• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The 2012 FOX News South Carolina Republican Presidential Debate

Yet signed into law by the constitutional scholar Pres. Obama. A pox on both parties...

O.
I agree but the media blackout regarding NDAA when it was being a pushed in congress is both shamefull and scary.

Watching middle aged and old white people giving Newt Gingrich a standing ovation for saying black people and poor people lack work ethic was a new height for my misanthropy.

Watching middle aged and old white people giving Newt Gingrich a standing ovation for saying black people and poor people lack work ethic was a new height for my misanthropy.

I don't think that was quite his point; in fact I think his work-in-school program sounds like a generally decent idea which would effectively combat the overwhelming problem of American laziness.

His "food stamps President" remarks are generally unfair, however. Surely obama would rather the person look for work, however O is simply realizing times are tough and you can't leave the people out to dry when the well is empty.

For all of the people clamoring for a Gingrich v. Obama debate, don't be so certain. If Newt were to make the same case against Obama, all O would really have to say is "unemployment was 10%, and really a lot higher; and reality is these people wont be finding a job any time soon, so the options are give them food stamps to allow them to put food on the table, or leave them to starve while they search for jobs that don't exist".

...there seems to be (at least) one cringe-worthy moment for every one of these debates.

On MLK day. :dry:

I don't think that was quite his point; in fact I think his work-in-school program sounds like a generally decent idea which would effectively combat the overwhelming problem of American laziness.
I really think pushing poor kids work is terribly short-sighted.

"This person will have to work some crappy job for 50 years, why not get them started 10 years earlier while they're still a child?"

"This person will have to work some crappy job for 50 years, why not get them started 10 years earlier while they're still a child?"

What? That isn't his reasoning....and I dont see how it would do that...

seeing some backlash against the debate crowd over booing the golden rule lol

You know, Mr. Paul was basically paraphrasing from the Bible, and he was booed for it. I just don't understand these southern christian conservatives.

If you go by Twitter polling, Ron Paul won this debate.

If you go by Twitter polling, Ron Paul won this debate.

I am a Paul fan but you can tell the poll is sort of rigged when Paul does amazing on Romney's record and I believe he never mentioned it once.

You know, Mr. Paul was basically paraphrasing from the Bible, and he was booed for it. I just don't understand these southern christian conservatives.

Matthew 7:12.

12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

...I'm not even a Christian and know that audience did a "no-no".

...that's probably because a lot of these so-called southern christian conservatives don't really know what is in the bible beyond what their preacher tells them...

Because most of them have never opened a Bible.

Because most of them have never opened a Bible.

For argument sake if you read the Old Testament you can find many verses that can back you wanting to wage war on people for the sake of waging war. God from the OT is rather schizophrenic, one minute he loves you and wants you to be peaceful with your neighbor, the next he gives you a free pass to rape, pillage and plunder other people.

Last edited:

Actually, in many countries, working while young is normal; only in the US is there a stigma about developing a work ethic while in school. In fact, the UK, for example, requires students to go through a work-related program between the ages of 14 and 16 years of age, after being tested to see if the student is academically inclined. And quite frankly, kids should have a part-time job as a requirement. That way, when they graduate from high school, at least they can take care of themselves.

O.

I think kids should be in no hurry to work, they will spend almost their entire adult lives working.

For argument sake if you read the Old Testament you can find many verses that can back you wanting to wage war on people for the sake of waging war. God from the OT is rather schizophrenic, one minute he loves you and wants you to be peaceful with your neighbor, the next he gives you a free pass to rape, pillage and plunder other people.

So, basically that is Judaism, not Christianity; which looks to the New Testament and the revisions that Jesus madeto the old laws . I think people just want whatever they feel at the moment no matter whether it is in line with their "beliefs" or not. If they feel like going to war they justify it...

So, I finally saw Gingrich's answer to being asked about swinging. :lmao: :lmao:

"The lady doth protest too much." He didn't just doubledown on killing the messenger, but triple and quadrupled so much so he did distract people from being a flaming hypocrite. The funniest bit was when he implied he was a "decent person." :funny: :funny:

Great stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"