The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 3 & 4 Set for 2016 and 2018!

Three films from Maguire and four from Garfield. I’m very ok with that. I like the idea of a forth film possibly exploring an older, more seasoned Peter. With MJ too, if Gwen is killed off in the third outing. Things can change, sure, but at the moment Spider-Man’s filmic future is secure. TASM wasn’t dire like Superman 3, Superman 4 or Batman and Robin. I liked it. Though definitely the rest can be better.

Come on i would't put Spider-Man 3 in the same grouping as the other 2, if anything it was arguably closer to TASM than the others.

I have to say i think the action in Spider-Man 3 was more epic and enjoyable than in TASM.

Come on i would't put Spider-Man 3 in the same grouping as the other 2, if anything it was arguably closer to TASM than the others.

I have to say i think the action in Spider-Man 3 was more epic and enjoyable than in TASM.
Hm? I typed Superman 3, not Spider-Man 3.

Hm? I typed Superman 3, not Spider-Man 3.

Oops my bad. I totally thought i saw spider-man 3. I have actually seen some people group them together before. That list does make sense now actually.

It's safe to assume that movie 3 and 4 are definitely happening because Sony doesn't want to lose the film rights. So they have to be made. Only reason they wouldn't be is because the movies start to flop.

The excitement here isn't so much the release dates, but the fact that that have four movies planned. Even if the release dates change.

Oops my bad. I totally thought i saw spider-man 3. I have actually seen some people group them together before. That list does make sense now actually.
That's fine. I don't hate Spider-Man 3 either.

spider-man 3 is actually my favorite film out of the raimi series which aint saying much, its only because of the blacksuit storyline, thats the only reason, not that i think it has less flaws then then SM1 and 2, its just because i get to see scenes like black suited spidey hanging upside down which is visually awesome for me and the bell tower stuff

i still prefer TASM

The fact that they're going beyond a typical trilogy and have already announced dates for the next two films, I think that rumor that Sony isn't happy with this film is a bit of horse ****.

The fact that they're going beyond a typical trilogy and have already announced dates for the next two films, I think that rumor that Sony isn't happy with this film is a bit of horse ****.

Wait! There was such a rumour?

i remember the rumor, i think it was back when tasm was released, or just before.

Sony execs apparently asked for changes to be made, but that doesn't mean they were unhappy with the movie.

How can you say that?

Marc probably edited out those scenes himself to lower the runtime

You can't even say that when you said "Marc probably."

Agree to disagree as we're both guessing, but at least we know how Sony is.

It's safe to assume that movie 3 and 4 are definitely happening because Sony doesn't want to lose the film rights. So they have to be made. Only reason they wouldn't be is because the movies start to flop.

The excitement here isn't so much the release dates, but the fact that that have four movies planned. Even if the release dates change.

Well, they have to make a Spidey film within five or seven years before the rights are taken back or something like that? If a TAS-M 3 is released in 2016, then they could still end up rebooting Spider-Man again and just get the reboot released before the rights are taken back. I don't think it's still concrete even to say a TAS-M 4 will be made.

Announcing 2018 release dates is nonsensical. I think it is just a case of marking your territory.

As others have said already, I don't think this means much. If TASM2 and 3 aren't successful they'll probably reboot again or sell the property to Marvel. So it all depends. See Green Lantern as an example.

However, this at least shows that they don't intend to make it a trilogy only, which is great news to me! I'd hate for them to rush things like Sinister 6. I'd even want them to wait for Sinister 6 until ASM5, but I guess the actors won't be available then anymore.

What was this in regard too, using spoiler tags if neccessary?

Sony execs were apparently unhappy after viewing a screening cut of TASM and asked for changes, which is why we ended up with a number of scenes being cut from the final film even though several of said scenes had already been used in promotional spots.

Someone link me up with that report, unless it comes from any sites that shall not be named :whatever:.

No. That's like a salesman telling people that the product he is selling is terrible.

But did we ever know for sure if they did?

Way too difficult to say Sony hated The Amazing Spider-Man, but there are still unanswered questions, or the "untold story":-)oldrazz:) with why some stuff were taken out, especially Dr. Ratha's death scene where he cryptically asks Peter what he really was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"