The Amanda Waller/Cynthia Addai Robinson Thread

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by p4poetic, Mar 20, 2014.

1. zenith16 Registered

yeah I've been doing a lot of think with the way she was written and I told this to my youngest sister that likes the show but questions it alot her self at times and she agree's. I sorry but ever want to see arrow's version of the Huntress ever again

I had a little issue with the young justice one but she was made into a mother of both Artemis and Cheshire , but that's as mostly the age issue and I got over it eve they made her way too old . but this with making so overly nut's that she actually add in people that have nothing to do with her actual a target why she ticked off which is just what terrorist do and pure psycho.

While she was made older then she should she supposed the same age zone as Roy & night wing seeing she went to college with the latter as his girl friend. there's also the fact she did have short relation ship with Roy when he was leading the outsiders too.

[​IMG]

if the latter mentioned were ever made to be shown in the show. anyway I can get over it with the age issue .

The actress I have no issue with. she did what she was given, so there's no issue there ether with her.

but I have a issue with how the arrow's version of huntress is written. As mush as I love to have Bird of prey I don't want her to be seen ever again. but I can only speak for my self

#126 zenith16, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  2. p4poetic Registered

I thought the revenge on her father motif got a bit stale after the first episode.

3. Rowsdower! Registered

Agreed... Arrow has done a bang up job improving on some characters over their comic book counterparts (Oliver, Merlyn and especially Clock King) but their versions of Waller, Huntress and (the original) Count Vertigo were just awful. Thankfully, two of those characters likely won't be seen again.

4. Boy Scout Registered

Huntress really isn't that bad.

5. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

They really just don't give Waller enough to do and really downplay the character.

6. Nathan Registered

She's just a complete psychopath, who kills innocent people to accomplish her goal.

7. luis4u Registered

Waller was worst willing to nuked a city just get rid off a few thugs

8. zenith16 Registered

there's another verson of Ra's living in her . Anyway it's all bad when you think about it . it's happened though sadly.

9. Boy Scout Registered

You could have (and probably did) say the same things about Oliver. Huntress is fine.

10. zenith16 Registered

with Oliver he didn't add people from a public area that had nothing to do with with what happened to his dad or was o the target list his dad made . what he did was bit much but not to the same level. she didn't care who else got hurt around her and was willing to waste who ever's there they can just be walking by doi their own business & she has sniper rift and kill's them just so she'd keep shooting til she hit her evil dad of hers . won't feel sorry she hurt others . she wants kill him the get him. leave the rest of the public out it.

Like the people the club Ollies own's that's the only exampled needed. If they did that with bruce when he started off to his career to being bat man would you be ok with that? that also the only example needed too . that's the problem while huntress was/ maybe misguided when starting out But she never went that far and others that taught her always set her straight learn the lesson. she was never so far gone she just add ad that's i the room that has o idea what's going on & is midi their own business be shopping walking their pet or kid or just dancing with their girl or boy fired at a club . no this version is not fine sorry to say .

Helena problem when starting out was that she was reckless at times til it was ether pointed out to her or she see's what she's doin isn't riht before it's too late . she's not purposefully uncaring or to the point she just fire weapon does't care who it hit as long as it will eventually hit who she was after. o that she be happy she hurt others thatwere miding their own busness that cause she chose to make that place her trapping grounds.

But hey if you don't you care , "you don't care" but this with this it'll be hard for other's to sympathize when it happen's to a character that you do actually care about portrayal wise and you'd want people to understand why you don't think that was right for the character. Different takes are fine if your telling new kind of story.

But when it betrays the character completely what their all about . that's not the character at all to the fan base. if they don't want to see that version again it makes sense.

this is about understanding other's view when it comes to that.

Oh I'm not ticked off BTW. I just want this to be understood on where others or my self are coming from with this.

#135 zenith16, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  11. Boy Scout Registered

I understand perfectly well where you're coming from. It simply isn't something I'm bothered by.

12. zenith16 Registered

Well that's all that matter to me. That you understand again speaking for my self.

13. p4poetic Registered

Huntress on Arrow is just so different from comics Huntress, I think that's where the dislike/mixed reviews come from. If she was an original character and not Helena, I think people would be more receptive.

Amanda's willingness to kill so many people for the greater good is a bit too much, but at least personality is right.

I don't like how they portrayed her as a hypocrite. She tried to shame Lyla for treason that would risk thousands of lives when she was itching to press that button to make Starling a crater before she and the squad busted in lol.

I look forward to more lengthier Waller appearances.

And more of her legs and business suits.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#138 p4poetic, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  14. p4poetic Registered

15. p4poetic Registered

Amanda's present day appearance is in episode 18

http://www.etonline.com/tv/157074_a...ide_squad_episode_and_your_favorites_are_back

16. coluanprime Registered

I've grown to really enjoy Cynthia Addai-Robinson's take on Amanda. I think she recognizes that she isn't old enough to pull off the kick-ass Waller from the comics so she's gone down a different route. She plays the character with a very cold, emotionless, personality but with steel in her too. It's kind of unnerving whenever she talks b/c she comes off as a unassuming women in a business suit and then she opens her mouth and gives orders positive that she will be obeyed. It helps that Addai-Robinson has such an interesting, strong, voice too. She'd make a fantastic voice actress.

17. zenith16 Registered

I hope Diggles soon to be wife transfers to another agency if that's the case like the CBI so we can have a rival to Argus & we can have agent sarge steel & his boss help out the arrow team which they can have an agency they can trust instead someone that will uke the city. it would make the show even more interesting too to see Waller butt heads with team arrows new sponsor & not have her way.

#142 zenith16, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  18. p4poetic Registered

Don't know if Waller will be in present day in episode 14, but a flashback is confirmed.

I feel the same way, especially the last part. I love the sound of her voice. In season two she was okay, but season three she's really nailing it.

I'd like to see her guest star in the Flash. Metahumans? Basically calling her name.

19. coluanprime Registered

I agree, I've been wondering why she hasn't appeared in some capacity.

20. p4poetic Registered

Not counting Clock King, I imagine the only crossover characters they're using so far are the regulars (Felicity, Ray).

21. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

They really need to step it up with Waller, they have her as very basic and one note.

22. p4poetic Registered

Yeah so far she's still 'evil for the sake of being evil'. What's the method to her madness? Even Malcolm has his murdered wife.

I'm interested in knowing her backstory. Unless the Arrow' writers mess it up somehow.

23. herolee10 No More Miracles

If they stick true to some of the back stories that I've seen written for Waller's character, then we'll be adding yet another character to the list of characters from the CW-DCU that became who they are now as a result of losing someone that they loved in a tragic way.

24. Hypestyle Registered

.. so does she ever wear hot outfits on the show?

25. p4poetic Registered

Yes, her husband was murdered right? Something like that. In that case, I rather her be evil just for fun than to hear another story about a dead spouse on this show.

People are already upset they made her skinny and attractive, so I think they'll just stick to business suits.