Arrow Arrow 3x17 "Suicidal Tendencies

Indeed. He's not dead, I can almost guarantee it.

Yeah, seriously. If Oliver can survive getting stabbed through the chest and falling one thousand feet onto rocks while shirtless in what was probably sub-zero temperatures, then Deadshot can survive standing on a rooftop while ONE floor of a building explodes below him.

Yeah, seriously. If Oliver can survive getting stabbed through the chest and falling one thousand feet onto rocks while shirtless in what was probably sub-zero temperatures, then Deadshot can survive standing on a rooftop while ONE floor of a building explodes below him.

I think one of the writers confirmed that he cannot be used because of the movie.

Then again apparently Sara couldn't survive getting pointy objects to the chest, falling from a much smaller height. Moira apparently couldn't survive a sword to the chest. The show is really inconsistent with what's survivable or not. It's whatever is convenient for the plot at that particular moment, there's no real rhythm or reason for it.

And the "movie" thing is still dumb since apparently Flash can be used in both places. Flash>>>>>Deadshot, at least in terms of audience recognition.

Where's the confirmation for this?

Marc confirmed this himself

ogteamarrow asked:
I seriously think your casting is the best out there because you guys casted Audrey Marie Henderson and Michael Rowe as Lyla and Deadshot. I have my doubts Deadshot is actually dead so is there any chance Lyla and Deadshot could be regulars next season?

First, thanks for the kind words. I agree with you, our casting people — in Los Angeles and Vancouver — are the best.
Unfortunately, Deadshot is off the table for the nonce.

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

It doesn't even matter if he's dead - either way, he's off limits for Arrow for the forseeable future.

Pretty damn lame.I'm beginning to worry if the Flash series has an expiration date to coincide with the movie's release.

Like I thought, Deadshot is a goner. They can't use Harley nor Ted Kord either because of the movies, so Waller could be next. Now the bigger question is, will Wally end up replacing Barry on the show before the release of The Flash movie in 2018?

I am pretty sure they don't have to worry about that. WB is stupid with their embargos but they won't cancel an entire show for a movie that will be out while the show is on hiatus in the first place.

Arrow could use S.H.A.D.E. to replace Waller and the SS, their version of Waller sucks anyway.

Pretty damn lame.I'm beginning to worry if the Flash series has an expiration date to coincide with the movie's release.

Well you'd think it wouldn't be affected but this is WB/DC, who just forced Arrow to write off a guy who appears two or three times a season because of a movie not coming out until two months before Arrow starts its 5th season

Arrow could use S.H.A.D.E. to replace Waller and the SS, their version of Waller sucks anyway.

Well, they are bringing in HIVE and Damien Dhark at the end of this season for next season, which could potentially lead to Vandal Savage, so they may well be trying to get Waller/ARGUS out of the picture.

Last edited:
It would be a pity if they get rid of Waller. She is a very good character IMO.

I think Waller has a lot of story potential. That being said, Diggle's wife just quit ARGUS so I suspect Waller is done too after Ollie leaves Hong Kong.

That being said, they were smart enough to keep Deadshot's death ambiguous so, if DC and WB change their minds, they can bring them back.

It would be a pity if they get rid of Waller. She is a very good character IMO.

Please don't take this as an offense since that's not my intent, but I think you're the first poster that I've seen on this board say that about this version of Waller on "Arrow".

Please don't take this as an offense since that's not my intent, but I think you're the first poster that I've seen on this board say that about this version of Waller on "Arrow".

Out of interest, why don't you like her? I think she is serving her part well in making Oliver a ruthless, merciless and unrelenting killer. She is a character that is believable as both a goodguy/ant-hero and a full blown villain. She is a bit similar to Ra's in a way as she is seeking justice and will achieve it by any means necessary, by hook or by crook. She also makes you question her motives and what really drives her to do what she does. Does she really want justice? Or does she just enjoy the thrill of power and what it entails?

Last edited:
Wow, so does this mean no more Slade Wilson? I dont get it man, Geoff Johns was all like "we keep the movies and tv separate because we dont want to limit the creativity on tv" yet there are still all these embargos? How does that make sense??

I've got the episode now on as I didn't watch it when it aired. Am I the only one whose mind, when Maseo said "one falls, two more rise" thought "hail Hydra"? :oldrazz:

I think if the Flash makes them good money in the international side of things, it'll fine. That's why Smallville lasted so long. Good ratings for the CW, mad money from international sales.

How that affects which characters can be used though, is another issue...

Out of interest, why don't you like her? I think she is serving her part well in making Oliver a ruthless, merciless and unrelenting killer. She is a character that is believable as both a goodguy/ant-hero and a full blown villain. She is a bit similar to Ra's in a way as she is seeking justice and will achieve it by any means necessary, by hook or by crook. She also makes you question her motives and what really drives her to do what she does. Does she really want justice? Or does she just enjoy the thrill of power and what it entails?

Actually, I just feel indifferent about her character. But I haven't seen anyone say anything nice or positive about the character as she's currently shown on "Arrow".

There is just no subtlety to the character. She's basically in constant unlikable b**ch mode. Every solution to a problem is to basically blow it up. Oh, some rich guy is in possession of poison gas, blow up the whole building with all guests still inside. Mirakuru thugs are loose, blow up the whole city, even though all you would have needed are a handful grenades and armor piercing rounds. Deadshot could have solo'd them. China White is on her way to Hong Kong, in order to steal/sell some super virus? Blow up an entire plane full of civilians, instead of getting a sniper to take her down at the airport. It's like she uses every single chance to cause as much collateral damage as possible.

Don't know if this was already mentioned as I haven't read through this thread. But the Republic of Kasnia is the state which Wonder Woman visited in the Justice League episode "Maid of Honor". Vandal Savage took control of it after marrying Princess Audrey of Kasnia. Then WW and Batman had to stop him.

Odd that they should pick this same place for this episode.

Wow, so does this mean no more Slade Wilson? I dont get it man, Geoff Johns was all like "we keep the movies and tv separate because we dont want to limit the creativity on tv" yet there are still all these embargos? How does that make sense??

I think we'll definitely see Slade again, they probably just want to give it some time before they give him a big role again. The embargos make absolutely no f***ing sense to me, they're so freakin inconsistent, so they can't have Blue Beetle, because the films allegedly have some small role in mind for him that probably won't amount to more than an hour total screentime in the entire DCCU, but an entire show about the Flash, a major JL member who's going to get his own film(probably films) is fine? I'm betting Slade will be another exception fortunately.

I've got the episode now on as I didn't watch it when it aired. Am I the only one whose mind, when Maseo said "one falls, two more rise" thought "hail Hydra"? :oldrazz:

Yeah, the writers need to be more consistent. It's Batman they're ripping off, not Captain America, dammit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"