The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liam has a rugged look that would definitely serve Aquaman well.

The guy who's having the dishonor of marrying Hannah Montana? Sure, why not.

Liam Hemsworth could be a good choice.
It's just that I see some possible equation as Appian Way are producing the film. I'm sure Leonardo DiCaprio wants a role here, but people may think he starts to become too old for the hero. Then I see the villain Ocean Master as something for him to play.
OM is Aquaman's older brother. Then Rhys Wakefield could be AC, as the two could pass as siblings. And VOILA, we have our Aquaman movie! Call Spielberg and tell him that the two biggest roles have been cast :woot:

Go back and see how Leo looked mid-90s. Don't you agree on the similarities?
Otherwise, I think Gallagher and DiCaprio could be believable as brothers too.

Ah, my post was impossible to reply to? I did really catch you all there ;)

I originally wanted Gerard Butler as Aurthur, but his age is probably an issue now. I could also see Kiefer Sutherland, but once again...

I say we get Nikolaj-Coster Waldau for Arthur. I think he could pull it off.

Just got to say do we really want this?
If we are narrow-minded and don't imagine this film already made, with Avatar-esque visuals and a good story, then no.
I hope Leonardo De Caprio will play Ocean Master, with either Gallagher, Wakefield or Zac Efron as the villain's younger brother.

I want to see Leo's villain turn in Django first.

Wait, so you want them to play Aquaman?
I wouldn't exactly rage all over my town if one of them become Aquaman, if you know what I mean? ;)

Now to all you people out there: should the film deal with how human civilization has caused damage on our world during the last century(-ies)?
Are the atlanteans angry at us? Do they want to whipe us out?

Waldau seems like an interesting choice, but those other proposed candidates for Aquaman don't sit well.

I was just looking at this vid of how if you introduce black light/ ultra violet light to tonic water or highlighter soaked water, the water glows. I think that could be a neat solution for Aquaman to be able to control. Like when he controls water it glows.

He doesn't control water. At all.

Being able to pick up a 10 story building, being able to call freaky giant creatures from the deep, and a weapon forged by the Gods should be enough.

"After the loss of his left hand, Aquaman initially replaced it with a cybernetic retractable hook, then a cybernetic hand. The mechanical hand was replaced by a magical hand made out of water given to him by the Lady of the Lake, which grants Aquaman numerous abilities, including but not limited to: the ability to dehydrate anyone he touches with it, killing them instantly; the ability to change the shape and density of the hand; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citing_sourcesthe ability to shoot jets of scalding water; healing abilities; the ability to create portals into mystical dimensions; the ability to communicate with the Lady of the Lake through the waterbearer hand; and the ability to nullify magic.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citing_sourcesAquaman also has the ability to control water and make it any shape with his own will. However this has been portrayed rarely and has not been seen in The New 52, DC's 2011 relaunch."

"After the loss of his left hand, Aquaman initially replaced it with a cybernetic retractable hook, then a cybernetic hand. The mechanical hand was replaced by a magical hand made out of water given to him by the Lady of the Lake, which grants Aquaman numerous abilities, including but not limited to: the ability to dehydrate anyone he touches with it, killing them instantly; the ability to change the shape and density of the hand; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citing_sourcesthe ability to shoot jets of scalding water; healing abilities; the ability to create portals into mystical dimensions; the ability to communicate with the Lady of the Lake through the waterbearer hand; and the ability to nullify magic.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citing_sourcesAquaman also has the ability to control water and make it any shape with his own will. However this has been portrayed rarely and has not been seen in The New 52, DC's 2011 relaunch."

Yes we know about this and yes many of us have actually read this story. The article is misleading, very few of those things happen with frequency. He currently does not have this power and honestly incorporating it into film would be silly to do at this point.

The point is those things happened, he could do them.

So being able to make tridents, shields, spikes, etc, out of water is silly, but having a guy who looks like a gay stripper parading around talking to fish isn't? REALLY

While the Water Bearer story was great, and probably the best the character has ever been in my opinion, it's the sorta thing you have to build up to. Fact is, and I think you're missing this key point, he wasn't any more popular when he had those powers than he was before. So, you know, Hawkman of the sea isn't a guaranteed come up for the character.

Right now, his books selling better than it has in years. You know why? Decent writing. Quite frankly, that's all you really need. Not gimmicks. No powers out of nowhere.

So being able to make tridents, shields, spikes, etc, out of water is silly, but having a guy who looks like a gay stripper parading around talking to fish isn't? REALLY

You don't like Aquaman. We get it.

The point is those things happened, he could do them.

You just say things to say them, don't you?

Aquaman hate is annoying, like Ant-Man hate, i'm an Aquaman fan for a year, since the release of the new 52, the guy's a badass, i see more potencial in his film than in a film for the Flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"