• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would that mean that the dev time for this game is extremely short for next gen?

Good thing about next-gen is that it's architecture (x86-64) is the same as most PCs. So porting a game from PC could be made in matter of weeks. This is the way most developers are using for their next-gen games, as it's easier.

Doubtful.

Activision, and its studios, has had their hands on the next gen dev kits for a long while now.

Beenox has probably been working with the tech for a while.

Let's hope that is the case :)

Good thing about next-gen is that it's architecture (x86-64) is the same as most PCs. So porting a game from PC could be made in matter of weeks. This is the way most developers are using for their next-gen games, as it's easier.

I see! That would be great then! Still makes me wonder why they showed a teaser for current gen instead of next gen, but I'm sure there's a good reason.

Thanks for easing my worries, y'all :p

I see! That would be great then! Still makes me wonder why they showed a teaser for current gen instead of next gen, but I'm sure there's a good reason.

I'd say the reason is the next gen version not being ready yet. Maybe they still have to polish it or it's a work in progress and subject to change.

I'd say the reason is the next gen version not being ready yet. Maybe they still have to polish it or it's a work in progress and subject to change.

Yeah I think you're right. I can't wait to see some footage from that version.

Hopefully! Perhaps a teaser online before that.
Giving that Beenox likes to talk and stuff with their fans, I thought that they may release this same teaser, running in next-gen hardware. I think, not for sure, but I think that that's less time consuming that creating a whole new trailer.

What I hope is that they release gameplay before May 2014, please :D

Giving that Beenox likes to talk and stuff with their fans, I thought that they may release this same teaser, running in next-gen hardware. I think, not for sure, but I think that that's less time consuming that creating a whole new trailer.

What I hope is that they release gameplay before May 2014, please :D

Yeah, as lackluster as this teaser was, I would want to at least see the same thing but in the next gen version sometime soon.

I honestly think it would've been better if Beenox didn't even release the current gen trailer at all.

Haha you never know, with their history in mind we shouldn't expect much :p

Releasing the visually inferior footage instead of the one that looks the best first was very strange. By the way, if they didn't show the trailer at NYCC (they didn't), why try to rush the trailer when the PS4/Xbox One footage wasn't ready, when they could have instead held off a couple weeks and recreate it/optimize it with their next gen tech that they have?

Webs attach to buildings?! Well isn't that just grand. I approve of this news greatly.

More news that I like. I'm interested in how the different webbing will play when it comes to combat...and on that subject, I wonder how they've been able to advance the combat. I know there will be more moves and prob still be a freeflow type system; let's hope they've made it a more rewarding/challenging system ala Arkham.

And using multiple controls to web swing is nothing short of kick ass news.

Two triggers for swinging? Different webs? INVESTIGATIONAL JOURNALISM!?

Greatest Spidey game ever.

Whoa...slow down there. lol. Let's not get ourselves overhyped for this. Words are still just words...let me see some actual gameplay first, then we'll talk.

so, what do people think about this one being about hunting down uncle ben's killer? i prefer it immensely to a bunch of cross species escaping oscorp, but i'm also concerned that it means the movies won't address it.

unless peter never finds him in this game and we get closure in a future film. but then that kind of makes the game a cop out...

ps. that teaser trailer was seriously underwhelming. do you think we will get another trailer for the VGAs?

Story-wise I like the premise of this game much better than the cross-species idea. On paper it sounds much better anyway. We could get into some of the organized crime with this game too...thought I saw that Kingpin might be in there; or heck, I'd love to see Tombstone.

We'll def have more trailers for this. Patience.

Spider-Man 2: The Game got web-play spot on. I never understood why they deviated from it. At last they're returning to common sense. I will wait for reviews before deciding to buy this one. I'm hoping it turns out good.

I'm waiting to see some actual gameplay footage before I drop a preorder on this. Hopefully they aren't so coy with that aspect and let us get a good look at the game a decent amount of time prior to release.

Doubtful.

Activision, and its studios, has had their hands on the next gen dev kits for a long while now.

Beenox has probably been working with the tech for a while.

