The 2014 Hype Awards Ceremony

tumblr_nffkodgpDp1rvcqino5_250.gif

I have to be honest, when I first heard about the second Hypetime Achievement Award by committee, I wasn't initially on board. But with the current backlog of posters who are more than well deserving for this Award, even inducting two at a time doesn't feel like it's doing justice for those waiting. However, that's the system we have right now.

That being said, the winner of the Hypetime Achievement Award by committee is also more than well deserving and has been here even longer than myself or even ComicChick.

This poster has also ascended the ranks as a moderator. And again like CC, hasn't let moderatorship go to their head.

A regular in the sports threads. A poster that has no trouble interacting with other posters, and being able to joke around with them. A moderator who's level headed and is willing to assist in issues and problems.

This year's Hypetime Achievement Award winner by committee is none other than....

2mfj1wg.jpg
Oh my gosh almighty. Never ever has this ol Georgia boy ever thought he'd win such a thing. This is a gorgeous piece of hardware, and I am honored to accept it.

I'd like to thank my mom, Elvis, ComicChick, Julio Jones, Nick Chubb, Hayley Atwell, the owner of the local pizza place, my grandma's dog, the Houston Texans cheerleaders, Donatello, the brunette who took my order at Chick-fil-A last night, and the Hype members who voted.

HTC.gif

"Yay 'fire! Alright!"

Last edited:
Can we have a list of all the winners in a sticky thread (or on the first page) so I don't have to wade through 16+ pages of thanks & commercials?

Thanks.
  • Best Writer: Rodrigo90
  • Best Artist: ComicChick
  • Smartest Poster: regwec
  • Political Poster: Hippie Hunter
  • Superhero Poster: KRYPTON INC
  • Community Poster: JJJ's Ulcer
  • Most improved: JJJ's Ulcer
  • Game poster of the year: Spider-Aziz
  • Hype Rivalry: Spider-Aziz vs the Hype
  • It Boy: OriginalMiles and Kane52630 (tie)
  • It Girl: ComicChick
  • Most Helpful: Hunter Rider
  • Moderator of the Year: Hunter Rider
  • Comics Poster: KevanG
  • TV Poster: Sawyer
  • Misc Movie Poster: Octoberist
  • Thread of the Year: Keep Hope Alive, rights of FF revert Back to Marvel.
  • Banned Poster: Knowsbleed
  • Hype's Funniest: Pink Ranger
  • Best New Member: W/ Great Power
  • Sports Poster: Immortalfire
  • Best Pair: Kan52630 and gifs
  • Hypetime achievement: ComicChick (by votes) and Immortalfire (council's choice)

Can we have a list of all the winners in a sticky thread (or on the first page) so I don't have to wade through 16+ pages of thanks & commercials?

Thanks.

:yay:

i did that already lol

but Aziz made it easier for you to find in the post above this one old man lol

(Comes running in breathless wearing badly fitting tuxedo, sweat stains apparent in white shirt and untied bow tie flapping with each step): Okay... OKAY!!! I'm here, I'm here!! I got caught up on the 405... Traffic was crazy. I hope that... That... (Looks around). It's all over isn't it? I'm... I'm incredibly late. Well then... Um... I was going to say... Uh, thanks to all that nominated and voted for me. Thanks for so many welcoming me here and, uh... Yeah, I have a good time here more often than not and it's fun to commune with the like minded. So, uh, really thanks and I'll get a limo next year.

It's been over for a few days. Must have been some really bad traffic. :oldrazz:

Congrats on the award btw. :yay:

well he does live in NY... :rimshot:

thank you, i appreciate it :)

(Comes running in breathless wearing badly fitting tuxedo, sweat stains apparent in white shirt and untied bow tie flapping with each step): Okay... OKAY!!! I'm here, I'm here!! I got caught up on the 405... Traffic was crazy. I hope that... That... (Looks around). It's all over isn't it? I'm... I'm incredibly late. Well then... Um... I was going to say... Uh, thanks to all that nominated and voted for me. Thanks for so many welcoming me here and, uh... Yeah, I have a good time here more often than not and it's fun to commune with the like minded. So, uh, really thanks and I'll get a limo next year.

Sorry, you're too late. We ended up giving the award to Jon Cryer.

Dammit Kryptin. Stop ruining everything.

You won't have to beat him, I already got it back.
Here ya go old buddy.

we'll see how you do this year

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"