• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
WEBS ATTACH TO BUILDINGS!?!?

BOTH TRIGGERS FOR WEBS LIKE SPIDER-MAN 2?!?!?

Beenox finally listened :D
Spider-Man 2: The Game got web-play spot on. I never understood why they deviated from it. At last they're returning to common sense. I will wait for reviews before deciding to buy this one. I'm hoping it turns out good.

so, what do people think about this one being about hunting down uncle ben's killer? i prefer it immensely to a bunch of cross species escaping oscorp, but i'm also concerned that it means the movies won't address it.

unless peter never finds him in this game and we get closure in a future film. but then that kind of makes the game a cop out...

ps. that teaser trailer was seriously underwhelming. do you think we will get another trailer for the VGAs?

I'm feeling the same way. It's a cool idea that can go to some cool places. I'm wondering if there will be more of an influence from the organized crime rogues in the game then. We know Kingpin's going to be in the game. But if the movie's are going to address finding the killer (it'd be cool if Spidey just catches the guy without knowing it and sees the tattoo after), they can still do it. It's like they said in one interview earlier. The game's are their own thing, the movies are their own thing.

$200? For a game advertised free?

I know, right?

Spider-Man 2: The Game got web-play spot on. I never understood why they deviated from it. At last they're returning to common sense. I will wait for reviews before deciding to buy this one. I'm hoping it turns out good.
You can wait and buy it cheap
Or loan it from a friend, some of us do

very much this.

The storyline doesn't actually bothers me, and it doesn't indicates that it's not going to be addressed in the films.

In the press release, they say that it is a sequel of TASM 1: The Videogame, not TASM 1 (the movie), and that they're creating their own alternate universe, loosely based on the movies. So, Manhattan will remember the chaos from the cross-species incident, Spidey already met Rhino, Black Cat, etc...

So, it's okay if Spidey catches Uncle Ben's killer here, it'll eventually happen in the movies.

The storyline doesn't actually bothers me, and it doesn't indicates that it's not going to be addressed in the films.

In the press release, they say that it is a sequel of TASM 1: The Videogame, not TASM 1 (the movie), and that they're creating their own alternate universe, loosely based on the movies. So, Manhattan will remember the chaos from the cross-species incident, Spidey already met Rhino, Black Cat, etc...

So, it's okay if Spidey catches Uncle Ben's killer here, it'll eventually happen in the movies.

ah so they're no longer pretending that it is an official/canonical movie tie-in? that's good to hear, if not a tad confusing to casual gamers / casual movie goers

This is a satisfying decision
Love it :D

so, what do people think about this one being about hunting down uncle ben's killer? i prefer it immensely to a bunch of cross species escaping oscorp, but i'm also concerned that it means the movies won't address it.

unless peter never finds him in this game and we get closure in a future film. but then that kind of makes the game a cop out...

ps. that teaser trailer was seriously underwhelming. do you think we will get another trailer for the VGAs?
The game is not canon, they created their own take on the universe with TASM1 and only take cues from the 2nd movie (like the story plays out a bit different for them).

AWESOME news. This sounds already like the best swinging system yet, they just need to introduce Web-Rush again.

Question! Spider-Man 2 had an advanced swinging option, where you could have two webs at the same time (and do things such as the "slingshot"). But did it used one button for each hand, or did it used R2 only? I remember it was just a button...

The idea of having a trigger for each Spidey hand is what I wanted since years ago, so great job Beenox!!

It was R2 only. Press R2 once = one webline (you could then release R2, you'd only let go off the web by pressing jump). While having 1 webline active press R2 again and HOLD IT (shoots a 2nd webline). If you then let go off R2 you'd let go off the first webline and the 2nd webline would be the one you can get rid off by pressing jump.

L2 had nothing to do with the 2 webs mechanic (it was only sprint/boost).

The game is not canon, they created their own take on the universe with TASM1 and only take cues from the 2nd movie (like the story plays out a bit different for them).

It was R2 only. Press R2 once = one webline (you could then release R2, you'd only let go off the web by pressing jump). While having 1 webline active press R2 again and HOLD IT (shoots a 2nd webline). If you then let go off R2 you'd let go off the first webline and the 2nd webline would be the one you can get rid off by pressing jump.

L2 had nothing to do with the 2 webs mechanic (it was only sprint/boost).

ah my bad. i forgot you didn't have to hold r2 to stay attached.

