"That was not the way it was written": X3 writer on the movie

It's weird how they keep claiming poor Halle has trouble with everyone, I knew of the issues she had with Singer during X2's wrapup but this is a little ridiculous. I really hope it's all just a bunch of nonesense and tabloid crap but honestly, who knows.

As far as the headline topic...simple excuse for lousy choices they made. He claims the first half is their movie and the last half not...too bad then that the first half sucks just as much as the last half, so I don't know what he's trying to justify here.

I might have cut Penn a bit more slack if he and Kinberg didn't contradict themselves so much about their decisions in xverse but frankly it just feels to me like they are trying to blame a scapegoat because what they thought was going to be a great story turned out to be simply a cgi popcorn movie for bucks. I'm amazed they aren't satisfied with that, that was after all the whole purpose of this movie to cash in on the license. They had no interest in finishing the trilogy or maintaining continuity or even telling a story...not enough time, must slash more things, show more cgi and blow more things up.

If they gave half a damn about what fans wanted in an X-Men film the movie wouldn't even resemble the finished product.

Remember when they claimed the sript leaked a year earlier wasn't accurate...ha, it was right on the money.

Alex414 said:
Total bull. FOX, the writers, and that j***-off Ratner lied to us in the months leading to X3. So why should we believe now? They must we're think incompentent or something. They can't fool us anymore.

A few people tried to tell us the truth but sadly they were the ones who were called liars. :csad:

Since when has there been a rift between Famke and Halle?:huh: In interviews Halle has always been positive about Famke even bringing up her name while promoting Die Another Day.

Heres a pic of them promoting X3 in Japan. Don't they look friendly?

rsoct06p13el9.jpg

Source: http://citaya.org/store.php?crn=73&rn=4151&action=show_detail

ntcrawler said:
It didn't make Kitty laugh so it couldn't have been funny. I wanted Colossus to say more than one line. But I didn't get that either. I don't suppose any of the cut scenes have Colossus actually talking?

Ironic. How do you "write" a character who doesn't talk? :p

I`m with you on Colossus...I wish he had more lines and a good fight scene....but No...

Wow, It's awesome how Ratner himself says that he'll implement all of these into the Director's Cut in a few of the deleted scenes. In other words, he said it several times.

Didn`t Zak Penn say on Xverse that Colossus would have a speaking part while metaled up????

who knows? maybe he speaks but the scene was cut for a second x-treme edition. I wouldnt be surprised. :rolleyes:

Seriously, i've re-read all of Zak's answers, and i dont see any answer of him which is a lie. Simon? yes, he lied a lot, but not Zak...

Well they are both worthless hacks IMO that helped to ruin what could have been the best movie EVER. I mean, even if the studio didnt want Pheonix in the story, the short run-time would not have been enough for the cure storyline. Both Kinberg and Penn said the script was short also before the movie came out, yet they were comparing X3 to Return Of The King!!!!!!!!!

From the start they should have set out to make a movie that AT LEAST hit the two hour mark. But no, according to Kinberg on the x-verse "Movies have become too bogged down by longer run-time's and unneccessary character moments in the past ten years." I remember him saying something very close to this on the X-Verse when the run-time issue came up, not to mention him saying that Batman Begins should have had 35 mins shaved off the run-time. I mean what a ****ing nobhead!

no what he said about begins was that it took 35 minutes for bruce to be batman but in x3 they dont have to introduce the characters

phoenix_force said:
no what he said about begins was that it took 35 minutes for bruce to be batman but in x3 they dont have to introduce the characters

I know he did not say this at thexverse.com. But, if Kinberg did say then he would be a bigger moron than I thought he was. In X3 there were quite a few new characters that didn't get a proper introduction.(Beast, Angel, Quills, Juggernaut, Kitty, Arclight, Calisto, Multiple Man)

Theweepeople said:
I know he did not say this at thexverse.com. But, if Kinberg did say then he would be a bigger moron than I thought he was. In X3 there were quite a few new characters that didn't get a proper introduction.(Beast, Angel, Quills, Juggernaut, Kitty, Arclight, Calisto, Multiple Man)

Thats because they didn't write most of your list like proper characters, they were really more like plot devices or tools. :o

Theweepeople said:

Tell me about it :whatever:

phoenix_force said:

No, his exact words were "I could easily see Batman Begins with 35mins less screentime." I remember him saying that.

And anyway, why would he say what you claimed when it took Bruce almost an hour to turn into Batman?

X-Maniac said:
The trouble is that we all have our own personal visions. If each of us wrote our perfect X-Men scripts, others would complain and say they weren't right.

True. Which is why you just do the damn comicbook ala Raimi. Not a story revolving around anyone's favorite character, just the comicbook. and if the story taken from the comic focuses on a particular character for that particular story then so be it, because (altogether!) it's from the comicbook.

Jesus, it's so blatantly obvious what went wrong with the X-films (and other comicbook films) it isn't even funny anymore. Honestly if so these studios and directors are going to continue to "do their own thing" when it comes to these films I'd rather them not do them at all. That comes from a fan who has been dying to see some of his favorite comicbook characters come to life the way they were meant, not as some director's personal statement.

Damn! all my hopes and dreams for an X-men film(s) have crashed and burned. They kinda died from the moment I saw Magneto, Storm and Cyclops in X-1. I (like many others) continued to cling to hope and lie to myself, giving Singer and co the benefit of the doubt that it would slowly turn into the comicbook I loved, but it never happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"