• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason why they have shown current-gen footage it's because it's the one they have mostly made (they're using the TASM 1 base, so that's saves them a lot of time). But they had to announce it, this is their limit target date for it.

The next-gen isn't ready for public shows yet, that's where most of the work is going for sure.

Not much to say about the teaser other than it truly fits the word 'teaser.'

No reason to overreact at this point. Besides, this is what Activision/Beenox does...they only give you little tidbits here and there and don't reveal too much if anything, up until the game releases. I was already expecting to not receive much info or to have a 'mind blowing' trailer.

I'm still pretty 'meh' about this game. I will say though, from the description of the game it sounds like they are taking some good measures. The "get your thumbs strong" or whatever they said about the web swinging sounds a whole lot better than "here, just hold down this trigger." I also like the idea of getting either rewards or demerits for how you handle the crime in the city. And of course, the part where they said something to the effect of "having a larger NYC with more events and more crimes" certainly sounds very good.

And I wouldn't be too worried about the graphics. This game is still very much in the polishing phase so they won't have much finished work to show us at this time. I'll be waiting for the next trailer and some actual in-depth info about the gameplay and more specifically some actual gameplay footage before I get excited about this one.

From what I could see in the trailer, looks like extremely sub par graphics, other than Spideys character model, as expected. They probably aren't a big enough team to do real updates to the engine anyway. Then again Spider-Man 2 looked horrible but was insanely fun.

And no next gen version confirmed? If so, hugely disappointing.

I personally don't expect much from Beenox. They are woefully average.

It is being developed and released on next gen

I'd really for love for Josh Keaton to be voicing Spidey in this game, but they'll probably go with Sam Rigel again. I thought Sam did fine but Josh is my favorite Spidey voice, especially for a young one. His delivery is spot on.

I'd really for love for Josh Keaton to be voicing Spidey in this game, but they'll probably go with Sam Rigel again. I thought Sam did fine but Josh is my favorite Spidey voice, especially for a young one. His delivery is spot on.

:up:

Oh god, yes. He's byfar my favorite Spider-man voice actor.

As for the teaser, it's pretty cool. Enough to get me interested. I'm just REALLY hoping they work harder this time. I want minor missions that matter, stores that you can go in, a better story overall. I still think Spider-man hasn't had a game that truly lives up to his potential. I love Spider-man 2, Web of Shadows, and Ultimate Spider-man, but none of them are completely satisfying.

Uh, hi everyone ^_^

Warning: Big post. I hope I don't get in too much trouble for a big post. XD

This isn't totally related to a TASM 2 game, but Sosiska over on the Marvel Mods forum made this TASM 2 suit mod for the first TASM game and I think it's pretty neat:

88047f335885.jpg

^ That's bada$$. Is that something you can aquire for the PS3 version of the game?

As far as I'm aware it's PC only. It may be possible if you have a modded PS3, but I have no idea.

This is a PC texture mod. There's this really neat program called Texmod (more about that over here + download link too: https://code.google.com/p/texmod/).
What the program does is copies, extracts and replaces in-game textures without overwriting the original textures.
Because it can only modify textures, and because the geometry of Spidey's in-game model can't be modified this way, the only in-game model with eye frames like the TASM2 suit happens to be the Negative Zone suit.
I have most of Spidey's costume models and I plan to make boxart with them. XD

And now with a new screenshot of the TASM2 game, I can finally do that XD

I found a high-res version: http://www.comingsoon.net/nextraimages/asm2gamelarge.jpg

IGN said the game revolves around hunting down Uncle Ben's killer.

Sweet. Now they just need to say that the web-slinging will be an improved version of SM2's.

Last edited:
Yes_ye_syes.gif

That's the best damn news I've read all day. The webs attaching to buildings is amazing news, but the idea of swinging with both triggers sounds awesome! From the tweet and Beenox's previous tweet about the swinging, it sounds like right trigger is to shoot a web from your right hand and the right stick will be to direct where he fires it and the same with the left side of the controller. I'm imagining the right stick will be camera control when you dont have the trigger pressed. That sounds like so much fun. It's like what skate did with skateboarding.

I trust them after all the tweets they replied to from me and the points they brought up. I believe in them. I think that now that the swinging has been addressed(something they thought was important enough to mention in the press release) means that this game has the potential to be very very good.

I hope New York is more fleshed out though especially for the next gen version. There needs to be more variety in the city. It can't just be 100 car chases or the same types of challenges. One thing I did forget to mention is I hope that they actually let us BUILD up our swing speed with momentum. They can fix it all they want but if we still can't build up our speed by staying in motion(perhaps not leveling up....but I didn't mind the SM2 leveling up) It will be the same as automatic swinging.