I feel a huge relief now that the trailer just was for current gen. It looking worse than ASM is pretty logical since they focus on the next gen. Hopefully that one will look good.

I LOVE all the info we've gotten lately. I'm looking forward to a more grounded story, and facing off Kingpin.

I bet Uncle Ben's killer will be someone from Kingpin's gang in the game universe.

I feel a huge relief now that the trailer just was for current gen. It looking worse than ASM is pretty logical since they focus on the next gen. Hopefully that one will look good.

I LOVE all the info we've gotten lately. I'm looking forward to a more grounded story, and facing off Kingpin.

I bet Uncle Ben's killer will be someone from Kingpin's gang in the game universe.

odd that they'd lead with a current gen showing.. you'd think they'd want to come out firing on all cylinders and show ps4/xbone footage.

odd that they'd lead with a current gen showing.. you'd think they'd want to come out firing on all cylinders and show ps4/xbone footage.

Yeah I thought that too, hopefully there was a good reason for that.

By the way, reading Beenox's twitter, there was a joke answer where they said "In Peter Parker mode, you will need to wash your suit from time to time, spend some time fixing it. Just kidding!"

Is it just me but wouldn't that actually be pretty awesome?? :p To play as Peter Parker in a more daily life as well? Not that they should spend money, time and space on that, but it would be pretty neat haha.

Another movie game with Kingpin as a boss?
I'm in

Yeah I thought that too, hopefully there was a good reason for that.

By the way, reading Beenox's twitter, there was a joke answer where they said "In Peter Parker mode, you will need to wash your suit from time to time, spend some time fixing it. Just kidding!"

Is it just me but wouldn't that actually be pretty awesome?? :p To play as Peter Parker in a more daily life as well? Not that they should spend money, time and space on that, but it would be pretty neat haha.

my brother wants you to be able to drive around in vehicles, lol.

Another movie game with Kingpin as a boss?
I'm in

Hopefully the main boss :)

my brother wants you to be able to drive around in vehicles, lol.

Haha OK that might be a little weird to do for some reason! But I'd love to be able to go to Harry's place, school, apartment etc. and do stuff as Peter.

But I absolutely love that we'll get to do some investigating stuff! :)

Haha OK that might be a little weird to do for some reason! But I'd love to be able to go to Harry's place, school, apartment etc. and do stuff as Peter.

do you remember the peter parker character model for spider-man 3? hilariously bad haha

LOOL

Parker.JPG

If the story requires it, sure, no problem

I agree

do you remember the peter parker character model for spider-man 3? hilariously bad haha
That's harsh
Work on modifying the eyes is all they really needed to do to make an obvious difference

Well like I said in a previous post, dev kits for next gen consoles have only been handed out recently to most devs (only first party studios had them longer). Beenox is probably in the midst of optimizing their new/existing engine for next gen consoles.

Well like I said in a previous post, dev kits for next gen consoles have only been handed out recently to most devs (only first party studios had them longer). Beenox is probably in the midst of optimizing their new/existing engine for next gen consoles.

Would that mean that the dev time for this game is extremely short for next gen?

Would that mean that the dev time for this game is extremely short for next gen?

Depends, I think they did most of their work on PCs already and only have to port it over to the next gen consoles. Could very well be possible that we only get the existing engine with a bit more graphical fidelity/depth to it, not a fully new engine (like SM3 on PS2 and PS3 being 2 different games). I mean a lot of devs work on multiplatform engines that scale with each platform (the one they used for TASM1 etc. could very well be portable to next gen consoles). That's essentially what Ubisoft did with Watch_Dogs, it's the same engine but it literally shines on next gen consoles.

Doubtful.

Activision, and its studios, has had their hands on the next gen dev kits for a long while now.

Beenox has probably been working with the tech for a while.

Depends, I think they did most of their work on PCs already and only have to port it over to the next gen consoles. Could very well be possible that we only get the existing engine with a bit more graphical fidelity/depth to it, not a fully new engine (like SM3 on PS2 and PS3 being 2 different games). I mean a lot of devs work on multiplatform engines that scale with each platform (the one they used for TASM1 etc. could very well be portable to next gen consoles). That's essentially what Ubisoft did with Watch_Dogs, it's the same engine but it literally shines on next gen consoles.

Ah, thanks for the answer! Hopefully they've worked alot on it for PC so far. But if that's the case I wonder why they didn't show anything from that version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"