Yep. Activision has had the next gen dev kits since sometime last year. There was an article on it around that time...can't locate the link.

See above. I wouldn't be worried, about the next-gen issue anyway.

Two triggers for swinging? Different webs? INVESTIGATIONAL JOURNALISM!?

Greatest Spidey game ever.
Not yet, it will be the greatest only if it's the one I define "By playing this game, I have little to know reason to attempt playing previous Spidey games"

Whoa...slow down there. lol. Let's not get ourselves overhyped for this. Words are still just words...let me see some actual gameplay first, then we'll talk.
Seconded
Have to ease up with this anticipation

so, what do people think about this one being about hunting down uncle ben's killer? i prefer it immensely to a bunch of cross species escaping oscorp, but i'm also concerned that it means the movies won't address it.
The movies have to address catching the killer, it's part of the origin
I really like the cross species plot
If we're lucky, this could be using plots and stories from Spectacular Spider-Man animated for inspiration

LOOL

Parker.JPG

:funny: oh my

It's not that bad :huh:

If PS3 version will possibly port costumes from the Amazing 1, do you expect the PS4 version to have some costumes not available in the PS3 disc?

As I mentioned before....it's awesome that webs don't attach to the skies but what is still equally important is can we build momentum in our swings like Sm2 or better. Automatic swinging can still be non cloud swinging but one continuous swing speed. We should start a petition to get their attention on the matter. They had non cloud swinging in Shattered but it still was not satisfying. I want to be able to control and build my speed like a car. And one of my favorite things in Sm2 was after I mastered swinging and beat races by getting adept at turning corners at just the right time. I also hope that added more than 2 animations to swinging....

As I mentioned before....it's awesome that webs don't attach to the skies but what is still equally important is can we build momentum in our swings like Sm2 or better. Automatic swinging can still be non cloud swinging but one continuous swing speed. We should start a petition to get their attention on the matter. They had non cloud swinging in Shattered but it still was not satisfying. I want to be able to control and build my speed like a car. And one of my favorite things in Sm2 was after I mastered swinging and beat races by getting adept at turning corners at just the right time. I also hope that added more than 2 animations to swinging....

Yeah then we have to pray that the teaser was just some really early build/mockup because the swing towards the camera looks pretty stale/plain (I can't talk about the webline but Spider-Mans body doesn't react to the swing at all).

I'd take the graphics we have from that trailer if it meant the game featured the best combat and gameplay any Spidey game has ever had.

A huge job. I think the last game will offer some solid ground work, so hopefully from now on they can focus on gameplay instead of creating something from the ground up.

I'm liking some of the things I'm hearing about the game, but I thought the trailer itself was fairly meh to be honest. Not so much that it made the game look rubbish, but more that it was just a bad trailer. Hopefully Beenox have learned from the past TASM game and other previous Spidey games and really deliver a decent game all round.

Also I really hope the story isn't as bad as the last one. I don't think I'll be pre-ordering this one just yet, but I'll keep my eye out to see how it develops.

One problem I have with the previous movie game and expect to find with this one is the acrobatics Spider-Man can perform
Compare the way he moves in the game to his movements in the movie it's linked to, depressing
I hope they fixed it to make the character a little more acrobatic than last time

One thing that I liked about the previous game was how it took villains who weren't previously featured in Spider-Man games and then made them into credible bosses like Spider Slayer and Vermin.

This time around, I'm kind of hoping that we get Sin-Eater, Cardiac, Chameleon, Doctor Traveler, Spider-Queen, Tombstone and Hydro-Man.

Last edited:
Anybody notice this? The story is written by Christos Gage. He's written some Spidey stuff recently. Off the top of my head I know he helped Dan Slott on a few Amazing/Superior stories.

One area in which Marvel has excelled in recent years is cross-platform integration involving different media. Jefferson discussed some of the upcoming video games coming from Marvel, including Amazing Spider-Man "for the seventeen of you who have a Vita" and ASM 2 for Xbox and Playstation. For the latter, Jefferson said, "We have an original story written by the very talented Christos Gage."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/13/nycc-marvels-house-of-ideas-panel-recap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"