The Amanda Waller/Cynthia Addai Robinson Thread

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by p4poetic, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Surprised they never had her on screen with Bennett.

2. Rowsdower! Registered

Yeah the flashbacks are terrible. Every time one comes up, I'm just like, "Oh no, this again?!" Katana is cool but the rest of it is so weak.

3. p4poetic Registered

LOL.

I thought the last Waller/Oliver scene was great. It's not often they allow Amanda to show any vulnerability so that was a plus. I liked when she dropped the gun. She also still looked pretty good despite beaten up :hmr:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would really like to see that. They work really well together. I just wonder if they'd be able to get through a scene together without giggling. I mean they've seen each other naked and touched body parts.

They could go somewhere with Waller and Slade, and not just in a fan service way but organically; I want to know why she was so freaked out when she found out Slade was still alive.

4. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Honestly, this kind of reeks of last minute rewrite, to me. The flashback plot is ongoing all season, and then out of the blue the Real True Villain pops up, who is. . . this random dude you never met before, had never been foreshadowed, and has an Evil Scheme that makes not a lick of sense? If I were conspiracy-minded, I'd say "WB execs insisted on Amanda Waller being *ahem* white-washed, prior to the Suicide Squad movie."

5. Boy Scout Registered

This isn't the last we're seeing of Amanda, is it? Because otherwise, their confrontation in the present last season - where she assumed that Oliver very much wanted to kill her - doesn't make sense.

6. p4poetic Registered

I immediately thought of that after she tells him to run, hoping they'll see each again one day. In 2x16 she says to Oliver is "Still mad at me?" and "Who do you want to kill more than me?"

I guess you could argue that despite their last moments, she still treated him like crap, but it was a rather ambiguous send off for such a character.

7. p4poetic Registered

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/are-dea...table-for-arrow-marc-guggenheim-answers/23241
    I hope the story idea they have is a good one.

8. trd84 Registered

http://comicbook.com/2015/05/09/arrows-stephen-amell-says-any-dc-tv-show-could-crossover-reveals/

I don't think we'll be seeing her anytime soon. They basically wrote the SS/ARGUS out of the story this year. Both present and flashbacks. Deadshot killed off, Waller's sudden exit in the flashbacks, Lyla quit ARGUS

9. cheungcheung Registered

Amanda has been pointless this season

10. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

To the contrary, she was the main villain of the flashback storyline. Until she suddenly, randomly, wasn't.

11. Joined:
    Dec 27, 2012
    I'll be surprised if we ever see her again, honestly.

12. p4poetic Registered

I'm guessing they had to switch gears when Cynthia became unavailable.

13. p4poetic Registered

Talking about the Suicide Squad movie. I enjoy her enthusiasm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7H3oYu3Lno

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Marc confirmed we will be seeing more of Waller in season four. Looking forward to what they have in store with this character. I'm really happy they can still use her on Arrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejNL1vJtp6U

I concur about getting Waller in the action. You've got a Spartacus alumni, use it.

[​IMG]

14. Boy Scout Registered

They can still use Waller. Good.

15. herolee10 No More Miracles

If they can still use Waller then would it kill them to show her active in the present or give some explanation as to why she hasn't been seen or heard from since last year's Suicide Squad episode (and she was gone 99% of that Season when it came to its present day story-line)?

16. p4poetic Registered

For me she was the best part of season 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI1gXcDUNEk

Hoping the next time we see her its a meaty part, preferably in the present as the flashbacks are redundant now. The last time she had a sizable amount of screen time was 2x16 and she has grown so much more into the role since than.

I wonder how they will tackle her backstory, should they do a Waller centric episode. I really hope there's no death of a loved one, Arrow has done that with basically every character.

17. Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

I am glad that they can still use her. She is a great character and Cynthia is doing a very good job IMO. She is such a ruthless character that you could easily forget that she is on the good guys side. I love Waller in the comics too and I am happy to see her being portrayed well on the show.

18. Arrowshieldfan Registered

I mean ARGUS and Waller should be doing more to stop these "Ghost" from invading SC....Unless it all behind the scene stuff they are doing a bad job since they were concern about Slade and Mirarku

I guess Lyla is the closest thing we have as a Amanda Waller role until we actually Amanda Waller in the present day again.

19. p4poetic Registered

Right. These ghosts are far more dangerous than Slade and his Mirakuru soldiers, so where is ARGUS?

20. luis4u Registered

NEW SUICIDE SQUAD #17
    Written by TIM SEELEY
    Art and cover by JUAN FERREYRA
    On sale FEBRUARY 10 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+
    Gothamites Tim Seeley (GRAYSON, BATMAN ETERNAL) and Juan Ferreyra (GOTHAM BY MIDNIGHT, BATMAN ETERNAL) visit the dark and unspeakably violent world of the Suicide Squad for a thrilling new storyline that begins here! Indentured super villain Harley Quinn has made covert contact with someone outside the walls of Belle Reve prison—and this mysterious savior has discovered the secrets of Amanda Waller and Task Force X. [​IMG]

21. luis4u Registered

Weird

22. p4poetic Registered

23. p4poetic Registered