The different kinds of webbing sounds cool. It's about time. Hopefully that means not just web bullets though.

Two triggers for swinging? Different webs? INVESTIGATIONAL JOURNALISM!?

Greatest Spidey game ever.

The different kinds of webbing sounds cool. It's about time. Hopefully that means not just web bullets though.

I think impact webbing is gonna be the bullets and sticky webbing is the traditional string webbing. Cryo webbing though...sounds like ice. That could be interesting.

I hope that they knock this out of the park! PLEASE! Shattered was a great attempt it just needed some tweaks. My biggest gripe is the difficulty level. In Shattered if you were at the highest level when you played as Noir you would die from one hit. That was stupid. It should be more to it. Like for example you would get prompts for Spider sense(sounds familiar...lol) All and all I am excited but I have been dissapointed so I'm not going to get my hopes to high. My main issues with Asm were the story,the swinging,the lack of things in the city,the targeting system,the lack of different types of webbing(web ball(he throws it like a baseball,web line,web bullets,thick web(like in the comics),and the more advanced Web Net(fires web in different ways creating a big cocoon(seen in the comics),and finally the combat. It wasn't bad but he could have been more acrobatic and less wrestler.

@Socool.

I think Impact might be like it is in the comics. In the comics Scarlet Spider fires it and it spreads and keeps expanding. That's a little different from web bullets. Hopefully it's like the comic. My dream is a variety of setting for the shooters similar to Infamous 2. He needs a few types to mix up the combat.

BTW...I think Beenox likes me. They always respond to me. They are great with their fans. They answered my post on facebook about the webbing with the response you quoted.

Last edited:
WEBS ATTACH TO BUILDINGS!?!?

BOTH TRIGGERS FOR WEBS LIKE SPIDER-MAN 2?!?!?

Beenox finally listened :D

Ooo, great tidbits! The webslinging sounds exactly like what we've been asking for, same for the playing as Peter Parker parts. Kingpin, too!

Something weird I noticed.. The PS1 Spidey game came out in 2000- had good reception. Sequel in 2001- Poor reception. Movie game in 2002- It's good, still can do better. 2004: Sequel- Great game, great reception. It's like a weird pattern same with Beenox's games thus far.:wow:

Anyway, ignoring the rambling: I'm hoping this is a great Spidey game.

so, what do people think about this one being about hunting down uncle ben's killer? i prefer it immensely to a bunch of cross species escaping oscorp, but i'm also concerned that it means the movies won't address it.

unless peter never finds him in this game and we get closure in a future film. but then that kind of makes the game a cop out...

ps. that teaser trailer was seriously underwhelming. do you think we will get another trailer for the VGAs?

AWESOME news. This sounds already like the best swinging system yet, they just need to introduce Web-Rush again.

Question! Spider-Man 2 had an advanced swinging option, where you could have two webs at the same time (and do things such as the "slingshot"). But did it used one button for each hand, or did it used R2 only? I remember it was just a button...

The idea of having a trigger for each Spidey hand is what I wanted since years ago, so great job Beenox!!

All those people that shelled out 200 bucks to buy the complete edition, that unlocks all heroes, are incredibly lucky. Because they got an exclusive Symbiote Spider-Man skin, voiced by Christopher Daniel Barnes.
$200? For a game advertised free?

Here we go: Webs will now attach to buildings. You can't webswing over Central Park. No more webs-in-the-skies nonsense.
https://twitter.com/BeenoxTeam/status/389201167164534784

https://twitter.com/BeenoxTeam/status/389201623441870848
I don't have as much trouble in air swinging as much as most of you do, I wish to actually have control over swinging
The rest is cool

Hope they improve the option of control setting this time, as in make it like before (USM-SD ports), last game was a huge downgrade in control setting on both the keyboard and the gamepad

And I really really hope to see the New Game+ feature

AWESOME news. This sounds already like the best swinging system yet, they just need to introduce Web-Rush again.

Question! Spider-Man 2 had an advanced swinging option, where you could have two webs at the same time (and do things such as the "slingshot"). But did it used one button for each hand, or did it used R2 only? I remember it was just a button...

The idea of having a trigger for each Spidey hand is what I wanted since years ago, so great job Beenox!!

it was primarily R2, but if you were still holding onto a webline and hit L2, it would shoot another web from spidey's other hand (was awesome for quick turns). im thinking (hoping) this is what beenox is doing for this new game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"