The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
James Wan‏Verified account @creepypuppet 9h9 hours ago
Merry Christmas

I'm not sure about that, as I'm sure Disney would've moved it promptly after Cameron announced Avatar 2's umpteenth delay. Right now, it's slated for May 25, 2018, 41 years to the date that the original Star Wars opened. Disney is going to tout that nostalgia horn for all its worth.
But then why did they movie The Last Jedi from what would basically be the 40th anniversary of Star Wars? They can tout the nostalgia horn all they want in December. TFA and Rogue One both proved that.

There are three reasons imo it is most likely moving. One, these movies are doing rather well in December. Secondly, The Last Jedi comes out in December this year. That is 5 months between the films. Thirdly, Infinity Wars comes out that same month.

I hope I am wrong, but after they made their intentions known with VIII, I feel like this is a matter of time. With Celebration around the corner, I expect an announcement. The rumors started in Jan that December 13 was the date. Probably common knowledge that Avatar is a ways off, if they ever get made.

Last edited:
But then why did they movie The Last Jedi from what would basically be the 40th anniversary of Star Wars? They can tout the nostalgia horn all they want in December. TFA and Rogue One both proved that.

There are three reasons imo it is most likely moving. One, these movies are doing rather well in December. Secondly, The Last Jedi comes out in December this year. That is 5 months between the films. Thirdly, Infinity Wars comes out that same month.

Oh, definitely. Disney hit a gold mine when they released TFA and Rogue One in December (and 'Last Jedi' will definitely follow), but you would figure they would've moved the Han film to December immediately after Cameron's announcement. (But they didn't.)

When a blockbuster film is moved from a prime release date, the rivals are quick to shift their schedules accordingly. (Like when Disney moved 'Jedi' from May to December 2017.)

Oh, definitely. Disney hit a gold mine when they released TFA and Rogue One in December (and 'Last Jedi' will definitely follow), but you would figure they would've moved the Han film to December immediately after Cameron's announcement. (But they didn't.)

When a blockbuster film is moved from a prime release date, the rivals are quick to shift their schedules accordingly. (Like when Disney moved 'Jedi' from May to December 2017.)

May is another important month in the Star Wars franchise. The first three Star Wars films were released in May and were arguably the most successful trilogy in Star Wars lore.

I thought Disney's live action Mary Poppins has a December 2018 release, or has that changed? Its hard to keep uo sometimes

Apparently the release date for Aquaman is getting pushed back again

The move to Dec 2018 is perfect. No strong competition, big opening and longer legs because of holidays.

May is another important month in the Star Wars franchise. The first three Star Wars films were released in May and were arguably the most successful trilogy in Star Wars lore.

Absolutely, no denying that. The point being, Disney could release future SW films any month of the year (save September) and still clean up at the box office. That's how powerful the brand is now.

Getting a prime December date is a good sign for Aquaman.

How in the world is there no Star Wars film next December? I thought we were getting one every year.

Aquaman pushing it all the way to Christmas 2018 actually is pretty smart because no competition at the box office and not to mention people will line up just to watch it too but also because when is the last time a CBM ever came out on Christmas?

How in the world is there no Star Wars film next December? I thought we were getting one every year.

Han Solo comes out in May of next year.

IppcQPJ.gif

Oh my gosh this is going to be sah good!!!!

Definitely looking forward more to see this movie now after seeing Momoa in action as Aquaman

That will definitely make him a crowd pleaser.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/394009-imax-and-wb-announce-vr-deal-for-justice-league-and-aquaman#/slide/1

IMAX and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment today announced a new virtual reality co-financing and production agreement to develop and release three premium, interactive VR experiences based on some of Warner Bros. Pictures’ highly-anticipated upcoming blockbuster films, including Justice League, Aquaman and a third experience that has yet to be announced. The companies plan to launch one experience each year – beginning with Justice League VR in late 2017 – with all to receive an exclusive window in IMAX VR centres before being made available to other VR platforms, including in-home and mobile offerings.

“It’s fitting that with IMAX and Warner Bros.’ shared history of launching Hollywood movies in IMAX theatres, today we’re entering into our first studio deal to bring original VR content to the multiplex,” said IMAX Corp. CEO Richard L. Gelfond. “A key component of our vision for VR is to help usher in the first wave of high-end blockbuster-based content. Justice League and Aquaman feature some of the most beloved characters on the planet, providing iconic properties to launch this effort. This type of premium content will introduce audiences to virtual reality in standalone and multiplex-based IMAX VR centres as well as other platforms.”

“We are excited to be partnering with IMAX to develop and deliver premium VR experiences, and believe that capitalizing on Justice League and Aquaman characters from our well-known DC properties will broaden the appeal of this fast growing technology,” said Ron Sanders, President, Warner Bros. Worldwide Home Entertainment Distribution. “Using content and characters from these upcoming films and incorporating creative direction from some of Hollywood’s most innovative filmmakers will help us to bring a groundbreaking experience to audiences and consumers who are hungry for a cutting-edge virtual reality experience.”

That would be cool actually. Hang out with Aquaman, pat a giant squid, live under de sea and sing songs about it.

Still a video game would be even cooler

To think Nicole Kidman will be in this solo film playing his mother

I'm still kinda surprised that neither Temura Morrison nor Nicole Kidman has been confirmed as the Aqua parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"