Arrow The Amanda Waller/Cynthia Addai Robinson Thread

Surprised they never had her on screen with Bennett.

Ray needs work, but I honestly feel like the flashback stuff is the most flawed. It's like 1/4 of each episode and I just don't give a **** about it. And the flashbacks in S2 were so good.

Yeah the flashbacks are terrible. Every time one comes up, I'm just like, "Oh no, this again?!" Katana is cool but the rest of it is so weak.

You drama queens are ruining joy.

LOL.

I thought the last Waller/Oliver scene was great. It's not often they allow Amanda to show any vulnerability so that was a plus. I liked when she dropped the gun. She also still looked pretty good despite beaten up :hmr:

Surprised they never had her on screen with Bennett.

tumblr_n6trithG6T1tyxw0wo3_250.gif

tumblr_n6trithG6T1tyxw0wo4_r1_250.gif

tumblr_n6trithG6T1tyxw0wo6_r1_250.gif

I would really like to see that. They work really well together. I just wonder if they'd be able to get through a scene together without giggling. I mean they've seen each other naked and touched body parts.

They could go somewhere with Waller and Slade, and not just in a fan service way but organically; I want to know why she was so freaked out when she found out Slade was still alive.

Honestly, this kind of reeks of last minute rewrite, to me. The flashback plot is ongoing all season, and then out of the blue the Real True Villain pops up, who is. . . this random dude you never met before, had never been foreshadowed, and has an Evil Scheme that makes not a lick of sense? If I were conspiracy-minded, I'd say "WB execs insisted on Amanda Waller being *ahem* white-washed, prior to the Suicide Squad movie."

This isn't the last we're seeing of Amanda, is it? Because otherwise, their confrontation in the present last season - where she assumed that Oliver very much wanted to kill her - doesn't make sense.

This isn't the last we're seeing of Amanda, is it? Because otherwise, their confrontation in the present last season - where she assumed that Oliver very much wanted to kill her - doesn't make sense.

I immediately thought of that after she tells him to run, hoping they'll see each again one day. In 2x16 she says to Oliver is "Still mad at me?" and "Who do you want to kill more than me?"

I guess you could argue that despite their last moments, she still treated him like crap, but it was a rather ambiguous send off for such a character.

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/are-dea...table-for-arrow-marc-guggenheim-answers/23241
On a similar note, Amanda Waller’s absence in Arrow has already begun to be felt, with the character making only sporadic appearances in comparison to what fans might have expected from the Hong Kong teaser at the end of Season 2.

AR223a_0327b.jpg-fe81d09a-t3-300x199.jpg

“Amanda’s not off the table, either,” he confirmed. “Cynthia is wonderful. She’s a great actress. The challenge that we had with her this season was that she was first on a show called Texas Rising, and then once that finished, she went over to a movie called The Accountant, and Arrow was always in second position because she’s not a series regular. So, you probably felt us working around her availability. But we love her, and we have a story idea for her for Season 4. Anything’s possible.”

I hope the story idea they have is a good one.

http://comicbook.com/2015/05/09/arrows-stephen-amell-says-any-dc-tv-show-could-crossover-reveals/

Amell replied, “As of right now, the movie universe and the television universe are very, very separate. I mean we’ve seen Ezra Miller, who’s going to play The Flash in one of the upcoming films, and even on the Suicide Squad, we have a whole slew of characters that are now representing the Suicide Squad. And the Suicide Squad is at least for the foreseeable future is not going to be featured on Arrow. So we’re keeping those universes separate.”

I don't think we'll be seeing her anytime soon. They basically wrote the SS/ARGUS out of the story this year. Both present and flashbacks. Deadshot killed off, Waller's sudden exit in the flashbacks, Lyla quit ARGUS

To the contrary, she was the main villain of the flashback storyline. Until she suddenly, randomly, wasn't.

To the contrary, she was the main villain of the flashback storyline. Until she suddenly, randomly, wasn't.

I'll be surprised if we ever see her again, honestly.

