The 8 Months Between X2 and X3

imaperson2 said:
so do you think that in the game its going to be constructed and demolished all in one? because we dont see any of that in the trailer.

EDIT: how big is alkali lake?
If I understand you correctly, yes. The government rebuilds the Alkali Lake facility and unleashes Sentinels on the world, and it's up to the X-Men to go back and destroy the base again.

yeah you understood right...and on their way, they have to get the cerebro pieces. thats the main objective of the game.

WorthyStevens4 said:
Well, Sabretooth was never declared dead... Deathstrike I can't explain, but somehow there will be one for her.

With the Sentinels, who knows. Maybe they get retired before the timeline of X3 begins.

Neither was toad... But Deathstrike is pretty much done imo...

imaperson2 said:
yeah you understood right...and on their way, they have to get the cerebro pieces. thats the main objective of the game.
Right, right, I forgot about that.

Ok, so they go back to get the equipment and discover the base is being rebuilt :p

CapBeerCino said:
Neither was toad... But Deathstrike is pretty much done imo...

I know, that's why I said I couldn't explain why she's there. :p

hehe yes yes. that's pretty dumb though. isnt the government on the x-men's side? why would they destroy the base and then in x3 they are all good friends with them?

imaperson2 said:
hehe yes yes. that's pretty dumb though. isnt the government on the x-men's side? why would they destroy the base and then in x3 they are all good friends with them?
Who says they're good friends? At the end of X2, all the X-Men did was make President McKenna aware that not all mutants are evil terrorists, some are just the victims of people like Col. Stryker.

In response, McKenna created the Department of Mutant Affairs to give mutants a voice in the government. It looks like the X-Men still retain their independence from the government, but who knows what's going to happen with this new president.

but then the army is on their side too....hmmm i dunno

imaperson2 said:
but then the army is on their side too....hmmm i dunno
Not necessarily. It appears that at the end of X3, Magneto attacks the army with his Brotherhood, and knowing how powerful Magneto is, the X-Men step in to help defend humanity.

It's looking like the X-Men defend the army rather than them being allies.

Avalanche said:
The Funeral:

We can presume that Jean's funeral would have occured within a month of her death, thus won't be shown in X3. Thus, the funeral is for another character, or for Jean's second death, should she die again.

It's in the beginning.

Kinberg stated that the movie ends on a positive note, with an outlook of hope for the future.

A funeral at the end of the movie for a fallen comrade would not give that sense of hope, and be a positive ending.

Even with the lapse in time, it very well could be a memorial for Jean. Afterall, Kinberg also stated that the death of Jean Grey is still very fresh in everyone's minds.

OH!!! i just wanna play the game already and watch the movie. i hate having these questions in my head.

Nell2ThaIzzay said:
It's in the beginning.

Kinberg stated that the movie ends on a positive note, with an outlook of hope for the future.
Well that just means the funeral isn't the last thing to see us out. It could be at any other point in the film. It doesn't necessarily have to be right at the beginning just because it's not going to be right at the end.

I dont think the events in the game are actually happening in the movie. Too many problems.

FieryBalrog said:
I dont think the events in the game are actually happening in the movie. Too many problems.
They're not happening IN the movie. The movie won't make any references to events in the game at all.

However, the game is part of canon, which means that the game was created to mesh perfectly with X2 and X3. It'll simply add to the experience, that's all.

X3 will tell a completely different story from the game, so fear not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"