The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It opens around Fallout and I usually cannot find time and energy or I'm in the office too often to just keep running to cinema every week. If it wasn't for Fallout I'd go but between this and Fallout I choose the latter

Also it is kinda a slap across the face for the fans here. Spoilers are everywhere and you will accidentally see them even if you are trying to avoid them
Fallout is gonna be awesome and definitely looks better than AT&W, so I don't blame you. AT&W is good, but kind of a passive experience. Hopefully Aquaman can pull through with its quality since there's going to be a lot of competition on the same date. I feel like Disney is trying to make it bomb by putting Mary Poppins so close to it and Bumblebee also has a good amount of buzz behind it, so it's gonna be tough. I'd rather WB movie it honestly.

I am praying for two things:

1. WB coaching Jason and Amber in PR magic
2. WB moving the film because nanny is gonna be ferocious

I'm looking around AwardsWatch and I don't know whether to cry or laugh that they aren't predicting the movie for any Oscar noms

At this point it would have to be insanely botched not to get in for special effects and production design. This is the first of its kind, that whole underwater thing on such scale.

why are they opening this around Christmas? I'd love if it was opened in Thanksgiving or even August. August has 0 box office competition for it.

I think this film will open earlier. Question is: October or November?

Any news beyond Mary Poppins being moved to the same date as Aquaman?

They cannot open much earlier. They are still working on the movie. I think Johns was worried recently if it's gonna be done in time.

Below is a fin-tastic exclusive new photo from director James Wan’s upcoming Aquaman movie.

This is the royal palace of the Fisherman King, one of the seven kingdoms of Atlantis depicted in the upcoming live-action DC movie starring Jason Momoa:

In this scene, King Orm (Patrick Wilson, not shown) has gone to the Fisherman King (played by Djimon Hounsou, that guy with the trident — and more on that in a minute) to enlist his help to declare war on the ocean-polluting surface world. There’s also the Fisherman Queen (Natalia Safran) and Princess (Sophia Forrest) on the left, and a royal guard on the right. Though you can’t tell in this shot, all of them have tails instead of legs.

“After the fall of Atlantis, some of the kingdoms evolved and some devolved,” explains producer Peter Safran. “This is one that evolved. This is a kingdom that’s primarily artistic and cerebral, with poets and philosophers.” (Perhaps, but they still look like they’d be yummy with lemon and tartar sauce!).

(Fun fact on Hounsou: EW recently broke that he’s also playing the Wizard in DC’s upcoming Shazam! film, plus he also plays the Kree mercenary Korath the Pursuer in Guardians of the Galaxy).

Djimon Hounsou pulling double duty in the DC universe.

Good lord, why does everything about this movie look so good?

Djimon Hounsou pulling double duty in the DC universe.

He's pretty lucky. He also got to portray Papa Midnite, Korath and voice Black Panther!

One of the few actors getting to play a variety of comic book characters. :woot:

That really is pretty cool.

This movie will at least be a visual treat.

I am so worried my eyes won't take all of this and will just give up halfway through the trailer :funny:

That's a great shot. I can't wait till the trailer premiere.

Having other races of Mer-people is a great touch, there's so much world building going on in this film.

I would love if they just dropped Aquaman in October.

Having other races of Mer-people is a great touch, there's so much world building going on in this film.
Right?
I can’t wait to see the crab people and the trench.

This movie is gonna be incredible as far as visuals and world building.
I have faith that it will be incredible all around honestly :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"