The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 3 & 4 Set for 2016 and 2018!

So the Rumours of Sony shipping off Spidey goes out the window!

You mean that rumor that was already debunked by Sony themselves? Lol.

Well, this is good for a few reasons.

- They wouldn't be doing this if they weren't confident in The Amazing Spider-man 2.

-R

I HOPE their confidence speaks to how the quality is with The Amazing Spider-Man 2, but we'll never be so sure. Warner Brothers seemed to have confidence and was on a fast track to a Green Lantern 2 as well. But, I hope for the best and will always say that I have high hopes for TAS-M 2 because I was let down so much with the first film.

Here's to see a GREAT trilogy with 2, 3 and 4 :up:

You mean that rumor that was already debunked by Sony themselves? Lol.

I HOPE their confidence speaks to how the quality is with The Amazing Spider-Man 2, but we never be so sure. Warner Brothers seemed to have confidence and was on a fast track to a Green Lantern 2 as well. But, I hope for the best and will always say that I have high hopes for TAS-M 2 because I was let down so much with the first film.

Here's to see a GREAT trilogy with 2, 3 and 4 :up:

And a great 4 films for the rest of us :up:

pretty cool news about a 4th movie. i'm guessing that's when they'll want to do sinister 6?

I'm really glad that we are getting more than a trilogy. It is time for comic book films to stop limiting themselves to just 3 films.

It really annoys me how some people dismiss the idea of going past 3 films as just a way of milking the franchise. That may be true for many other franchises but it is not true for superheroes. The difference between a superhero franchise and any other franchise is that superheroes were specifically created to have long ongoing stories with story arcs, continuing character development, recurring villains, continuity, etc. Three films is way too little for superheroes, especially since the first film is often the origin and the third film is often bad (leaving you with just one good story that's not the origin).

This is why television is also always a much better place for superheroes. On TV, you are not limited to closing off superheroes to a trilogy and you get the chance to fully go in-depth, explore, and develop all important aspects of the character's mythos. It is no coincidence that the very first adaptations of superheroes were on TV and it is also no coincidence that what fans often consider to be the best adaptation of a character is often an adaptation done on television (Batman TAS, Spectacular Spider-Man, JL/JLU, Teen Titans, X-Men TAS, Avengers EMH, etc.). In today's age especially, big budget films are becoming more and more like TV. The first film in a franchise is almost like a pilot for a TV show now. Hollywood puts it out there to see how it does and if it is successful, they make more. Therefore I see no reason to close off superheroes to a trilogy, especially someone like Spider-Man who is one of the most continuity-driven superhero stories, if not the most continuity-driven.

This happens all the time. They did this with the last trilogy. They even said someone was writing SM4 and SM5. It may happen, it may not...we'll see.

Spider-Man 4 didn't have a concrete release date; that's the difference.

I believe they did. It was May 2014. We don't know for sure whether or not we'll make it to TASM 4 but assuming the next 2 films are good and don't end up being a flop, they probably won't shut down the fourth film.

I believe they did. It was May 2014. We don't know for sure whether or not we'll make it to TASM 4 but assuming the next 2 films are good and don't end up being a flop, they probably won't shut down the fourth film.

Wasn´t it 2011?

You're right; I was mistaken. However, I really can't see the behind-the-scenes chaos that derailed Spider-Man 4 happening again.

I think the most important thing this says is that three won't be the "finale" so to speak.

It was the obvious track to take for most of us (to do more than a trilogy) but now we know for sure. And yeah it was probably to snatch it up before Marvel or DC take that spot.

:funny:

****, if it was 2014, then Sony would have given Raimi a good seven years to work on a fourth film, lol.

This happens all the time. They did this with the last trilogy. They even said someone was writing SM4 and SM5. It may happen, it may not...we'll see.

I hope not. I hope Sony learned something from the Saimi trilogy.

I think someone else said it but its cool that this could technically the first fourth film in a superhero franchise since Superman IV. I know a lot of people (myself included) divide up the Batman franchise between Burton and Schumacher.

I hope not. I hope Sony learned something from the Saimi trilogy.

Did they, though? It seemed like they played their hand in the editing with TAS-M.

I think someone else said it but its cool that this could technically the first fourth film in a superhero franchise since Superman IV. I know a lot of people (myself included) divide up the Batman franchise between Burton and Schumacher.

And they'd be wrong. The last fourth installment was indeed Batman & Robin.

Love this news! The recent trend of Hollywood wrapping up all their franchises as a trilogy pisses me off. That's why X-Men 3, Spidey 3, and TDKR were such disappointments.

I had four major problems with TASM but other than that, I really like how the film was handled. Stone and Garfield were fantastic!

Spider-Man 4 didn't have a concrete release date; that's the difference.

Release dates are not concrete...as seen pretty much every year. There is no difference. It's a marketing ploy. So many things can go wrong in between now and then. It may or may not happen. You will know when they start filming ASM4.

And yes, they had a release date for SM3 and SM4. It's just a studio trying to line out it's years and to drum up interest by the public. It's in no way concrete.

One thing is I am worried about is the Sinister six

I am pretty sure they have that in mind with 4 movies announced.There seem to be enough Villains too(Lizard,Rhino,Electro,Goblin,Vulture....)

The reason I dont like the sinister six apart from being too cartoony is that,it more of a Spider-man vs his enemies rather than Spider-man vs the Villains of new york

As much as I loved TSSM,this thing pissed me off.Initially he is Super-hero who fights crime,but later Osborn and the big man start making Super-villain just to defeat Spider-man.Gives you the feeling that the city would be better without Spider-man

I'm worried about all this "We'll keep churning out movies and change the cast and crew when needed to keep the franchise going 007 style" thing... They were basically trying that with the Burton/Shumacher/Keaton/Kilmer/Clooney series. We all know how well that went...

I'm super excited about this announcement.

TASM was one of my favorite cbm's ever, and I feel like TASM2 is shaping up to be even better. I think Spidey is in safe hands with Webb and Garfield. Couldn't be happier about the announced 4th film, just hope AG isn't looking too long in the tooth in 4 years!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"