The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 3 & 4 Set for 2016 and 2018!

They have to straighten all this out, the Ratha stuff since it was dropped abruptly.

They have to straighten all this out, the Ratha stuff since it was dropped abruptly.

I mean they don't need to since we just assume Ratha died on the limo smashing his head.

The deleted scene isn't canon right?

Do people really think that though? That he died when he hit his front window?

Do people really think that though? That he died when he hit his front window?

i doubt it. otherwise, people wouldnt have been going "where did ratha go after the bridge scene?"

it's only because people saw him die in the deleted scene that they could then infer that he died on the bridge.

I don't think most people are even going to remember him.

When he was meant to be a serious character, then yes, I say one should at least ask what's up with Ratha and if he'll show up again. He's the one that had the papers about the algorithm that Peter bumped into at OsCorp and he's the one that went into that spider room before Peter did, who informed the viewer that Norman Osborn is dying, that was going to test that serum and then just randomly didn't and vanished from the scene without that deleted scene being intact.

When he was meant to be a serious character, then yes, I say one should at least ask what's up with Ratha and if he'll show up again. He's the one that had the papers about the algorithm that Peter bumped into at OsCorp and he's the one that went into that spider room before Peter did, who informed the viewer that Norman Osborn is dying, that was going to test that serum and then just randomly didn't and vanished from the scene without that deleted scene being intact.

True but Ratha served his purpose in the first film fine, to fill in for Norman since he is "dying". Now that we're getting Norman in the sequel I don't think Ratha is all that important.

True but Ratha served his purpose in the first film fine, to fill in for Norman since he is "dying". Now that we're getting Norman in the sequel I don't think Ratha is all that important.

I'm not saying Ratha is important for the sequel, only that he was important in the first film and he just vanishes without something of closure for him when he seemed important up until Lizard shows up, and that, I don't like. He could have very well decided not to continue with those tests for the veterans, but there was literally no follow up after he bangs his head in his limo. He didn't die and he just disappears when he seemed way too important. It's like the Coleman Reese situation, but only worse, because Dr. Ratha was this villain of sorts, especially when he apparently had an idea of what's "wrong" with Peter(and that was cut).

Imo, it would've been best if all of Ratha's scenes were cut out.

What would Sony stand to gain by editing out those scenes?

Well, you know, as I said, there is this rumor of them not liking what they saw....they could have not liked what's in the film of this speculation of Richard Parker having experimented on his son.

Well, you know, as I said, there is this rumor of them not liking what they saw....they could have not liked what's in the film of this speculation of Richard Parker having experimented on his son.

Okay so maybe they removed the Sewer scene

But they would gain nothing by removing Conner's family.I am pretty sure it was done by Webb himself to shorten the time span

But they would gain nothing by removing Conner's family.I am pretty sure it was done by Webb himself to shorten the time span
That's probably the case. But if anything I think he should have deleted the scene where Peter visits Captain Stacy, and then add the scene with Dr. Connor's son instead.

:up:

Shorten the film by taking out a two minute tops scene? Ehh, if Webb indeed decided to do such, then he's in the same boat with Raimi because Raimi did the same thing in wanting to shorten S-M 3...replaced what could have been a great meeting between Sandman and Venom to a :45 second meet-n-greet at an alley.

That's probably the case. But if anything I think he should have deleted the scene where Peter visits Captain Stacy, and then add the scene with Dr. Connor's son instead.

Agree. IF they had to replace one scene with another, I would have definitely voted on replacing the Peter/Stacy scene.

I mean they don't need to since we just assume Ratha died on the limo smashing his head.

The deleted scene isn't canon right?

Would he really die by that? Also, that would make Peter accidentally killing him. That should be saved for Gwen.

Shorten the film by taking out a two minute tops scene? Ehh, if Webb indeed decided to do such, then he's in the same boat with Raimi because Raimi did the same thing in wanting to shorten S-M 3...replaced what could have been a great meeting between Sandman and Venom to a :45 second meet-n-greet at an alley.
Well Connor's wife was cast aswell and she had a couple of scenes

The kid had another scene(One of which took place in a prison)

So the whole family scenes added up to like 10 minutes or something,Maybe Webb thought they were worth it and removed it

And we never got to see the alternate meet in SM3,what makes you think it 'could have been great'

Well Connor's wife was cast aswell and she had a couple of scenes

The kid had another scene(One of which took place in a prison)

So the whole family scenes added up to like 10 minutes or something,Maybe Webb thought they were worth it and removed it

And we never got to see the alternate meet in SM3,what makes you think it 'could have been great'

We can't say a couple of scenes when we haven't even seen any or heard of any. And we've also only seen one scene with Curt and Billy.

Until we know otherwise, I'm just sticking to the fact that we only have one scene that we know of between Connors and his son.

We can't say a couple of scenes when we haven't even seen any or heard of any. And we've also only seen one scene with Curt and Billy.

Until we know otherwise, I'm just sticking to the fact that we only have one scene that we know of between Connors and his son.

Actually the kid said so in an interview

He said there is one scene in which Curt scolds him and another in the prison with Curt's wife.

Plus the one we saw

We didnt get to see everthing that was deleted,there was a montage of him skateboarding in which he jumps over cars and ends up on top of street light,there are also plenty of footage we saw in the trailers that we never saw

Again, I'd prefer to actually see the scene, or at least read it on a script than say it happened as we never saw it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"