The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
5388a0b7d6ad81d702e5578f4c50a103.jpg

I wouldn't mind a cameo, cause I really do want the DCEU to be rescued, but I can't think who would fit, short of (as already stated) Lex recruiting Black Manta to his Injustice League.

I suppose there could be a Flashback to an interaction/scene between Atlantians and Amazonians, but I don't really see anyone else needing to show up - what could any of them offer? Maybe Arthur could ask Bruce for some information at some point (there are scenes shot on the surface between Arthur & Mera who seem to be looking for something?) Bruce has the resources.

In any case, I don't want a forced cameo.

I'd be cool with a Wonder Woman cameo if they found a way to make it organic.

The people dont need to offer anything...I am sure over time the people of Atlantis or Arthur would have run into people.

That said I dont want cameos. They can mention people if they like but leave this story to itself.

After Credits scene connecting to DCEU, like Waller reading a file on Black Manta.

I think we’ll definitely see Luthor recruiting Black Manta for the legion of doom.
That would be a smart way to play it for future movies.imo

Focus on making good solo movies that stand on their own.
Build the legion in after credits scenes.
Make it the one thing connecting this for awhile.

I always wanted the villains to be what caused the creation of the Justice League so that could work. That said I hate post credit scenes...

I was chatting with the director of Furious 7 and the upcoming Aquaman when the subject of DC’s rival studio came up. Some context: Aquaman has long been considered one of the toughest characters to pull off cinematically after decades of being mocked in pop culture. So I pointed out to Wan that once Marvel made a talking raccoon in 2014’s Guardians of the Galaxy into a hit character (as in the Bradley Cooper-voiced Rocket), that getting audiences to take Aquaman seriously must have suddenly seemed far more doable for DC. Then the Australian director pointed out something rather interesting.

“I actually think the most incredible thing [Marvel] did is making Captain America and Thor accessible to the mainstream — especially outside of the United States,” Wan said. “The moment you can make a character called ‘Captain America’ work in Russia and China, then anything is possible.”

Indeed, it’s one thing to try and sell the stars-and-stripes-clad Captain America worldwide post-World War II after the comics became a hit and quite another to do it today. Yet Captain America: Civil War had one of the all-time biggest box office openings in China’s history. The films’ titles don’t always stay the same, however — like Captain America: The Winter Soldier was The First Avenger: The Other War in Russia.

Wan also pointed out that despite the rigors of creating his film within a larger cinematic universe, his DC and Warner Bros. bosses allowed him to make the film uniquely his own — something he required before agreeing to do the job.

“I told them that I understand and respect that Aquaman is part of a bigger universe but at the end of the day I have to tell the story I want to tell and want to develop the character because its such a big part of my life as the filmmaker behind it,” Wan says. “And that was something the studio was respectful about.”
http://ew.com/movies/2018/07/09/marvel-james-wan-captain-america/

^well
I’m in love with everything that I’m seeing there.

So happy Aquaman will be in his traditional colors.

That Black Manta suit is hnghhh.

I'm not so sure about the classic suit though.

The Aquaman suit is next level.

Black Manta looks amazing.

Last edited:
IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL!!
hell_yes.gif

If this is indicative of what the costume will look like in live action . San Diego Comic Con can't come fast enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"