The 2012 NBC Florida Republican Presidential Debate

Gingrich excels when he's not the frontrunner. But whenever he is the frontrunner, he crashes and burns.....a lot.

Wow, Romney owned in that debate. That was just a brutal asskicking. Anyone that thinks Newt could actually score points against the president in a debate after watching that is more high than I am.

From what I have seen so far of the Republican debate in general, watching sparring between Romney and Gingrich in particular, is like, to paraphrase the film review site "Red Letter Media", a deep game of chess where both players don't know how to play chess. And as much as I disagree with Santorum's dogmatic approach towards social conservatism, and Paul's isolationist stance towards national security issues, at least those two are not all over the place where their respective stances are. And don't get me started on Obama's love affair towards all things government, especially since he is willing to cut 100,000 American troops, while doing noting about trimming the 100,000 public sector workers his administration hired during his term...

And this is on top of the debt in loans that was used to pay for both the wars and more government entitlements.

You know, maybe I'll just call the next four years a wash, and wait for either a Democrat or Republican who isn't a cretin. So, guys, do me a favor, an wake me up in 2016. I just don't care about anything anymore, since there aren't any leaders to set a proper example for the rest of us "civilians".

O.

I have to say that having this many debates is a great way to make people look unpresidential.

The technology isn't there for multiple 'space stations' in orbit and permanent moon stations. Gingrich is grossly out of touch.

The technology has been there since the eighties. The funding has not. It's sad to see that people have such little ambition for the future.

From what I have seen so far of the Republican debate in general, watching sparring between Romney and Gingrich in particular, is like, to paraphrase the film review site "Red Letter Media", a deep game of chess where both players don't know how to play chess. And as much as I disagree with Santorum's dogmatic approach towards social conservatism, and Paul's isolationist stance towards national security issues, at least those two are not all over the place where their respective stances are. And don't get me started on Obama's love affair towards all things government, especially since he is willing to cut 100,000 American troops, while doing noting about trimming the 100,000 public sector workers his administration hired during his term...

And this is on top of the debt in loans that was used to pay for both the wars and more government entitlements.

You know, maybe I'll just call the next four years a wash, and wait for either a Democrat or Republican who isn't a cretin. So, guys, do me a favor, an wake me up in 2016. I just don't care about anything anymore, since there aren't any leaders to set a proper example for the rest of us "civilians".

and as for the number of troops to be cut that's over the next decade. they plan on closing some of the old cold war bases we had set up and saving about $487 billion. Which is what? 1.6% of the military budget? Surely a country that has a military bigger than the rest of the world combined could trim less than 2% without the bed-wetters going all paranoid on us couldn't we?

O.

I'll need to see some citations on those numbers. From what I can tell that's not a factual statement at all.

Over all — including a decline of 12,000 public sector jobs in the Labor Department report for December — government employment is down 2.6 percent over the last three years, compared to a decline of 2.2 percent in the early Reagan years. That is a record.

Some other notes from today’s jobs report:
Manufacturing employment, the subject of my column today, rose by 23,000 jobs and was up by 225,000 jobs, or 1.9 percent, for the year. It was the second consecutive annual increase after 12 declines in a row. Construction jobs increased by 0.8 percent in 2011, the first annual increase since 2006.

source

Last edited:
I'll need to see some citations on those numbers. From what I can tell that's not a factual statement at all.

Over all — including a decline of 12,000 public sector jobs in the Labor Department report for December — government employment is down 2.6 percent over the last three years, compared to a decline of 2.2 percent in the early Reagan years. That is a record.

Some other notes from today’s jobs report:
Manufacturing employment, the subject of my column today, rose by 23,000 jobs and was up by 225,000 jobs, or 1.9 percent, for the year. It was the second consecutive annual increase after 12 declines in a row. Construction jobs increased by 0.8 percent in 2011, the first annual increase since 2006.

source

What you are referring to is state and local public sector jobs. When the Federal stimulus money ran out, that's when the losses occurred. Under Obama, the Federal rolls increased by 1.3 percent, essentially nullifying the losses outside of the Washington DC beltway. Thus, in a classic "hat-trick" move, someone like Harry Reid can say that the public sector has been hit hardest without being specific.

Anyway, here's my "100,000 jobs" source:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4513537...iring-proves-be-recession-proof/#.Tyf06IEr5QM

Later.

O.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"