The 2014 Hype Awards Ceremony

The WB/CW formula.

It goes back further than that. Much... much... further....

tumblr_lkhomqaxvP1qd5n55o1_500.gif

Hey wait! Are you telling me The Fonz wasn't in his teens?! Balderdash!

Hollywood has been casting 25-30 year olds as teenagers since forever.

fwiw, i went to high school with people who looked like they were in their 30's

Because you probably grew up being a character on Beverly Hills 90210. :o

I'm 30, have some grey hairs and still get carded. Annoys the heck out of me.

i got id checked at the abc store the other day. like they ran it in their database or something because it shows all that on my receipt. odd

Yeah, now they're cracking down on ID's after the toddler crashed his big wheeler in that DUI on Christmas. :o

But seriously I like that there are now scanners for that kind of stuff.

The ones who ask for my ID always stare intently at it and look back at me as if I would try to run or admit I'm not of legal age but never bother to use the machine that was meant for that specific purpose.

Also, any chance I could get a gif for my Avvy of my award? I might just replace my much beloved Ice King avvy for a few weeks with it. :D

Or just combine it. :p

The ones who ask for my ID always stare intently at it and look back at me as if I would try to run or admit I'm not of legal age but never bother to use the machine that was meant for that specific purpose.

Also, any chance I could get a gif for my Avvy of my award? I might just replace my much beloved Ice King avvy for a few weeks with it. :D

2ypginr.gif

tumblr_mxgtq19Uy11slf2q3o4_250.gif

we have so many intelligent people here... and some not so much. We're all scholars thanks to the internet, but there is a select few of us here are are intelligent without google. or maybe they're just better at hiding it. Jaguarr, Manic, Anita18, and flickchick85 know what we're talking about. They've won it before. Who will be joining them this year? Will we have a repeat winner?

The award for Hype's Smartest Poster goes to...

2ebc18h.jpg

Regwec!

I am very late to this: of late I had realised that modern English suffered a dearth of recherché verbiage of sufficient precision to elucidate my more cerebral fulminations, and consequently I had ensconced myself in my library to begin a study of Old Entish.

But really, thanks to everyone who voted for me. Completely undeserved, but it's nice to know that I am still fooling some people.

I am very late to this: of late I had realised that modern English suffered a dearth of recherché verbiage of sufficient precision to elucidate my more cerebral fulminations, and consequently I had ensconced myself in my library to begin a study of Old Entish.

But really, thanks to everyone who voted for me. Completely undeserved, but it's nice to know that I am still fooling some people.
:funny:

We love your posts enough to consider you worthy.

I was 35 the last time I was asked for ID at a bar....that was twelve years ago... :o

:csad:

Can we have a list of all the winners in a sticky thread (or on the first page) so I don't have to wade through 16+ pages of thanks & commercials?

Thanks.

:yay:

tumblr_n19d8eZbMM1ro95bto3_r1_500.gif

The next award goes to Sports Poster of the year. The ballot was full of worthy competitors, such as Immortalfire, DarthSkywalker and The Incredible Hulk.
Many of you sent in some worthy write-in nominations as well. Who will be hoisting up the award? We find out now!

tumblr_n19d8eZbMM1ro95bto2_r1_500.gif

and the Hype Award for Sports Poster of the Year goes to....

vomxs5.jpg

Immortalfire

This is probably the only award I'll ever receive here, but that is ok. Y'all know I like chatting about football and hockey, and posting cheerleader pics. I guess its that last one that really keeps the Sports board happy.

Being a four time Sports poster of the year is quite cool.

Anyhow, thanks and drive safe.

Congrats Immortalfire! You gave me plenty of good advice I the fantasy football thread and earned my vote

Uh, there must be another Immortalfire around here, because I don't play fantasy football..much less give advice on it :csad:

This is probably the only award I'll ever receive here, but that is ok. Y'all know I like chatting about football and hockey, and posting cheerleader pics. I guess its that last one that really keeps the Sports board happy.

Being a four time Sports poster of the year is quite cool.

Anyhow, thanks and drive safe.

Might want to read ahead a little more. :o

tumblr_nffkodgpDp1rvcqino5_250.gif

I have to be honest, when I first heard about the second Hypetime Achievement Award by committee, I wasn't initially on board. But with the current backlog of posters who are more than well deserving for this Award, even inducting two at a time doesn't feel like it's doing justice for those waiting. However, that's the system we have right now.

That being said, the winner of the Hypetime Achievement Award by committee is also more than well deserving and has been here even longer than myself or even ComicChick.

This poster has also ascended the ranks as a moderator. And again like CC, hasn't let moderatorship go to their head.

A regular in the sports threads. A poster that has no trouble interacting with other posters, and being able to joke around with them. A moderator who's level headed and is willing to assist in issues and problems.

This year's Hypetime Achievement Award winner by committee is none other than....

2mfj1wg.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"