The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Discuss all you'd want to see in an Aquaman movie here. Cast, crew, director, villains, storyline etc. I'll be posting my full cast list, choice of director and villain very soon. :)

I think DC has been shamed into not liking their own characters by all the jokes poked at Aquaman over the years.........

And yet ANT-MAN............(another lampooned hero) is already in production and with a sweet clip.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpa4NLM1YMM

See??? Even in this clip, this twerp keeps calling Ant-Man "silly"! SMH

But is that stopping Marvel?? NO!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5M0BCnJvws

On top of this.....Marvel is bringing a TALKING RACOON.....AND A WALKING TREE to the screen this August......

Get it together DC.........Aquaman cant get a movie?? Really??? Jonn Jonzz??

Hawkman???? SMH

They just have no faith in their characters....

Last edited:
I don't think the Aquaman jokes are why WB has no faith in their characters in general. That would just be general apathy, I would say.

They are probably why they have no faith specifically in *Aquaman*, though. . . and being fair, I think that's a reasonable position, because the Aquaman brand is kind of toxic. He has the misfortune of actually being fairly well known. . . as a complete joke and punch line.

I think DC has been shamed into not liking their own characters by all the jokes poked at Aquaman over the years.........

And yet ANT-MAN............(another lampooned hero) is already in production and with a sweet clip.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpa4NLM1YMM

See??? Even in this clip, this twerp keeps calling Ant-Man "silly"! SMH

But is that stopping Marvel?? NO!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5M0BCnJvws

On top of this.....Marvel is bringing a TALKING RACOON.....AND A WALKING TREE to the screen this August......

Get it together DC.........Aquaman cant get a movie?? Really??? Jonn Jonzz??

Hawkman???? SMH

No. Just no. Warner Brothers just said that we will soon here and announcement on the DC line soon, many speculating Comic-Con, not that it will probably be too different from the other announcments they have made regarding the universe but still its a show of faith.

The Ant-man clip you're talking about is TEST footage that may not even be what final film is like.

They are probably why they have no faith specifically in *Aquaman*, though. . . and being fair, I think that's a reasonable position, because the Aquaman brand is kind of toxic. He has the misfortune of actually being fairly well known. . . as a complete joke and punch line.

They have put a ton of effort into rebooting the character and making him a central force of the comic line. The jokes and punchlines will always be there, they were there for Batman due to the '66 series and he overcame that, Aquaman is a strong enough character to overcome the jokes.

got bored so i thought id make this.

Jason Momoa as Aquaman
6hnlsx.jpg

Last edited:
I think DC has been shamed into not liking, etc...

So its just an accident that Aquaman has an animated movie devoted to him coming out and almost had a TV show a few years ago?

switched Momoa with Edgerton. I actually like this better.

wjasfs.jpg

They have put a ton of effort into rebooting the character and making him a central force of the comic line. The jokes and punchlines will always be there, they were there for Batman due to the '66 series and he overcame that, Aquaman is a strong enough character to overcome the jokes.

Oh, I agree, and it would be nice if Aquaman were rehabilitated. Given how tough a challenge it would be, though? I am inclined to say they should wait until after they've successfully done a few other, less toxic, characters. Do a good, successful Wonder Woman movie, and *then* give Aquaman a try.

As I was saying in the closed thread...

Originally posted by FeedOnATreeFrog
For Aquaman they definitely need someone who doesn't have an ounce of pretty-boy in them. I don't think Claflin passes this test.

Momoa fits the bill, especially if they go for an Aquaman who's been King for a while

In a solo film, they need to tell his origin. That requires a younger actor.
If not a pretty boy, then find some decent looking actor. Maybe even an ugly one? As long as he can act and have dramatic depth to him, it will be good.

Posted numerous times but hey, here we go. Have the new 52 aquaman story, Orm the villain attacking the surface, then through that introduce justice league. **aqua man to be main focus as it is his movie **.

in regards to casting I have no idea because i havent an eye for that......

Also id like an aqua man movie where its shot really vivid, have atlantis this vibrant colorful place, and the surface with rubbish in the streets and so on, to drive home the difference in how atlanteans respect their waters. Even manners should be a contrast

Why not cast this guy again he is getting a lot of roles lately
Alan-Ritchson-in-The-Hunger-Games-Catching-Fire-2013-Movie-Character-Poster.jpg

Wasn't impressed with him before...

Probably just a silly dream, but it would be great if WB nabbed Gosling for the role
ryan-gosling-net-worth.jpg

He'd bring some respect and credibility to the role.

Ryan Gosling is perfect for the Flash.

Ben Affleck has long been rumored to be part of the DCU, even before he was cast as Batman. He was one of the directors considered for Man of Steel, and the top choice to direct Will Beal's Justice League script.
Considering that WB had discussions with Gosling about playing Batman, it's clear that they want him as a DC character. There were rumors that he was being considered for both the role of Batman in Justice League Mortal and Hal Jordan in Green Lantern.
WB had discussions with Gosling about Batman and now Gosling is directing a movie under WB .
I wouldn't be surprised if WB and Gosling arranged a deal where WB will distribute his films as long as he plays one of their heroes.
Ben Affleck probably has a similar deal, where he will play Batman in a certain number of films, in exchange for WB distributing his directorial efforts

I'm starting to get used to jason momoa as aquaman. I think it'll happen and he has the presence plus no one would dare call him a joke.

Plus it would be nice to see some people in the justice league movie who are non white

Well we have Cyborg already and the possibility of Johnson as John Stewart. (I'm aware of what Dwayne said, but I still believe it he will be GL)

I'm starting to get used to jason momoa as aquaman. I think it'll happen and he has the presence plus no one would dare call him a joke.

Plus it would be nice to see some people in the justice league movie who are non white
Agreed. a lot of the time the JL is either six white people and 1 minority, i don't think that represents America as well as it did when the JL was first created.

I say Momoa should be cast as Aquaman and i think they should either have a black Hal Jordan (because he's the superior Green Lantern) or John Stewart . Cyborg, a black GL, and a Hawaiian/Native American Aquaman would do a lot in diversifying the team, and it would make the team a bit more appealing to more people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"