The All New and Improved Batman Reboot Casting Thread

He is very busy though so i doubt it. Maybe they can approach him but the chances are low since he has like 5 projects in production plus that gladiator sequel on pre production. That's why I think they'll probably go with Austin Butler for Dent.
17080_original.jpg

He looks a lot like Austin here

Honestly, you guys are going WAY too young with Dent.

If anything, he should probably be slightly older than Rob, not 5-10 years younger.

He is supposed to be the youngest D.A. and should be the same age as Bruce not as Rob. Remember that Rob is playing a Batman in his early 30s while he is almost a 37 year old man.

He is supposed to be the youngest D.A. and should be the same age as Bruce not as Rob. Remember that Rob is playing a Batman in his early 30s while he is almost a 37 year old man.
And based on a quick google search, the average age of a D.A. is 46 and the youngest district attorney in a major US city was 34.

So… I’m still thinking we should aim slightly older.

Why? The whole Bruce Wayne-Harvey Dent friendship thing is barely even explored in the comics. It doesn't even exist in the Long Halloween comics. Harvey Dent could be 40 in that and it wouldn't change a thing.

And based on a quick google search, the average age of a D.A. is 46 and the youngest district attorney in a major US city was 34.

this is a fictional universe though

Why? The whole Bruce Wayne-Harvey Dent friendship thing is barely even explored in the comics. It doesn't even exist in the Long Halloween comics. Harvey Dent could be 40 in that and it wouldn't change a thing.
the Bruce-Harv relation since childhood is something that would be fresh and new. In the long Halloween and in Year One Bruce and Harvey are nearly the same age (early 30s)

the Bruce-Harv relation since childhood is something that would be fresh and new. In the long Halloween and in Year One Bruce and Harvey are nearly the same age (early 30s)
They are but they never did anything with that to consider it essential.

To be fair, Gotham City’s Mayor Reál (Jayme Lawson) is only 25.

To be fair, Gotham City’s Mayor Reál (Jayme Lawson) is only 25.
Exactly, if there is a mayor in her 20s why can't there be a D.A in his early 30s. And that's the thing about Harvey, he must feel special and different from the rest of all the people in office.

What are your suggestions for clayface?
David Dastmalchian, Elizabeth Moss, Ebon Moss-Bachrach, Bill Skarsgard. Off the top of my head but Clayface by design literally is a character who can almost be played by anyone.

Either of those guys would kill it. No matter which version they went with.

If Reeves were to go Fantastical I'd want something like Alec Ross' rendition of him.

d5oebqk-d00fa6ab-6892-43b1-b034-f097beeb83b6.jpg

Last edited:

If Reeves were to go Fantastical I'd want something like Alec Ross' rendition of him.

he wouldn't go fantastical I'm fully sure of that

Chances are no, but in the small chance that he would, that's the design I'd go for.

I dunno, it looks a little too Doctor Who Zygon to me.

I think you kinda need to take out the very human looking outline to it, it makes it look too much like a guy in a suit in that way. It needs to be more of an amorphous blob

I’d look at Carpenter’s The Thing, The Blob ‘88, and Slither for influence on the Clayface design

he wouldn't go fantastical I'm fully sure of that
There is absolutely zero purpose in doing a non-fantastical Clayface. Reeves has made it pretty clear IMO that he isn't enforcing any sort of code of ultra-realism. Both of the villains he's alluded to for the sequel are fantastical.

Anyway, Rami Malek could definitely be good. Would love him to get some post-BoRhap redemption.

There is absolutely zero purpose in doing a non-fantastical Clayface. Reeves has made it pretty clear IMO that he isn't enforcing any sort of code of ultra-realism. Both of the villains he's alluded to for the sequel are fantastical.

Anyway, Rami Malek could definitely be good. Would love him to get some post-BoRhap redemption.
... When? There's quite literally an entire featurette in the behind the scenes Blu Ray where the VFX and costume department talked about having a crisis because of how even the concept of "gliding cape" felt too out there for what Matt's vision is and how it took them months to figure out how to make the glider work.

How has he eluded to fantastical villains? The movie itself only really teased Hush and more mobsters like Maroni. Even when Reeves entertained the idea of Freeze in a hypothetical scenario, he stressed the idea of grounding him.

There’s TOO much evidence of Reeves favouring realism heavily over fantastical to claim this

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"