The 8 Months Between X2 and X3

Avalanche

Tremor
Reaction score
Kinberg or Penn stated recently that though they weren't entirely sure, as an exact time frame was never given, around 8 or 9 months seemed like a sensible amount of time to have passed between X2 and X3.

I can't remember the exact quote, but no doubt someone will post hit here at some point.

My question is, what has happened in that period in between the end of X2 and the start of X3?

We know a couple of things.

The President:

Xavier's talk with the President at the end of X2 had a positive effect. The President changed his stance and instead sought a similar goal to Xavier, integrating mutants and humans in society. He set up the Department of Mutant Affairs (DMA) of which I presume Beast is a government official.

At some point, the President was replaced by his successor, who's mutant policy we're yet to discover. He appears to have kept the DMA.

The Danger Room:

This could well explain how many of the powers have advanced for X3. The characters have each had over half a year to hone their abilities in the Danger Room.

The Funeral:

We can presume that Jean's funeral would have occured within a month of her death, thus won't be shown in X3. Thus, the funeral is for another character, or for Jean's second death, should she die again.

vanillacyke said:
Buy the official video game to find out.
The video game will have an awful lot of events in that in fact didn't occur in the movie universe. What occurs in the game can't be taken as fact as to what happened in between X2 and X3 in the movies.

Aside from that, the game isn't out yet, and waiting for the game 'to find out' defeats the whole purpose of speculation.

Avalanche said:
The video game will have an awful lot of events in that in fact didn't occur in the movie universe. What occurs in the game can't be taken as fact as to what happened in between X2 and X3 in the movies.

Aside from that, the game isn't out yet, and waiting for the game 'to find out' defeats the whole purpose of speculation.

What're you talking about Penn said the game is what happened between the two films. And Ratner called me and told me personally that the game is cannon.

Avalanche said:

It's been said that it's an arc between the two movies, so technically, it is a part of the movieverse. ;)

Yeah and was'nt it also said that they had to keep changing up the game cause the X3 script kept changing?

I really really hate the video game. I'm sorry but, all of a sudden, Iceman isn't doing all this cool stuff, he isnt even gunna do half that in X3. Plus, Deathstike is dead, plain and simple. The only goood thing is, they explain what happened to Nightcrawler.

sirius14sho said:
I really really hate the video game. I'm sorry but, all of a sudden, Iceman isn't doing all this cool stuff, he isnt even gunna do half that in X3. Plus, Deathstike is dead, plain and simple. The only goood thing is, they explain what happened to Nightcrawler.

And you know that because...

sirius14sho said:

You have'nt seen the film you have no idea what Iceman's gonna do. Plus the Deathstrike fight is used as a get to know the game kinda level (so she does'nt come back to life), IGN said so.

Avalanche said:
The Funeral:

We can presume that Jean's funeral would have occured within a month of her death, thus won't be shown in X3. Thus, the funeral is for another character, or for Jean's second death, should she die again.

Not neccessarily. That ceremony looks more like a memorial instead of an actual funeral, and those can take place well after a person's death.

we also know that arclight is a girl not a boy. lol.

Specter313 said:
Not neccessarily. That ceremony looks more like a memorial instead of an actual funeral, and those can take place well after a person's death.
But wouldn't that have to occur at some sort of significant date? Likely a year from her death?

As for vanillacyke, whilst the game does explain some of the events that occur between X2 and X3, namely, the general outline, there will be things that happen that don't actually happen in the movieverse. Deathstryke and Sabretooth being alive and well are perfect examples of this. They'll be added for the purpose of fleshing out the character count in the game, not some arc to link in with the movieverse.

Likewise, we can expect the role of the Sentinels in the games to be significantly different to that in the movies.

Avalanche said:
But wouldn't that have to occur at some sort of significant date? Likely a year from her death?

As for vanillacyke, whilst the game does explain some of the events that occur between X2 and X3, namely, the general outline, there will be things that happen that don't actually happen in the movieverse. Deathstryke and Sabretooth being alive and well are perfect examples of this. They'll be added for the purpose of fleshing out the character count in the game, not some arc to link in with the movieverse.

Likewise, we can expect the role of the Sentinels in the games to be significantly different to that in the movies.

Well, Sabretooth was never declared dead... Deathstrike I can't explain, but somehow there will be one for her.

With the Sentinels, who knows. Maybe they get retired before the timeline of X3 begins.

WorthyStevens4 said:
With the Sentinels, who knows. Maybe they get retired before the timeline of X3 begins.
Could well be the case. However, if the X-Men had been up against the Sentinels at some point, it would have a massive bearing on X3. There would be the looming threat. Discussion of how they'd had to take them on. Right from the get go. I just can't see this happening. The movie will likely forget any reference in the game to Sentinels and start from scratch.

Avalanche said:
Could well be the case. However, if the X-Men had been up against the Sentinels at some point, it would have a massive bearing on X3. There would be the looming threat. Discussion of how they'd had to take them on. Right from the get go. I just can't see this happening. The movie will likely forget any reference in the game to Sentinels and start from scratch.

Well, the X-Men obviously do have the designs for the Sentinels if they're facing one in the DR. The game is the best explanation for that scenario.

Avalanche said:

I told you they are there to get to know the game they are'nt part of the story. GEEEEZZZ. And again they said IT TAKES PLACE BETWEEN THE TWO FILMS!

isn't alkali lake being built into a city? on the game website it says something about things changing around alkali lake or something like that. and there is a picture of buildings being constructed...

imaperson2 said:
isn't alkali lake being built into a city? on the game website it says something about things changing around alkali lake or something like that. and there is a picture of buildings being constructed...
I wouldn't say being built into a city, but from what we've seen of the game it's my guess that they're rebuilding the facility and turning it into a Sentinel factory.

WorthyStevens4 said:
Well, the X-Men obviously do have the designs for the Sentinels if they're facing one in the DR. The game is the best explanation for that scenario.

Iceman could be fighting the Sentinel in the DR in the game.

Exploding Boy said:
Iceman could be fighting the Sentinel in the DR in the game.
That's possible, but there's also pictures of Nightcrawler fighting one too... they look to be the main type of bad guy in the game...

Halcohol said:
I wouldn't say being built into a city, but from what we've seen of the game it's my guess that they're rebuilding the facility and turning it into a Sentinel factory.

so do you think that in the game its going to be constructed and demolished all in one? because we dont see any of that in the trailer.

EDIT: how big is alkali lake?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"