Talking about the Suicide Squad movie. I enjoy her enthusiasm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7H3oYu3Lno

tumblr_nwubffT7571tyxw0wo1_250.gif
tumblr_nwubffT7571tyxw0wo2_250.gif

tumblr_nwubffT7571tyxw0wo3_r1_250.gif
tumblr_nwubffT7571tyxw0wo4_r1_250.gif

tumblr_nwubffT7571tyxw0wo5_r1_250.gif
tumblr_nwubffT7571tyxw0wo6_r1_250.gif

Marc confirmed we will be seeing more of Waller in season four. Looking forward to what they have in store with this character. I'm really happy they can still use her on Arrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejNL1vJtp6U

ARROW’s Cynthia Addai Robinson talks Season 4, magic and Stephen Amell’s wig!

Cynthia would love to get in on the action (she had special forces training for her role in Spartacus) She really liked her scene with Emily in episode 221 (where Felicity geeks out over A.R.G.U.S.’s advanced computers) as she loved meeting and working with Emily, doing a lighter scene for a change.

Agent Waller’s major presence in the DC universe gives her character the potential to cross-over into other DC shows – and Cynthia is ready!
Cynthia is in a couple of episodes so far this season. It seems she’s only shot flashbacks so far. When season 3 ended with Waller being shot, Cynthia really thought that was the end for her character. We are so glad she wasn’t killed off!

Cynthia doesn’t know if Waller will be handing the A.R.G.U.S. leadership over to Lyla.

She’d love to be able to see more of Waller’s background explored on the show, but it would be difficult with the other new characters and new villains constantly being introduced. It’s also unlikely that we will see much of the suicide squad this season, as producers will want to keep things separate from the new movie coming out.

Plus actor availability is a major factor. I for one would love to see a Waller-centric episode! Cynthia would love a scene where her character smiled, or had a glass of wine and let her bun down! But it has to make sense within the story.

Stephen Amell is fun to work with and gives Cynthia the lowdown on what’s happened in the show each time she returns, as she doesn’t get the scripts in-between.

Cynthia’s favourite scenes are when she gets to shoot a gun, such as at the end of Season 3, and anytime there are more of the cast in the scene e.g. in episode 221.
I concur about getting Waller in the action. You've got a Spartacus alumni, use it.

cynthia-addai-robinson-spartacus-war-of-the-damned.jpg

If they can still use Waller then would it kill them to show her active in the present or give some explanation as to why she hasn't been seen or heard from since last year's Suicide Squad episode (and she was gone 99% of that Season when it came to its present day story-line)?

For me she was the best part of season 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI1gXcDUNEk

If they can still use Waller then would it kill
them to show her active in the present or give some explanation as to why she hasn't been seen or heard from since last year's Suicide Squad episode (and she was gone 99% of that Season when it came to its present day story-line)?

Hoping the next time we see her its a meaty part, preferably in the present as the flashbacks are redundant now. The last time she had a sizable amount of screen time was 2x16 and she has grown so much more into the role since than.

I wonder how they will tackle her backstory, should they do a Waller centric episode. I really hope there's no death of a loved one, Arrow has done that with basically every character.

I am glad that they can still use her. She is a great character and Cynthia is doing a very good job IMO. She is such a ruthless character that you could easily forget that she is on the good guys side. I love Waller in the comics too and I am happy to see her being portrayed well on the show.

I mean ARGUS and Waller should be doing more to stop these "Ghost" from invading SC....Unless it all behind the scene stuff they are doing a bad job since they were concern about Slade and Mirarku

I guess Lyla is the closest thing we have as a Amanda Waller role until we actually Amanda Waller in the present day again.

I mean ARGUS and Waller should be doing more to stop these "Ghost" from invading SC....Unless it all behind the scene stuff they are doing a bad job since they were concern about Slade and Mirarku

I guess Lyla is the closest thing we have as a Amanda Waller role until we actually Amanda Waller in the present day again.

Right. These ghosts are far more dangerous than Slade and his Mirakuru soldiers, so where is ARGUS?

NEW SUICIDE SQUAD #17
Written by TIM SEELEY
Art and cover by JUAN FERREYRA
On sale FEBRUARY 10 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+
Gothamites Tim Seeley (GRAYSON, BATMAN ETERNAL) and Juan Ferreyra (GOTHAM BY MIDNIGHT, BATMAN ETERNAL) visit the dark and unspeakably violent world of the Suicide Squad for a thrilling new storyline that begins here! Indentured super villain Harley Quinn has made covert contact with someone outside the walls of Belle Reve prison—and this mysterious savior has discovered the secrets of Amanda Waller and Task Force X.
1447713445568.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"