and the way the energy looks, is reminiscent of the Tesseract. I'm certain an Infinity Gem is on Earth anyway, and Thanos sends an army (Skrulls?) to go get it, and if SHIELD don't give it up they'll destroy the planet.

Avengers 2 is gonna be so ****ing awesome.

Plus I would prefer if Thor got a lot more to do in A2, with Asgard and all. I didn't feel he was properly portrayed in Avengers with his role feeling like an extended cameo.

It's not the Mind Gem. It was said so in the movie and the music used when it was used, and the way the energy looks, is reminiscent of the Tesseract. I'm certain an Infinity Gem is on Earth anyway, and Thanos sends an army (Skrulls?) to go get it, and if SHIELD don't give it up they'll destroy the planet.

I still think the Gems are already gathered neatly inside that nifty little glove Odin keeps on display in Asgard. Unless you completely discount all the appearances of the Gauntlet in the Thor movie, in the Kevin Feige video interview, and the SDCC display, it's already a done deal.

Making the McGuffin of Phase 2-3 be the Infinity Gems and have the main plot throughout the movies be an epic search for all-powerful artefacts is far more epic and dramatic than Thanos walking into Asgard and them.

I still think the Gems are already gathered neatly inside that nifty little glove Odin keeps on display in Asgard. Unless you completely discount all the appearances of the Gauntlet in the Thor movie, in the Kevin Feige video interview, and the SDCC display, it's already a done deal.

Wait, I thought you believed it was the mind gem in the scepter?

Making the McGuffin of Phase 2-3 be the Infinity Gems and have the main plot throughout the movies be an epic search for all-powerful artefacts is far more epic and dramatic than Thanos walking into Asgard and them.

I agree

Perhaps, it's not, but It was never said flat out in the movie that it wasn't the mind gem . If it is the exact same energy, and power as the cube, why is Thanos so desperate to get the cube?

Look for the Gems? IDK. I imagined it as just a portion of the Tesseract Thanos has. So it's not as powerful as the Cube but Thanos and The Other can use it as a weapon and are mentally linked to it.

One thing is certain, neither August 1, 2014 nor May 1, 2015 can get here soon enough:)

A good way to cause friction between Thor and the rest of the team would be to have Thor want them to protect Loki from Thanos.

Am I the only one who wants Loki's resolution to be him living on Jotunheim? He is technically their king, after all.

HA, imagine his redemption involves him returning there to convince the Jotuns to ally themselves to Asgard against.... Surtur!!!

I'm sure the Jotuns will love that :D

You don't think inserting megapowerful gems from another world into the decidedly down-to-earth stories of Iron Man 3, Ant-Man and Captain America: The Winter Soldier would be a bit contrived, to say the least? If you're going to say at least four of the six gems (the Mind Gem from the sceptre now in SHIELD control, if it *is* such; plus one each for the Iron Man, Ant-Man and Cap movies, all of which take place here) are already on Earth, then it's not much of a scavenger hunt, is it? Might as well just put 'em all on the Gauntlet and be done with.

Wait, I thought you believed it was the mind gem in the scepter?

I did a long time ago, before the Avengers came out.
I still don't completely rule out the possibility of the Mind Gem, since the sceptre definitely displays mind control powers. But let's just say that my convictions are stronger that the Gems are already securely fastened on the Gauntlet in Odin's Treasury, rather than scattered through the cosmos for Thanos to easter-egg hunt. :yay:

Not really one for each movie. I don't think Infinity Gauntlet will happen in Avengers 2. I think Thanos will be the villain in A2, you can have him without the Gauntlet. Then the Gauntlet in A3 or a seperate two-part/trilogy epic.

A good way to cause friction between Thor and the rest of the team would be to have Thor want them to protect Loki from Thanos.

No. It will be too Thor centered. loki will not be in another Avengers movie

Am I the only one who wants Loki's resolution to be him living on Jotunheim? He is technically their king, after all.

Yeah I like this.

Not really one for each movie. I don't think Infinity Gauntlet will happen in Avengers 2. I think Thanos will be the villain in A2, you can have him without the Gauntlet. Then the Gauntlet in A3 or a seperate two-part/trilogy epic.

I am hoping Avengers 2 is Ultron with Thanos behind the scenes

You can't really mix Ultron and Thanos. They're too completely different villains and it would seem forced.

Loki will be in Avengers 2 in some capacity, even if it's just a cameo. The most-likely villains of the film want to murder him after all.

You can't really mix Ultron and Thanos. They're too completely different villains and it would seem forced.

Loki will be in Avengers 2 in some capacity, even if it's just a cameo. The most-likely villains of the film want to murder him after all.

No, I mean, I want it to be Ultron, but Thanos is still behind the scenes, still kept relevant I mean. Nothing between the two, just, Thanos' presence is known by the audience throughout the film

and I really really doubt he will appear in Avengers 2. He has no reason to.

If the Avengers don't leave Earth in Avengers 2, then he won't be in it. Most likely

okay so a quick little conspiracy theory. what if loki was trying to get caught, not talking about the shield thing. i mean taken back to asgard long enough to be in the throneroom to do his little trick of making a false copy. the copy could be reemed by odin while the real loki steals the gauntlet for thanos. or loki getting yelled at and sentenced by odin is a diversion and thanos will just somehow break into the armory and steal the gauntlet himself. the destroyer is gone for now so all thanos needs to do is sneak in an steal it.

anyway as far as loki and thanos. i said before and i'll say it again. if they do the IF. loki is gonna take mephisto's place from the comic as a sidekick to thanos. also all this talk of dr. strange coming up all we need is for marvel to try and get galactus and the silver surfer and we could really do the infinity gauntlet story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"